AAAARGH...another stupid jury decision

Whats next? An alcoholic suing Aneheiser Busch for decreased liver function? Puhleez
Why not? Victims families sue gun maufacturers for some reason. But why stop there? Why not sue auto makers also? They say that by altering a firearm you can make it automatic. By putting a 5.0L in my truck or car is altering it also. Shit i got a nasty infection from a ginsu a coupel months ago (OK i admit it, i deserved it for buying them). But this is America, where lawsuits fall like rain though.

Prepare to be surprised...although I'm a Democrat, I think these lawsuits against tobacco companies are absolutely ludicrous. It's been widely known since the 1950s that tobacco use was bad for you. There have been labels to this effect on cigarettes since the late 1960s. For these people to claim that they somehow didn't know that cigarettes were bad for them is ridiculous.

I am sorry people who smoked for years got lung cancer, but if you choose to smoke, you must deal with the consequences.

I have for years chosen to eat a poor diet. I am fat. I am not about to sue McDonald's or Pizza Hut though. I chose to eat the food knowing it was bad for me. The only way such suits have merit is if the tobacco company stated that cigarettes are good for you. No one has yet accused them of doing that, they are being accused of not telling people cigarettes are a health hazard.

I agree, sometime soon Anheuiser-Busch, or Miller, or some brewery will be sued for causing alcoholism. People are already trying to sue McDonald's for making them fat. I break with my party on many of these issues. People must take responsibility for the choices they make, be it to smoke cigarettes or to eat a Big Mac. My grandfather died of lung cancer 15 years ago, and he never once blamed anyone else for his condition. He smoked for most of his life, and he always took responsibility. Anyone who continued to smoke after the labels were put on the cigarettes knew of the dangers and made a choice. Unfortunately, many are now paying for that choice.

Originally posted by acludem
Prepare to be surprised...although I'm a Democrat, I think these lawsuits against tobacco companies are absolutely ludicrous. I break with my party on many of these issues. People must take responsibility for the choices they make, be it to smoke cigarettes or to eat a Big Mac.
Thank you for your reasonable approach!

Forum List

Back