Abortion: If "We" can't ban it, then we shouldn't be forced to fund it!

Bfgrn, your chart is a lie, they don't do cancer screening.

YouTube - Planned Parenthood cheats taxpayers with imaginary mammograms

the whole organization is a fraud, just like your "graphs"

Why is EVERYTHING you folks on the right believe based on lies, deception and ignorance?

Live Action is an anti-abortion group that in 2011 produced a hoax "sting" video to target Planned Parenthood. The video was similar to those produced by conservative activist James O'Keefe, who in 2009 made heavily edited video targeting the community group ACORN. Live Action is run by Lila Rose, who produced the anti-Planned Parenthood video. Rose previously worked with O'Keefe producing undercover videos of Planned Parenthood offices.

Educate yourself for the FIRST time in your life.

The truth about Planned Parenthood

find me a planned parenthood outlet that does cancer screening so i can give them a call and make sure. if they do ill concede i was wrong. k?

Planned Parenthood Locations and Health Centers

Republicans oppose:

Planned Parenthood
Sex Education
Single Mother prenatal care
Childcare funding

Then complain that there are so many Abortions

They are also the first to wrap themselves in the flag and tout "FREEDOM" at the beginning of the speech which concludes with all the moral reasons why the government has the obligation to tell me who I can or can't marry, what I can or can't smoke and what business I can or can't engage in.

So you actually agree with rightwhiner's bullshit? Seriously?

Does it appear to this average Joe that Republicans seem to oppose:

Planned Parenthood
Sex Education
Single Mother prenatal care
Childcare funding

Then seem to complain that there are to many Abortions?

Yes. Seriously!

Abortion: If "We" can't ban it, then we shouldn't be forced to fund it!

Actually, Blue states should stop being forced to fund Red states. If the money from Blue states was spent in Blue states, they would have a balanced budget. Tired of my tax money going to ignorant, uneducated and loud right wingers.

facts confuse him.

there's a lot of that going around

And yet you turn a blind eye to the reality (SEE FACT) that everything that allows them to provide abortions is subsidized.

and my taxes subsidized a war of choice.

which has cost us more?

my taxes also helped subsidize a million dollar study on whether prayer works?

life's tough that way.

i'd suggest a nice hot cup of get over it.

Killing a baby is a personal choice unless it's a medical emergency. Tax Dollars should not be involved with it. If you want to kill your baby,than so be it. But don't demand the Taxpayers pay for it. Planned Parenthood should be a privately funded organization. They are well known to be politically biased and active. They're no different than ACORN in my opinion. Let them operate on private funding. I'm pretty sure Liberal Hollywood & George Soros have more than enough cash to keep them in business. Government should not be involved in the business of killing babies. Period,end of story.

planned parenthood politically biased?

i think their only bias is against people who hate birth control, hate sex education, hate reproductive choice and support ignorance.

tough.

no federal dollars go to fund abortion. and you don't get around the fact that we have an absolute constitutional right to reproductive choice by defunding women's medical care.

bummer that.

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

I (a liberal who has a healthy dislike for right wing conservatives) completely agree!

and I think this reasoning should apply to everyone;

why should I pay more in taxes while churches are not taxed at all?

why should some of my tax money be used to pay for religious purposes when I disapprove of religions and consider them to be a danger to my freedom?

all over the country tax money is being used to build sports arenas.
I don't follow sports nor care for them so why should I have to pay for them?

people who oppose war and the military should not be forced to pay taxes to subsidize these

people who oppose big business should not have been forced to pay taxes for the big bailout

Well, we can explore this if you like. Taxing a Church is a violation of the "seperation of church and state" that liberals love to expouse whenever they wish to force the state to disavow religion. Taxing the church would give them real political standing and therefore be counter-effective to what you later describe as your position on religion, right? Probably not a great idea.

Federal money isn't supposed to be used to advance or sponsor religion. Please give an example of Federal funding for a religion. As for purposes, I find it hard to believe a Liberal would honestly oppose Federal charity which I believe is what many liberals believe is their purpose.

Sports arenas, great point, except that they are generally funded through referenda so the people have a direct influence on that spending and it is often argued that it is an investment for future economic gain. As this is funded by states and principalities and not the Federal government, it is apples to oranges.

Funding the military is part of the "common defense" mentioned in the Constitution and is required regardless of opinion of military actions. As all benifit by the military and its ability to defend our citizens, it has to be funded, opinions on specific actions not withstanding. Of course I have to believe that was hyperbole, but just to state the obvious objection...

On the bailout, I agree completely, it was an overstepping of the granted government authority and should not have been funded. I am stunned that it hasn't been ruled on and reversed by judicial review.

The great irony is that PP is just like the bailout, not a government responsibility. If funds are spent by PP they had better not have an agenda, be a religious institution or have a political offiliation, right? Since we know they don't meet that criteria, they should not be eligible for federal funding, should they?

How is taxing the worship industry anything but a violation of the SWEET deal that the worship industry was able to lobby for a long time ago?

It's not fair to all of the other businesses competing for the American Entertainment Dollar... the worship industry should be taxed, nationally and locally.

I (a liberal who has a healthy dislike for right wing conservatives) completely agree!

why should some of my tax money be used to pay for religious purposes when I disapprove of religions and consider them to be a danger to my freedom?

people who oppose war and the military should not be forced to pay taxes to subsidize these

people who oppose big business should not have been forced to pay taxes for the big bailout

Well, we can explore this if you like. Taxing a Church is a violation of the "seperation of church and state" that liberals love to expouse whenever they wish to force the state to disavow religion. Taxing the church would give them real political standing and therefore be counter-effective to what you later describe as your position on religion, right? Probably not a great idea.

Federal money isn't supposed to be used to advance or sponsor religion. Please give an example of Federal funding for a religion. As for purposes, I find it hard to believe a Liberal would honestly oppose Federal charity which I believe is what many liberals believe is their purpose.

Sports arenas, great point, except that they are generally funded through referenda so the people have a direct influence on that spending and it is often argued that it is an investment for future economic gain. As this is funded by states and principalities and not the Federal government, it is apples to oranges.

Funding the military is part of the "common defense" mentioned in the Constitution and is required regardless of opinion of military actions. As all benifit by the military and its ability to defend our citizens, it has to be funded, opinions on specific actions not withstanding. Of course I have to believe that was hyperbole, but just to state the obvious objection...

On the bailout, I agree completely, it was an overstepping of the granted government authority and should not have been funded. I am stunned that it hasn't been ruled on and reversed by judicial review.

The great irony is that PP is just like the bailout, not a government responsibility. If funds are spent by PP they had better not have an agenda, be a religious institution or have a political offiliation, right? Since we know they don't meet that criteria, they should not be eligible for federal funding, should they?

How is taxing the worship industry anything but a violation of the SWEET deal that the worship industry was able to lobby for a long time ago?

It's not fair to all of the other businesses competing for the American Entertainment Dollar... the worship industry should be taxed, nationally and locally.
Agreed.
Let a level playing ground and the market determine if the worship industry provides a needed service.

If we should not be able to ban abortion, in the name of womens rights, privacy, and an all around attitude of "Keep gov't out of my body" then we also shouldn't be forced to fund it. Quite simple.

Keep abortion out of the government. I the taxpayer can't ban it if I don't believe in it. But isn't it also only fair that if I'm against it, my tax money shouldn't have to fund it?

Defund Planned Parenthood (Aka the organization founded on the idea of making less black people. It's true, look it up.)

"Taxing a Church is a violation of the "seperation of church and state" that liberals love to expouse whenever they wish to force the state to disavow religion."

taxing religions/churches is NOT a violation of separation church/state

i hardly think that people with fantasy delusions should be given the special right of not having to pay taxes.

real separation of state would result in religions paying their fair share of taxes.

every dollar they do NOT pay intaxes is money that you are or i must pay.

you, perhaps, don't mind paying more in taxes to benefit the delusional but i do not.

"Federal money isn't supposed to be used to advance or sponsor religion. Please give an example of Federal funding for a religion."

congress pays $300,000 per year for religious leaders to pray before each session.

that should be $0. if they want to pray they should volunteer .

and by virtue of not paying taxes the gov is giving them a free ride....something that real conservatives use to complain about

i find it odd that conservatives, who complain so much about
a. taxes
b. free rides for free loaders
c. having to pay for things they do not believe in

would flip flop on religion and
a. be willing to pay more in taxes
b. happy to allow religion/church be a free loader
c. have no problem forcing me to pay for things that I do not believe in

"Sports arenas, great point, except that they are generally funded through referenda so the people have a direct influence on that spending and it is often argued that it is an investment for future economic gain"

it may be argued but i don't believe it

it's just another big tax expense that i am forced to contribute to

federal dollars aren't used to pay for abortions.

sorry

If you're funding Planned Parenthood, then you're funding abortions. We should probably rethink that, though. 80% of Planned Parenthood offices are in minority neighborhoods. Can you imagine how many more minorities there would be in the world if it wasn't for organizations like Planned Parenthood?

You want to kill your baby,than so be it. But don't force the Taxpayers to pay for it. Kill your baby on your own time and with your own money. Planned Parenthood is well known for pushing Abortion. They should not receive Tax Dollars. Let Soros and Liberal Hollywood fund them. Our Government does not belong in the baby-killing business.

sorry

If you're funding Planned Parenthood, then you're funding abortions. We should probably rethink that, though. 80% of Planned Parenthood offices are in minority neighborhoods. Can you imagine how many more minorities there would be in the world if it wasn't for organizations like Planned Parenthood?

any federal funds are segregated from abortions. 2% of planned parenthood's expenses are abortion-related.

that said, i'll take as true that planned parenthood is largely in minority neighborhoods because that's where women's health care is most needed. if i need birth control or a mammogram or exam, i go to my own doctor. i don't need planned parenthood for that.

on the other hand, most welfare recipients are single white mothers, so you might want to add that to your calculation.

i'm all for using federal dollars for job training and day care and education for single moms so they can be productive. but that's another subject.

thing is, i'm not sure why we pussy foot around this issue. abortion is legal. i don't think we should be pandering to religious zealots who want to interfere with women's exercise of that right by any means.

Killing a baby is most often out of convenience. It's very rarely about medical emergency. I just don't understand the mentality that demands Taxpayers pay for killing millions of babies for mere convenience. Kill your baby on your own time and with your own money. Abortion advocates are just wrong. You don't have the right to steal money from fellow Citizens so you can kill your baby out of convenience. That just isn't right. Planned Parenthood is just a front for Abortion Mills all across this Nation. It's time for Abortion activists to just admit this and stop demanding Tax Dollars. Anyone with common sense knows what Planned Parenthood is all about. Time to end their Tax-Funding.

sorry

any federal funds are segregated from abortions. 2% of planned parenthood's expenses are abortion-related.

{snip}

That is such hogwash Jillian and you being a smart woman know it.

First, you know full well that medicaid dollars are in fact used to fund abortion.

Second, you also know that the more dollars PP receives from anywhere means more dollars that they can allocate to abortion services and promotion.

Immie

sorry

that said, i'll take as true that planned parenthood is largely in minority neighborhoods because that's where women's health care is most needed. if i need birth control or a mammogram or exam, i go to my own doctor. i don't need planned parenthood for that.

on the other hand, most welfare recipients are single white mothers, so you might want to add that to your calculation.

i'm all for using federal dollars for job training and day care and education for single moms so they can be productive. but that's another subject.

thing is, i'm not sure why we pussy foot around this issue. abortion is legal. i don't think we should be pandering to religious zealots who want to interfere with women's exercise of that right by any means.

You can't truly segregate Federal funds from abortion when they are sent to a private company. And most welfare recipients are not single white mothers. It's a virtual statistical "dead heat" with blacks, even though only 1 in 5 of Americans are black. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that the reason why approximately 80% of PP clinics are in minority neighborhoods is to keep the minority population down. And low and behold, that has worked! Well over 50% of the abortions in this country are of minorities. I'm sure Margaret Sanger would be very happy with that.

sorry

facts confuse him.

there's a lot of that going around

irony6.jpg

While I agree with some people on here about "we the people" fund a lot of things we don't individually agree with, that's not relevant on funding abortion. It is against US law to fund abortion so funds should not legally be going to PP in its' current structure. Similar accounting games were also played by the US Chamber of Commerce concerning foreign money for US elections recently. We need to be honest about what is legally required and hold EVERYONE accountable to the nations laws.

I am not against allowing PP to offer abortion services but to say funding an organization that provides abortions, no matter how few, is not funding abortion and breaking the law, is disingenuous. I strongly believe whenever people take a simple concept and try to complicate it, they are trying to pull a fast one. No federal funding for abortions and no foreign money in US elections seem like simple concepts that people try to complicate with accounting tricks and tricky legal jargon. If a company that cures cancer, brings peace to the middle east and invents a once a year male birth control pill, also provides abortion services, that company should not be receiving federal funding according to the law as I understand it.

This is what I mean by having a honest debate about how "we the people" use tax money. This debate on PP should not be about defunding it and putting that money towards the US debt but how we can use those same funds and still provide those non abortion services to those US citizens PP was helping without using PP, at least as long as they continue to provide abortions. Either that or people need to organize to change the federal law on abortion funding. Until then, the law is pretty clear, imo.

According to libs, the government also doesn't fund "war". We only fund bases, planes, tanks, guns, ships, troops, bullets, training, rockets, bombs, uniforms, meals, medical aid, and supplies.

But we don't fund "war". Just like we don't fund "abortion", only the organization that helps enable it.

sorry

:clap2:

A little education prior to pregnancy would probably be a good thing, too - but I like the way you're thinkin'!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back