ABC News: Bias in the Election Coverage

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
ABCNews.com columnist Michael Malone today takes a look at the "sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign," which he finds "not just bewildering, but appalling."

Malone writes that "Republicans are justifiably foaming at the mouth over the sheer one-sidedness of the press coverage of the two candidates and their running mates. But in the last few days, even Democrats, who have been gloating over the pass -- no, make that shameless support -- they've gotten from the press, are starting to get uncomfortable as they realize that no one wins in the long run when we don't have a free and fair press."

Full story here

Paperboy's reporting on liberal bias in the media.

In other news, a caveman formed the wheel today. When asked about his invention and how it would help men all over the world, the caveman replied "Ugh, nugh, ugh, nugh!!!"

The "Liberal" media is a term the Conservative media has been complaining about for ages.

ABCNews.com columnist Michael Malone today takes a look at the "sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign," which he finds "not just bewildering, but appalling."

Malone writes that "Republicans are justifiably foaming at the mouth over the sheer one-sidedness of the press coverage of the two candidates and their running mates. But in the last few days, even Democrats, who have been gloating over the pass -- no, make that shameless support -- they've gotten from the press, are starting to get uncomfortable as they realize that no one wins in the long run when we don't have a free and fair press."

Full story here

Was the liberal media in charge of print, in the runup to the Iraq war?

Paperboy's reporting on liberal bias in the media.

In other news, a caveman formed the wheel today. When asked about his invention and how it would help men all over the world, the caveman replied "Ugh, nugh, ugh, nugh!!!"

The "Liberal" media is a term the Conservative media has been complaining about for ages.

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what ABC news said, not me.

Don't shoot the messenger. This is what ABC news said, not me.

All I know is abc has less credibility with me since they got a story wrong and they were asked who gave them their information and abc wouldn't give up the sources or even retract their story until after the white house admitted it was bs.

Its supposed to work the other way around.

So either show me abc is owned by a liberal like fox is owned by a rupert murdoc, or give some proof.

I just know abc isn't a liberal station. Maybe independent, maybe conservative, but certainly not liberal. Unless liberal means factual?

Full story here

This is nothing new. The liberal bias in the media is well-documented. Fortunately for the Left, Obama and the Democratically-controlled Congress will most likely pass the Fairness Doctrine to eliminate anyone on the Right to exercise their 1st Amendment rights.

All I know is abc has less credibility with me since they got a story wrong and they were asked who gave them their information and abc wouldn't give up the sources or even retract their story until after the white house admitted it was bs.

Its supposed to work the other way around.

So either show me abc is owned by a liberal like fox is owned by a rupert murdoc, or give some proof.

I just know abc isn't a liberal station. Maybe independent, maybe conservative, but certainly not liberal. Unless liberal means factual?

Yes, I'm sure those great icons of conservatism, George Stephanopoulos and Charlie Gibson, would agree. :cuckoo:

Was the liberal bias evident in the spring of 2003?

It's always there. Liberals were in a bit of a quandary around that time because the Democrats in Congress didn't want to look weak on national security. It's sad that they lowered their guard for people like Hillary Clinton. I guess even they can be bought at the right price.

I find it funny that McCain supporters want to suddenly complain about media coverage. I seem to recall the media completely ignoring Ron Paul during the primary season, even when he was the only Republican left opposing McCain. I'm sorry, but what goes around comes around.

I did today and they absolutely beat a McCain spokesperson into a pulp.

Can someone tell me when campaigns hired spokespeople for them? The spokespersons on both sides are empty idiots. Tucker Bounds is the biggest idiot of them all. Why can't campaigns talk for themselves?

It's always there. Liberals were in a bit of a quandary around that time because the Democrats in Congress didn't want to look weak on national security. It's sad that they lowered their guard for people like Hillary Clinton. I guess even they can be bought at the right price.

So, having the media be vocally anti-war would be bad for democrats in the congress.... how????

Are you saying the media is antiwar in that sense? Anti "war on mccain?"

The media being liberal and all.

:D

Forum List

Back