Abortion is sexist

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by bornright, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bornright

bornright Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Everyone, even the feminist, must admit that it takes male and female to make a child. There are very few actual reasons that people have for aborting a fetus. You can "what if" this action to death but if we are all honest the major reasons are: (1) I just do not have time to raise this child without giving up things that I want to do. (2) I just don't want to look fat. (3) I will have to give up my lifestyle of partying. Not being able to drink and or take drugs is just too much to ask. (4) Being pregnant will hurt my chances of having or finding a man. (5) My man doesn't want any children.

Perhaps it is better that a child never be born than to be raised by a parent that is so selfish. The truth is there are many men that would love to raise a child that they have conceived with a woman even though she is wishing to end the life of the fetus. Even the feminist can not say today that a woman makes a better or more neccessary parent for a child than a man. A non-sexist way to handle the matter of abortion would be that the only legal abortion would be one in which the man and woman sign off on the death of the fetus. If the man wishes to raise the child then perhaps the woman should be forced by law to finish the pregnancy. In which case the man would take charge of the child and the woman would have no claim on the child nor have any liability of child support. In a case where a woman wishes to have the child and the man wishes to abort it then she could have the child but the man would have no claim nor child support to pay. Man and woman have an equal responsibility for prevention. This is the only non-sexist way of handling a matter after all, women are just as intelligent as men and with so many birth control methods out, there is no reason why they can not also control the pregnancy. Many look at the fetus as a non-living thing. If it is a non living thing we still must admit that it took a man and woman together to create the fetus. If a man and a woman bought a house together the woman only owns half of it therefore she does not have the right to destroy it without the agreement from the other owner. To do so would be criminal and punishment would be placed on her. The woman could give or sell the man her half of the house if she does not want it or the man could give or sell her his share.

I personally do not believe that abortion is the correct thing to do. I raised my two children and will love them forever. If you don't want children don't get pregnant.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    This is a terrible point. Abortion isn't like a house sale. By its very nature, the decision can only be made by one person. If you make it so the man has to consent, then you've essentially given a veto power and put all of the power in the hands of the man. If you don't have it so that the man has to consent, all the power is in the hands of the woman.

In the end, by its nature, the whole decision has to rest with one person. Not an ideal situation, but that's the way it is. As between the two people involved, it makes more sense to have the decision fall to the woman than the man.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    the reasons you gave were rediculous. there are other, truly viable reasons for getting an abortion. the fact you didnt list them shows your view is extremely biased and not worth the time of trying to debate. try to have a more open mind on the topic, then we'll talk

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    As it stands now, the veto power is placed solely in the hands of the woman. The man is completely at the mercy of the woman's whim. If a woman chooses to keep a child the man is willing to have aborted, then the man should have a legal avenue to be absolved of all responsibility for the child from that point forward. As we all know, that is not the case.

It's never going to be 50-50 fair, but it could be more fair than it is.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    That's not a good solution at all. That punishes the child. "Child support" is for the child, who is the only innocent party in the whole mess.

6. nomdeplume

nomdeplume Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yep. Men should be able to "sign off" on any parental rights to be absolved of any monetary responsibilities.

The country is setup to baby women and fuck men over, however. And odumba is going to fuck them even worse by trying to pass his bullshit communist "Fair pay" nonsense. But I digress.

Get this, my brother found out after 7-8 years of paying court ordered child support and acting as the father to a kid that wasn't even his, at least accodring to the DNA. When he went in to get the court ordered removed, they basically said your screwed. He has to pay for a kid that isn't even his for 10 more years. According to the courts, he is the father.

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,854
    I think I'll dedicate the rest of my life to crying over the raw deal that men get from society. Especially white men.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,854
    Great advice. And if you do want children, get pregnant.

9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Like every 17 year old boy who knocks up his gf won't ask her to get an abortion... then if she refuses, he wouldn't pay.

RAFLMAO!

I do love the absurdity. If men got pregnant, they'd never have to ask anyone for permission to control their bodies.

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Jullian smears:

Sexist pap.

If you don't LIKE abortions, don't have one.