Foxes,Bambi,Rabbits Etc

G

Graeme Kessey

Come to Outback Australia and see the damage foxes,rabbits,deer,feral cats do to our native flora and fauna. Down Under rabbits are used to make Akubra Hats,feral cats kill anything they can catch, what would P.E.T.A. and janeeng do with these pests?

Believe me Janeeng is no extremist, just a person the a very kind heart and soul. I'm sure if there was a good reason, such as overpopulation, she would see your point. Don't be too quick to judge people, you might be suprised!:)

I'll just jump in here real quick.

I completely agree with Janeen regarding hunting. I'm from Pennsylvania, we have a SERIOUS deer problem here. There are limits on the amount of doe/buck each hunter can get, etc. I think you should not be allowed to hunt if you do not use the meat.

BUT... in a case such as Australia, that is a completely different side. Not many places over here are as overpopulated as that. In extreme cases such as that, yes, hunting would decrease the overpopulation. I certainly get sick of hitting deer with my car, especially during rut season. Please understand that it's not ignorance on our part towards Australia, overpopulation of animals in Australia is something we dont hear about here in the US. When we make decisions regarding our position on hunting, we make those decisions based on what we have to deal with here, not what you have to deal with there.

and BTW... welcome to the Board!!

I can make the same argument for half of the Harlem and Bronx residents here in NY! Should we off them to solve our problems? :D

Forum List

Back