Abortion is sexist

Heart wrenching. Give me a break. It's the woman that carries the fetus to term she is the one that goes through all of that while the man dances off doing whatever it is he does. Then he wamts to moan that it is sexist. Well excuse me for not feeling sorry for the man. If he wanted a chold he shold have asked. He he didn't want the woamn he shold have worn a condem. Just what i like to hear a woman is sexist while a man sits and wallows about the loss of a fetus. I'll get out my violin.

Not our fault. If the decisions rests solely on the woman, than the man should not have any responsibility unless he chooses to. Of course, then you get into the sociology debate of fatherless societies and all that. I am sure that is a much better way to go. :cuckoo:

Not our fault. If the decisions rests solely on the woman, than the man should not have any responsibility unless he chooses to. Of course, then you get into the sociology debate of fatherless societies and all that. I am sure that is a much better way to go. :cuckoo:
if he uses a rubber and it doesn't break, then absolutely, he shouldn't and WON'T be held accountable....cuz the kid won't be his! this is how he can hold himself responsible.... ;)

To all men that think they have a say-so on what females do with THEIR bodies, can go to HELL........ women are not cattle, sorry it is the law, all women have free agency over their own bodies.... NO UTERUS = NO OPINION

To all men that think they have a say-so on what females do with THEIR bodies, can go to HELL........ women are not cattle, sorry it is the law, all women have free agency over their own bodies.... NO UTERUS = NO OPINION

Yup!

Just so long as the woman understand that if men have no authority, they should also have no responsibility, I mean.

Care4all Quote:

if he uses a rubber and it doesn't break, then absolutely, he shouldn't and WON'T be held accountable....cuz the kid won't be his! this is how he can hold himself responsible.... ;)

Absolutely right.

And if the woman who agrees to have nopn-prcreational sex with a man get's pregnant, and the man does not want to assume responsibility for a fetus she chooses to being to term?

What then?

If a man has unprotected sex that results in a baby, after the sex is over the man has no rights to the kid until, the kid is born (out of the women's body) then he can pay support, or get married............... prettty simple...........

If a man has unprotected sex that results in a baby, after the sex is over the man has no rights to the kid until, the kid is born (out of the women's body) then he can pay support, or get married............... prettty simple...........

but yet if a woman gets pregnant or has a child via unprotected sex, she can abort or abandon the child with no legal repercussions. But the father has no such protections and even if he would like to waive his parental rights, he still has to pay. There should be some equity for men in the safe haven laws.

Again the only protection men have is to never trust a woman with birth control. We as men should be seeking better options than just condoms.

Male birth control pill soon a reality - Men's Sexual Health Guide - MSNBC.com

What if they had protected sex which failed?

Happens, you know.

What if they had protected sex which failed?

Happens, you know.

It doesn't matter as safe haven laws have no contraception causes. The point is that if women have protection under safe haven laws, men should have the same protection.

Abortion is murder and should never be a choice for a woman to make.

I agree with you and I think this is the saddest part of the freedom of choice dilemma...our society condones and subsidizes abortion, which leads young girls, and women, to believe that it is not wrong to have an abortion. One of the most horrible things that can happen to a woman is to get an abortion, or worse, multiple abortions, while young, thinking "it's legal so I'm not doing anything wrong" and then come to the realization, years later, that each of those abortions represented a real, living, wonderful child started in the exact same way as her living children (if she is blessed with living children). Even worse is the realization (for those who believe) that those children will not be in heaven because they did not have the opportunity to accept Christ, and that according to the Bible special punishment will be meted out to those who kill the innocent. I believe, myself, that "the innocent" is referring to children, and quite possibly, unborn children.

I feel nothing but sadness for the women today who are told by pro-choice propogandists that because a child is growing in their body, it is theirs to do with as they will, including murdering it. Parents do have the right to raise their children as they see fit....but they do not have the right to kill them. Even if that child starts in your body, it is not your body, it is a separate entity, and you have no more right to kill it than you do to kill the child of another who is in your protection.

I agree with you and I think this is the saddest part of the freedom of choice dilemma...our society condones and subsidizes abortion, which leads young girls, and women, to believe that it is not wrong to have an abortion. One of the most horrible things that can happen to a woman is to get an abortion, or worse, multiple abortions, while young, thinking "it's legal so I'm not doing anything wrong" and then come to the realization, years later, that each of those abortions represented a real, living, wonderful child started in the exact same way as her living children (if she is blessed with living children). Even worse is the realization (for those who believe) that those children will not be in heaven because they did not have the opportunity to accept Christ, and that according to the Bible special punishment will be meted out to those who kill the innocent. I believe, myself, that "the innocent" is referring to children, and quite possibly, unborn children.

I feel nothing but sadness for the women today who are told by pro-choice propogandists that because a child is growing in their body, it is theirs to do with as they will, including murdering it. Parents do have the right to raise their children as they see fit....but they do not have the right to kill them. Even if that child starts in your body, it is not your body, it is a separate entity, and you have no more right to kill it than you do to kill the child of another who is in your protection.

But let me ask you this Allie...

Why, during a period in which the British were very religious, was abortion not against the law under Common Law, until it was TO the point of Quickening, (when the baby can be felt kicking or out of the embryo stage but in to the Fetus stage...around 12 weeks and past)?

Even in the united states, until the mid to late 1800's we folowed the same Common Law in the united states....where abortion was permitted by all women up to the point of quickening?

Only when a fundamentalist/evangelical movement of a FEW got legs did abortion become a topic of interest...and banning it altogether.

Women aborted back then, via Pharmacuiticals they got...chemical abortions so to say....

for hundreds of years in the old and new countries, common law was followed and early abortions were not against the law....and these people were highly religious...most of the women aborting were married at the time, usually with alot of children.
----------------------------------------------------

ON another NOTE, you do realize that it was a republican movement that started family planning for the sole purpose of eliminated the poor and black's children....? It was a pandora's box, once it was opened for the gvt to do this race and poor elimination...it opened the door, to what you see as, (for some reason), a liberal move, today.

Why, during a period in which the British were very religious, was abortion not against the law under Common Law, until it was TO the point of Quickening, (when the baby can be felt kicking or out of the embryo stage but in to the Fetus stage...around 12 weeks and past)?

Even in the united states, until the mid to late 1800's we folowed the same Common Law in the united states....where abortion was permitted by all women up to the point of quickening?

Only when a fundamentalist/evangelical movement of a FEW got legs did abortion become a topic of interest...and banning it altogether.

Women aborted back then, via Pharmacuiticals they got...chemical abortions so to say....

for hundreds of years in the old and new countries, common law was followed and early abortions were not against the law....and these people were highly religious...most of the women aborting were married at the time, usually with alot of children.

ON another NOTE, you do realize that it was a republican movement that started family planning for the sole purpose of eliminated the poor and black's children....? It was a pandora's box, once it was opened for the gvt to do this race and poor elimination...it opened the door, to what you see as, (for some reason), a liberal move, today.

a little note for your side note--

N.C. Republican Roundtable: Margaret Sanger would have loved Barack Obama

You should read "Birth Control- A parents' problem or womans?" By margaret sanger.

While i don't support abortion, being adopted myself, I think abortion effects the mother solely. It is HER body. She is the physical one who must undergo the trauma from child birth or an abortion. To force the father of the child to sign a waiver impedes on the mother's freedom of her own body. Women may be economically and politically free in the USA (or atleast on paper) but she remains sexually restrained. An individual cannot be free when she does not own her own body. To place power such as this into the hands of man, woman is once again submissive to his rulings.

It's not just her body. There are two bodies.

Exactly why Roe V. wade was upheld with planned parenthood v. cassey. As stated by the justices, the right to do process as stated by the 14th amendment in the constitution makes it unconstitutional to decide for a women on what to do with her body. Its done and over with, I dont know why after 20 some odd years people still make this a wedge issue. Sure there are provisions, like for example the criminlaization of partial birth abortion, that is an issue. But the broad sense that abortion in general should be illegal clearly violates the 14th amendment. The question here should not be if abortion should be allowed because it is and it will always be, according to the constitution, but the issue should be weather to criminalize partial birth abortions. Even that was denied by the supreme court. When will people realize that saying you are pro life does not mean everyone else is pro death, it means that a forced moral agenda is what you want, and it also means the end of civil liberties as we know it.

Same goes for proposition 8, a disgusting display of modern day biggotry. The first and only proposition in the history of the United States that actually takes AWAY civil rights from the people of california. I cant believe we are living in a time where shit like this is still being debated seriously. It sickens me. I mean for gods sake, why not put a proposition on the ballad to take away womens rights then? Or African american rights? Might as well, the way this pathetic legisltation system of non-secularist, traditionalist, forced morals, let the government in your bedroom douch bags we have writing our bills.

While I agree with your logic, it was also legal for hundreds of years for women to be burned at the stake under suspicion of being a witch. Or crushed with stones for that matter.

While I agree with your logic, it was also legal for hundreds of years for women to be burned at the stake under suspicion of being a witch. Or crushed with stones for that matter.

hundreds of years? i only thought the salem witch trial/incidents lasted for a decade more or less....what other witch trials do you speak about? midevil times?

I work with a man, lets call him greg. Greg is 29 years old, making $10 an hour in retail, living with his parents. Greg had a child at the age of 17. He would admit he was certainly not ready to be a father. His son lives with him at his parents house and is effectively his best friend. Every day he talks about his son and how much he loves him and how great he is.

The mother of his son sends a Christmas card every year. That is their only contact. Greg refuses to pursue child support due to the hassle, and the fact that he is so disgusted with her and he never wants to deal with her again. He struggles to provide for his son on his own, without any college education due to the effort of raising a child, working a low paying shitty job, but he manages. His son is everything to him. And if you ask him if he regrets having the child he strongly declares no. He wouldn't change a thing.

This is completely true. Greg is a hero of mine. I hope you all are able to keep an open mind on these issues and realize that generalizations and stereotypes due a disservice to many people.

This coming from someone who is pro-choice.

Forum List

Back