ABC News: Bias in the Election Coverage

Are you saying the media is antiwar in that sense? Anti "war on mccain?"

The media being liberal and all.

:D

To be honest I'm only really commenting on the current Presidential campaign. Perhaps you might want to start another thread regarding the media and war.

Sorry, I see "liberal media" come up again and again, like the messiah stuff, and it irritates hell out of me that the far right make these unsubstantiated comments. The far left do taht sort of stuff too, but they're idiots. I like to think the right isn't, but there you go. I guess they are.

As far as the election, I have always thought the press is favorable to Obama because he is generally pleasant and not divisive.

Hillary was all about her and her fight and her passion, and how biased the media is, Obama was always about all americans, trying to get past division, and that includes newspeople.

McCain typically does not carry a chip on his shoulder, but once palin started in on the "liberal media" of course they were gonna act like human beings and take offense.

If politicians want the media to be pleasant, they should start by being pleasant to the media. This is not rocket science. There is no 'liberal bias' in the media at least good media, good journalists never let you know their bias. There are human beings in the media, and the pen is mightier than the sword, so why not work with them instead of against them.

Last edited:
I find it funny that McCain supporters want to suddenly complain about media coverage. I seem to recall the media completely ignoring Ron Paul during the primary season, even when he was the only Republican left opposing McCain. I'm sorry, but what goes around comes around.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it appears to me that Ron Paul never had a chance. It's almost as if McCain was chosen to run for President on the Republican ticket long before the primaries. It certainly appears that Paul had overwhelming support, but it was quickly squashed.

Sorry, I see "liberal media" come up again and again, like the messiah stuff, and it irritates hell out of me that the far right make these unsubstantiated comments. The far left do taht sort of stuff too, but they're idiots. I like to think the right isn't, but there you go. I guess they are.

Perhaps a recent Pew Research survey on media bias would be
of interest to you. Link here

Perhaps a recent Pew Research survey on media bias would be
of interest to you. Link here

That supports my position.

The press became markedly negative to McCain concidentally with Palin's apeparance. Palin who makes comments about the liberal media, etc.

In the six weeks following the conventions through the final debate, unfavorable stories about McCain outweighed favorable ones by a factor of more than three-to-one -- the most unfavorable of all four candidates -- according to the study by the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but it appears to me that Ron Paul never had a chance. It's almost as if McCain was chosen to run for President on the Republican ticket long before the primaries. It certainly appears that Paul had overwhelming support, but it was quickly squashed.

All I know is that if the media was forced to acknowledge Ron Paul at all, it was always condescending. He was a fringe candidate, or a kook. The newscaster would always say or do something to diminish his credibility. Your average voter is going to see that and not even bother looking into a "kook." They even kept Paul out of one of the Republican debates for crying out loud.

As far as I'm concerned, John McCain should be thanking God he's not getting the Ron Paul treatment.

The Federal reserve act that started taxing income and gave our finances to the three riches men, jp morgan, rockafellor and carnege via corrupt politicians in 1913. utube freedom to fascism.

Any politician that admits this is dealt with. Last one was kennedy.

So obama and the democrats will have to deal with the devils that literally own our countries wealth. The government will still be 40 republican. Plus, a lot of democrats are in bed with their own devils. Those are the other rich people that run our country. Lol

The clintons and soros and buffets.

Our devils are much better running this country and they are the younger millionares, not the old billionares.

That supports my position.

The press became markedly negative to McCain concidentally with Palin's apeparance. Palin who makes comments about the liberal media, etc.

That's because the press doesn't like to be fooled (they thought he'd pick Romey or one of the other obvious choices) and they wanted McCain to be "good loser". Palin totally revived McCain's campaign.

"sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign," which he finds "not just bewildering, but appalling."

Bias? Media bias? Say it ain't so!

Bewildering?

What fucking bubble does this dimwit live in?

Maybe it's just me, but McCain/Palin blunders just seemed a lot more entertaining to know more about. Maybe I"m biased and the 'liberal' media played to my interests, or the 'liberal' media biased made me more interested.

Was the liberal media in charge of print, in the runup to the Iraq war?

Yeah, exactly.

That nasty liberal media which happens to be owned by the wealthiest people on the planet.

We all know how liberal they are, eh?

Forum List

Back