Abortion is sexist

Answer: If the woman never told the man about it, he wouldn't know. Therefore any raising of hands would be only speculative.

Now, this is a problem for some of us responsible men. Some of us understand the possibility of pregnancy when having sex. Some of us are willing to take the responsibility. So, why are we not privy to any choice at all?

As for the women who don't know who the father is...she is a slut. that is not uncommon is an over-sexed society such as this. Yet, it is sad. Protect yourself if you don't want to get pregnant.

As for the comment about not having an abortion if you don't want one...Don't have sex if you are willing to take the risk of pregnancy.

i am not talking about abstinence. I am talking about responsibility. Obviously, that is a fading trait...especially in women nowadays. :9
quite contraire! it is the men, that seem to NOT be taking fatherhood seriously....like making their child legitimate by marrying the mother!

nearly 45% of ALL babies born in the USA today are born to SINGLE mothers.

KNOWING this, makes me believe that women ARE taking their moral responsibility much more seriously than you and other men seem to give them credit for, while giving a ''pass'' for the fathers of these children that their women chose to keep, for moral reasons....

Fewer women are having abortions...this is the way it is trending, but the men, the men are still 'care and fancy free', so it seems! :(

see!!!!

I can turn the table and put ALL the blame on ''the men of today'' being the truely irresponsible ones as easily as you put the blame on the women of today! ;)

Honestly though, it may not have been intentional on your part....i realize such, but my feminine radar zoned in automatically! lol

care

quite contraire! it is the men, that seem to NOT be taking fatherhood seriously....like making their child legitimate by marrying the mother!

nearly 45% of ALL babies born in the USA today are born to SINGLE mothers.

KNOWING this, makes me believe that women ARE taking their moral responsibility much more seriously than you and other men seem to give them credit for, while giving a ''pass'' for the fathers of these children that their women chose to keep, for moral reasons....

Fewer women are having abortions...this is the way it is trending, but the men, the men are still 'care and fancy free', so it seems! :(

see!!!!

I can turn the table and put ALL the blame on ''the men of today'' being the truely irresponsible ones as easily as you put the blame on the women of today! ;)

Honestly though, it may not have been intentional on your part....i realize such, but my feminine radar zoned in automatically! lol

care

I agree that men have traditionally dropped the ball of responsibility. That needs to change too. One thing that is not going to help that cause is to make the man feel as though it is not his child and not his responsibility as he has no say in its birth. Legally the baby is the woman's choice, period. The man cannot make choices for the child unless the couple stays together to raise the child. His name has to be put on the birth certificate (which requires birth to do so), then the woman has to put his name on the birth certificate. Then, if she decides to be a single mother, has to allow him visitation which requires child support. Basically, the man has no legal say unless the woman allows him so, or he raises the child by himself. We all know she almost automatically gets custody if the split up, too. He has to fight his ass off to get custody. So, do we need to add more examples of the sexist system to the child making and raising?

The man has a say in the decision, but the woman makes the final choice. That is the way it is, and that is the way it should stay. However, I do believe that the man should be given more rights, such as the right to opt out of fatherhood.
After all, if the woman can opt out of motherhood, shouldn't the man have the chance to do the same?

The man has a say in the decision, but the woman makes the final choice. That is the way it is, and that is the way it should stay. However, I do believe that the man should be given more rights, such as the right to opt out of fatherhood.
After all, if the woman can opt out of motherhood, shouldn't the man have the chance to do the same?
MOST MEN already opt out of the pregnancy....thus abortions on the woman's part and thus over 40% of babies born to single mothers....

Giving them some government law to allow them to opt out EVEN MORESO than they do already.....

Near every "single" man on this earth would "opt out" of an outside of marriage, accidental, bastard child being born with his name and blood....is how I see it.....his option out is when he chose not to use or to use a condom or male birth control which is now available via a pill and patch.

And this in a way, should be the same for the woman having sex....I totally understand this, that she too must be responsible for her own body and reproductive needs or desires.

The man, should NOT count on her to take precautions, and she should not count on her partner to do such either....therefore, imho, save sex for the "right" person or guy, that you are willing to marry or have an offspring with....

I realize this is easier said than done in this day and age of instant gratification.... :(

Would men screw as many women as they do if there was no abortion available to get them "out of their bind for the next 18 years"? Who knows???

bottom line though, imho, there are many places in the relationship that the man is having with the woman, where he can "opt out" before the pregnancy has a chance to occur....he can even discuss this with his sex partner BEFORE having sex with her....his desires to have a child or his desires NOT to....

But in the end, the pregnant woman has final say because it is her that will in more cases than not, be rearing this child of theirs ALONE, for the next 18 to a lifetime, of years....and it is her that does have to go through the pregnancy and the negative medical conditions that can come from it which affect her.....imho.

(Saying all of the above, with abortion BEING legal in the USA, which is the case, at this time.)

Care

Abortion is about planned parenthood profit$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
PP had $356 million in revenues in 2007.

The US spends millions on sex education in public schools and has the worst teen birth rate in the world.

Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Inc. (PPAF) is a related organization that lobbies the U.S. political system for pro-choice legislation, comprehensive sex education, and access to affordable health care.
Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Killing defenseless babies for profit$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Abortion is about planned parenthood profit$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
PP had $356 million in revenues in 2007.

The US spends millions on sex education in public schools and has the worst teen birth rate in the world.

Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Inc. (PPAF) is a related organization that lobbies the U.S. political system for pro-choice legislation, comprehensive sex education, and access to affordable health care.

Killing defenseless babies for profit$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

WHO, makes this "profit"? Planned Parenhood is a NON-PROFIT organization, isn't it? So who is it that makes this "profit" that you speak about? The Doctors performing abortions?

Planned Parenthood was initially introduced by Margaret Sanger with the help of Senator Prescott Bush, (grandpa Bush) as a means of controlling the birthrate of the Black Communities....from what I have read???

Prescott Bush also got the nickname of "Rubbers" in Congress because of how involved he was with the Programs of Birth control/serilization even...and getting the usa Army equipped with Rubbers to give out to their soldiers so that they would lesson their soldier's chances of getting various VD's....while serving in foreign countries....

care

WHO, makes this "profit"? Planned Parenhood is a NON-PROFIT organization, isn't it? So who is it that makes this "profit" that you speak about? The Doctors performing abortions?

Planned Parenthood was initially introduced by Margaret Sanger with the help of Senator Prescott Bush, (grandpa Bush) as a means of controlling the birthrate of the Black Communities....from what I have read???

Prescott Bush also got the nickname of "Rubbers" in Congress because of how involved he was with the Programs of Birth control/serilization even...and getting the usa Army equipped with Rubbers to give out to their soldiers so that they would lesson their soldier's chances of getting various VD's....while serving in foreign countries....

care

It's a damn shame old Prescott didn't use those rubbers on himself.

Many OBGYN's who perform abortions, also are Doctors who Pregnant Mother's go to throughout their pregnancy thru delivery and check ups afterward of child birth...

These Doctors would make MUCH MORE MONEY if they convinced the mother to be, to stay pregnant, and not terminate it....with ALL of the Doctor visits they would be guaranteed to Bill for the next 9 or 10 months verses a one time shot of a few hundred bucks, no?

care
Trying to blame Bush for everything makes a person look silly.

Planned Parenthood began as the National Birth Control League, which was founded in 1916 under the leadership of Mary Dennett.

PP had a $56 million profit in 2007.
I bet the CEO makes million$$$$$$$ from killing defenseless babies! :whip:

Heart wrenching. Give me a break. It's the woman that carries the fetus to term she is the one that goes through all of that while the man dances off doing whatever it is he does. Then he wamts to moan that it is sexist. Well excuse me for not feeling sorry for the man. If he wanted a chold he shold have asked. He he didn't want the woamn he shold have worn a condem. Just what i like to hear a woman is sexist while a man sits and wallows about the loss of a fetus. I'll get out my violin.

That's not a good solution at all. That punishes the child. "Child support" is for the child, who is the only innocent party in the whole mess.

Then a woman who takes advantage of safe haven laws and abandons a child with no legal repercussions should have to pay child support as well. it is for the child after all.

This is why I tell my son to never never NEVER trust a woman when it comes to birth control.

Forum List

Back