Abortion: If "We" can't ban it, then we shouldn't be forced to fund it!

the solution is education, not genocide.

THAT is what Planned Parenthood does. You right wing zealots create egregious lies, and expect everyone to live by them.

planned%20parenthood-245654727_v2.grid-6x2.jpg

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

I feel EXACTLY the same about forcing democracy down the throats of folks at the point of an American gun.

I'll let you select what your tax money can be spent on if you'll let me do the same.

federal dollars aren't used to pay for abortions.

sorry

"
Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare.[32]
In the 2007–08 Annual Report, clinic income totalled $374.7 million and miscellaneous operating revenues $68.9 million.[33] Approximately two-thirds of the revenue is put towards the provision of health services, while non-medical services such as sex education and public policy work make up another 16%; management expenses, fundraising, and international family planning programs account for most of the rest.
Planned Parenthood receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts ($349.6 million in the 2008 fiscal year). A coalition of national and local pro-life groups have lobbied the federal government to stop funding Planned Parenthood.[34] Federal legislators have also proposed laws that would ban Planned Parenthood from receiving federal money for any purpose.[35] By law, Planned Parenthood cannot allocate any federal funding for abortions.[34] Some abortion opponents, like Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana, have argued that allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services "frees up" funds for abortion.[35][36]"

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The feds pay the bills so they have the money they need to fund abortions. After all, it's important to keep poor black people from breeding!

It is so refreshing to see the rightwing so concerned about the children of poor black women

As long as they're not called upon to feed them or provide medical care once they're here...

Why not put a donation box on the 1040, like they do for state returns.

Check here to donate a portion of your tax payment to waterfoul.
Check here to donate a portion of your tax payment to abortions.

I would LOVE to see tax return forms that allow us to select what percentage of our taxes go to which agency or program.

Too much power in the hands of The People though. Congress would never give it up.

federal dollars aren't used to pay for abortions.

sorry

Federal dollars are used to subsidies staff, utilities, leases, equipment, etc. for PP. Of course, you won't see "abortion" being subsidized, but at least get a little honest about the reality.

Forcing someone to contribute to paying for abortions that is fundamentally against their core isn't exactly what the federal government was established to do.

What about forcing someone to pay for war that is obviously not being prosecuted for defense of our national borders?

Republicans oppose:

Planned Parenthood
Sex Education
Single Mother prenatal care
Childcare funding

Then complain that there are so many Abortions

They are also the first to wrap themselves in the flag and tout "FREEDOM" at the beginning of the speech which concludes with all the moral reasons why the government has the obligation to tell me who I can or can't marry, what I can or can't smoke and what business I can or can't engage in.

Republicans oppose:

Planned Parenthood
Sex Education
Single Mother prenatal care
Childcare funding

Then complain that there are so many Abortions

They are also the first to wrap themselves in the flag and tout "FREEDOM" at the beginning of the speech which concludes with all the moral reasons why the government has the obligation to tell me who I can or can't marry, what I can or can't smoke and what business I can or can't engage in.

So you actually agree with rightwhiner's bullshit? Seriously?

Thats like saying the government doesn't pay for voting. They only pay to provide every necessary thing to make it happen. Only the voter can vote.

Of course planned parenthood is an abortion based organization, founded by a woman who literally said she wanted to rid the world of "negroes and morons".

The government (aka me and you) should NOT fund such an organization, much less PRAISE it like Obama and Hill-dawg have.

Planned Parenthood was founded, by name, in 1942. Abortion wasn't even legal. It was not an 'abortion based organization'. It was founded as a birth control organization, which presumably, if you were able to organize your positions from one post to the next,

you would support.

I don't want Planned Parenthood shut down.

I just don't think you force taxpayers who are anti-abortion to cough up money to keep them operational if abortions are part of their services.

For the one zillionth time, the government money does fund the abortion services they provide.
And when we decide that you get to not pay your taxes for things you don't like? Can I be exempted from the war funding? From the 20% or so (at least) of the defense spending I don't support?

the solution is education, not genocide.

And we can start with this...........

Everyone agrees that the best result is no abortions. Period.

The question is, do we have the right to force our moral beliefs on others?

Unless you're the woman, her doctor or God, absolutely not.

What about the potential father? Is it not his child too?

No.

What's your plan? To let both mother and father have a vote on whether she gets an abortion?

So what if you do when it's a 1 to 1 tie?

lol

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

You are right. but defunding PP does not stop abortions because public funding is not used by PP for abortions except in cases where the life of the mother is is danger. Only 2% of services by PP is abortions. PP prevents 2 million abortions a year.. Defunding PP will not stop or ban abortions. Medicaid does the same abortions for the same reason as PP, defund Medicaid?
You are obvious ignorant to the services that PP has.
A low income woman whoes life is in danger because of a pregnancy should not be allowed to live?

I don't want my taxes to go toward killing innocent men, women and children in wars. WE killed 1 million innocent people in Iraq.

Idiot, more white babies are killed by abortions then all majorities together, because there are more whites and more white women having abortion. Even if the precentage of blacks are higher, more white babies are killed.
I don't want my tax money going to pay for education, healthcare and welfare for illegal aliens either.

You forget we live in a democracy.

Last edited:
The solutions to abortions in more funding for PP for education and prevention. If PP is destory by with holding funds, there will be more abortions because the prevention of pregnancy is gone as is contraceptions. PP is about more about preventing abortion than about giving abortions.

If you want blacks to have less babies and dependent on welfare then you has better hope it is sufficiently funded. The way to get black women off welfare is to privide contraceptives and education. and jobs.

Crucial Services Planned Parenthood Provides Besides Abortion

Planned Parenthood receives over $300 million a year in government funding. None of that can be used on abortion services, but there's a bill in Congress right now that would deny government funding to any organization that provides abortion. If the bill passes, it could threaten Planned Parenthood's existence.

As Double X points out, eight in 10 pro-life Americans support a woman's right to access contraception, for example, and if the bill passes, there would be no organization to provide the level of noncontroversial reproductive health care now easily accessible to millions of Americans through Planned Parenthood. In fact, in 2007, abortion represented only three percent of Planned Parenthood's services. So what else would American women (and men) lose if Congress defunded it?

1.Pap Smears: Can't afford a cervical cancer screening? Planned Parenthood has your back.
2.Pregnancy Testing and Services: The organization helps women who are pregnant or are thinking about becoming pregnant get prenatal care.
3.Diabetes Screening: Depending on location, you can get general health care services like diabetes screening, flu vaccines, or anemia testing at Planned Parenthood.
4.Breast Cancer Screening: The organization provides valuable breast exams and helps women find services they might need.
5.STD Testing, Treatment, and Prevention: Planned Parenthood provides free condoms, HPV vaccines, and STD testing and treatment.
6.Male Infertility Screening and Referral: The organization offers a variety of male sexual health services, like infertility screening, testicular cancer screening, and erectile dysfunction services. Are the congressmen aware of this?
7.Menopause Help: It might not make headlines like abortion services, but Planned Parenthood's health centers offer midlife services to help women deal with menopause.

Planned Parenthood's current battle with conservative lawmakers started when anti-abortion activists posed as pimps and caught Planned Parenthood workers on film giving advice about abortions for underage prostitutes. Some of the workers followed the rules, while those who didn't were fired, and the "sting" brings up the same arguments made in a typical abortion debate. But since Planned Parenthood already cannot use government funding for abortion, it's disingenuous to use that incident to defund the other noncontroversial women's health services it provides.

http://www.tressugar.com/List-Services- ... n-14083611

Depending on the state, there are more services provided.

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about”

Last edited:
Bfgrn, your chart is a lie, they don't do cancer screening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq0kBkUZbvQ]YouTube - Planned Parenthood cheats taxpayers with imaginary mammograms[/ame]

the whole organization is a fraud, just like your "graphs"

Why are cons so clueless on this subject? PP receives gov't funding for health services, like pap smears and std testing; and for family planning, like contraception. No federal funds are used for abortions. Out of all of PP services, abortion makes up 3%. That 3% is funded privately. The Hyde amendment prevents federal funds from funding abortions. Turn off Limbaugh and get a clue.

I (a liberal who has a healthy dislike for right wing conservatives) completely agree!

and I think this reasoning should apply to everyone;

why should I pay more in taxes while churches are not taxed at all?

why should some of my tax money be used to pay for religious purposes when I disapprove of religions and consider them to be a danger to my freedom?

all over the country tax money is being used to build sports arenas.
I don't follow sports nor care for them so why should I have to pay for them?

people who oppose war and the military should not be forced to pay taxes to subsidize these

people who oppose big business should not have been forced to pay taxes for the big bailout

Bfgrn, your chart is a lie, they don't do cancer screening.

YouTube - Planned Parenthood cheats taxpayers with imaginary mammograms

the whole organization is a fraud, just like your "graphs"

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPFA is a federation of 85 independent Planned Parenthood affiliates around the United States These affiliates together operate more than 820 health centers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Together, they are the largest family planning provider in the United States with over four million activists, supporters and donors. They serve over five million clients a year, 26% of which are teenagers under the age of 19.

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back