Abortion: If "We" can't ban it, then we shouldn't be forced to fund it!

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

I (a liberal who has a healthy dislike for right wing conservatives) completely agree!

and I think this reasoning should apply to everyone;

why should I pay more in taxes while churches are not taxed at all?

why should some of my tax money be used to pay for religious purposes when I disapprove of religions and consider them to be a danger to my freedom?

all over the country tax money is being used to build sports arenas.
I don't follow sports nor care for them so why should I have to pay for them?

people who oppose war and the military should not be forced to pay taxes to subsidize these

people who oppose big business should not have been forced to pay taxes for the big bailout

Well, we can explore this if you like. Taxing a Church is a violation of the "seperation of church and state" that liberals love to expouse whenever they wish to force the state to disavow religion. Taxing the church would give them real political standing and therefore be counter-effective to what you later describe as your position on religion, right? Probably not a great idea.

Federal money isn't supposed to be used to advance or sponsor religion. Please give an example of Federal funding for a religion. As for purposes, I find it hard to believe a Liberal would honestly oppose Federal charity which I believe is what many liberals believe is their purpose.

Sports arenas, great point, except that they are generally funded through referenda so the people have a direct influence on that spending and it is often argued that it is an investment for future economic gain. As this is funded by states and principalities and not the Federal government, it is apples to oranges.

Funding the military is part of the "common defense" mentioned in the Constitution and is required regardless of opinion of military actions. As all benifit by the military and its ability to defend our citizens, it has to be funded, opinions on specific actions not withstanding. Of course I have to believe that was hyperbole, but just to state the obvious objection...

On the bailout, I agree completely, it was an overstepping of the granted government authority and should not have been funded. I am stunned that it hasn't been ruled on and reversed by judicial review.

The great irony is that PP is just like the bailout, not a government responsibility. If funds are spent by PP they had better not have an agenda, be a religious institution or have a political offiliation, right? Since we know they don't meet that criteria, they should not be eligible for federal funding, should they?

Bfgrn, your chart is a lie, they don't do cancer screening.

YouTube - Planned Parenthood cheats taxpayers with imaginary mammograms

the whole organization is a fraud, just like your "graphs"

Planned Parenthood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPFA is a federation of 85 independent Planned Parenthood affiliates around the United States These affiliates together operate more than 820 health centers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Together, they are the largest family planning provider in the United States with over four million activists, supporters and donors. They serve over five million clients a year, 26% of which are teenagers under the age of 19.

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.

Not to be rude, but can we please stop using "Wiki" as a reference? It is a poor source and unreliable. If a Wiki reference has source documentation or support, better that we rely on that source directly, isn't it? Memeber written with little membership requirements leads to a lot of misinformation being treated as fact.

Why is EVERYTHING you folks on the right believe based on lies, deception and ignorance?

Live Action is an anti-abortion group that in 2011 produced a hoax "sting" video to target Planned Parenthood. The video was similar to those produced by conservative activist James O'Keefe, who in 2009 made heavily edited video targeting the community group ACORN. Live Action is run by Lila Rose, who produced the anti-Planned Parenthood video. Rose previously worked with O'Keefe producing undercover videos of Planned Parenthood offices.

Educate yourself for the FIRST time in your life.

The truth about Planned Parenthood

federal dollars aren't used to pay for abortions.

sorry

"
Planned Parenthood has received federal funding since 1970, when President Richard Nixon signed into law the Family Planning Services and Population Research Act, amending the Public Health Service Act. Title X of that law provides funding for family planning services, including contraception and family planning information. The law enjoyed bipartisan support from liberals who saw contraception access as increasing families' control over their lives, and conservatives who saw it as a way to keep people off welfare.[32]
In the 2007–08 Annual Report, clinic income totalled $374.7 million and miscellaneous operating revenues $68.9 million.[33] Approximately two-thirds of the revenue is put towards the provision of health services, while non-medical services such as sex education and public policy work make up another 16%; management expenses, fundraising, and international family planning programs account for most of the rest.
Planned Parenthood receives about a third of its money in government grants and contracts ($349.6 million in the 2008 fiscal year). A coalition of national and local pro-life groups have lobbied the federal government to stop funding Planned Parenthood.[34] Federal legislators have also proposed laws that would ban Planned Parenthood from receiving federal money for any purpose.[35] By law, Planned Parenthood cannot allocate any federal funding for abortions.[34] Some abortion opponents, like Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana, have argued that allocating money to Planned Parenthood for the provision of other medical services "frees up" funds for abortion.[35][36]"

The feds pay the bills so they have the money they need to fund abortions. After all, it's important to keep poor black people from breeding!

Medicaid also pays for abortions.

Del and so many others are wrong when they make the claim that federal dollars do not fund abortion.

Immie

Why is EVERYTHING you folks on the right believe based on lies, deception and ignorance?

Live Action is an anti-abortion group that in 2011 produced a hoax "sting" video to target Planned Parenthood. The video was similar to those produced by conservative activist James O'Keefe, who in 2009 made heavily edited video targeting the community group ACORN. Live Action is run by Lila Rose, who produced the anti-Planned Parenthood video. Rose previously worked with O'Keefe producing undercover videos of Planned Parenthood offices.

find me a planned parenthood outlet that does cancer screening so i can give them a call and make sure. if they do ill concede i was wrong. k?

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

As much as I hate to disagree with your position, I must.

The only way we get to decide what our tax dollars are spent on is by voting for or against our Representatives. That is the only voice we get in this decision.

Once you have cast that vote, your have had your say.

After that, we don't get to decide what our tax dollars are used for. They go into a pool and Congress decides where those funds will be spent.

We can all scream and holler about where those funds are being spent, but we have no say at all. If we don't like where they are being spent this year, then we should be casting our votes for someone else at the next election.

Immie

find me a planned parenthood outlet that does cancer screening so i can give them a call and make sure. if they do ill concede i was wrong. k?

You didn't even watch the video. did you?

sorry

Federal dollars are used to subsidies staff, utilities, leases, equipment, etc. for PP. Of course, you won't see "abortion" being subsidized, but at least get a little honest about the reality.

Forcing someone to contribute to paying for abortions that is fundamentally against their core isn't exactly what the federal government was established to do.

What about the person that is fundamentally opposed to war? More specifically opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their tax dollars are being used to fund the war. Should they have enough of a say to stop all funding of the wars?

There are many conservatives that are opposed to Welfare or Social Security. Should they be able to stop the funding of these programs because they are opposed to them?

Immie

you want to prove me wrong? Then get me a city and a state and ill call their PP office and ask.

you want to prove me wrong? Then get me a city and a state and ill call their PP office and ask.

Oh, the childish tantrum tactic...here's the scoop...Planned Parenthood does not have mammogram machines. They PAY for women to have the exams done at medical facilities they partner with. For women that can't afford the exam, or lose their job and/or health insurance, they are a life saver.

The right wing propaganda you believe on the on the hand are killers, using lies and deception. They will NEVER tell you any truths about Planned Parenthood. They depend on your accepting ignorance. You are compliant.

Oh, the childish tantrum tactic...here's the scoop...Planned Parenthood does not have mammogram machines. They PAY for women to have the exams done at medical facilities they partner with. For women that can't afford the exam, or lose their job and/or health insurance, they are a life saver.

The right wing propaganda you believe on the on the hand are killers, using lies and deception. They will NEVER tell you any truths about Planned Parenthood. They depend on your accepting ignorance. You are compliant.

well, thanks for proving me right. Appreciate it.

Was that video even legal?

Were they taping people without their knowledge? I thought that was a crime.

It is true that the PP representative appears to have been mistaken, if not flat out lying, about the mammograms, but I have to question the authenticity of the phone conversations in that video.

Immie

well, thanks for proving me right. Appreciate it.

What are you having trouble comprehending Liberty? If a woman can go to Planned Parenthood and they will PAY for a woman's mammogram at a qualified medical facility, that doesn't count? I watched your video, you don't even have the courtesy to watch mine? WHY is that Liberty? Will the video bite you?

I'm pretty sure Islam is anti-abortion. Probably radical Islam is radically anti-abortion.

Islam and abortion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Muslim views on abortion are shaped by the Quran and Hadith as well as by the opinions of legal and religious scholars and commentators. In Islam, the fetus is believed to become a living soul after four months of gestation,[1] and abortion after that point is generally viewed as impermissible. Many Islamic thinkers recognize exceptions to this rule for certain circumstances; indeed, Azizah Y. al-Hibri notes that "the majority of Muslim scholars permit abortion, although they differ on the stage of fetal development beyond which it becomes prohibited."[2]

Islam and abortion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPFA is a federation of 85 independent Planned Parenthood affiliates around the United States These affiliates together operate more than 820 health centers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Together, they are the largest family planning provider in the United States with over four million activists, supporters and donors. They serve over five million clients a year, 26% of which are teenagers under the age of 19.

Services provided at locations include contraceptives (birth control); emergency contraception; screening for breast, cervical and testicular cancers; pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling; testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases; comprehensive sexuality education, menopause treatments; vasectomies, tubal ligations, and abortion.

Not to be rude, but can we please stop using "Wiki" as a reference? It is a poor source and unreliable. If a Wiki reference has source documentation or support, better that we rely on that source directly, isn't it? Memeber written with little membership requirements leads to a lot of misinformation being treated as fact.

I LOVE Wiki

One of the best sources of information on the internet and it is FREE. Wiki has articles on a broader range of subjects than any encyclopedia anywhere. Wiki Rocks!

Are they 100% accurate...no probably 99%

So ...I will not use Wiki to support my Masters Thesis. But to refute a fucking YouTube propaganda piece on an internet message board?

If you think any of the information I posted from Wiki is innacurate, you are free to refute it

Wikipedia Kicks Ass

Last edited:

I LOVE Wiki

One of the best sources of information on the internet and it is FREE. Wiki has articles on a broader range of subjects than any encyclopedia anywhere. Wiki Rocks!

Are they 100% accurate...no probably 99%

So ...I will not use Wiki to support my Masters Thesis. But to refute a fucking YouTube propaganda piece on an internet message board?

Wikipedia Kicks Ass

Wiki is a good source to go to with information in a well laid out format.

Would I use it to prove a point? No. But, I will use it to back up my statements because of its format and ease. If I have to prove my point, I'll go elsewhere.

Like that saying goes: Caveat Emptor.

When it comes to Wiki, Let the reader beware.

Immie

You are right. but defunding PP does not stop abortions because public funding is not used by PP for abortions except in cases where the life of the mother is is danger. Only 2% of services by PP is abortions. PP prevents 2 million abortions a year.. Defunding PP will not stop or ban abortions. Medicaid does the same abortions for the same reason as PP, defund Medicaid?
You are obvious ignorant to the services that PP has.
A low income woman whoes life is in danger because of a pregnancy should not be allowed to live?

I don't want my taxes to go toward killing innocent men, women and children in wars. WE killed 1 million innocent people in Iraq.

Idiot, more white babies are killed by abortions then all majorities together, because there are more whites and more white women having abortion. Even if the precentage of blacks are higher, more white babies are killed.
I don't want my tax money going to pay for education, healthcare and welfare for illegal aliens either.

You forget we live in a democracy.

That's a lot of carnage. One Million??? :lol:

And we live in a Republic, not a Democracy.

Reading something other than message boards might be useful to you.

I agree. Planned Parenthood is a biased political organization no better than ACORN. Taxpayers should not be forced to fund them. They should be a privately funded organization. There are more than enough wealthy Leftists in this country whose donations could keep them afloat. Between Liberal Hollywood and George Soros,they have enough cash to function. Our Government should not ban Abortion and it should not fund it either. Your post nailed it. Thanks.

sorry

Federal dollars are used to subsidies staff, utilities, leases, equipment, etc. for PP. Of course, you won't see "abortion" being subsidized, but at least get a little honest about the reality.

Forcing someone to contribute to paying for abortions that is fundamentally against their core isn't exactly what the federal government was established to do.

What about the person that is fundamentally opposed to war? More specifically opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Their tax dollars are being used to fund the war. Should they have enough of a say to stop all funding of the wars?

There are many conservatives that are opposed to Welfare or Social Security. Should they be able to stop the funding of these programs because they are opposed to them?

Immie

One of the fed's roles is the military. It's really that simple.

Lots of conservatives have a problem with the level of military engagement we have worldwide, not just the middle east. They should vote for representatives that support their positions most closely.

That doesn't change the dialog of whether the federal government should be involved in many of the funding programs they are engaged in.

And for those in this thread that say the feds don't fund abortions, apparently the revocation of the Mexico City Policy has long been forgotten.

President Obama signed an executive order today reversing the ban that prohibits funding to international family planning groups that provide abortions, as first reported by ABC News.

Obama Overturns 'Mexico City Policy' Implemented by Reagan - ABC News

It is just a pattern of liberals wanting to have taxpayers fund abortions, and conservatives not thinking that this is something that the government should be taking money for.

And again, I think that generally Planned Parenthood is a good organization. They should simply shed the abortion services arm and let that segment of their services be a stand-alone entity.

And, for those that say it would not be economically feasible, than you are admitting that those services can be provided relatively inexpensively only because of the subsidizing that occurs within the rest of the organization.

I'm sure someone (or several someones) has/have already mentioned that federal dollars don't pay for abortions. Or haven't you ever heard of the Hyde Amendment?

Disinformation seems to be the conservative way (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with the American way). I don't know why it suprises me anymore. It shouldn't. But it does.

Forum List

Back