A Year in the Ohio River Valley - Hard Times in Trump Country

Windparadox

Gold Member
May 3, 2017
Northern WI.
`
“They should take his phone away from him,” she says. “He posts stupid shit all the time.” In a series of interviews that stretched over a year, Stewart was ambivalent when pressed about the president’s accomplishments or any promises he might have kept. “I don’t really pay attention,” she says. “I don’t have time to give a shit.”

Since Trump astonished himself and the world on election night last year, observers have scrambled to figure out people like Stewart, Middle America’s “white working class.” Why did they vote as they did? And were they going to do it again?

....."My whole family, they were always diehard Democrats, except for this year, a lot of my family voted Trump.”
- Source
`
`
This article takes place in the Ohio Valley, situated in West Virginia. It chronicles the thoughts and feelings of one family, whose lives have been impacted by the trump administration, one way or another. Its a good, albeit, lengthy read but points out why some people voted for trump and why they will never do so again.
`

`
“They should take his phone away from him,” she says. “He posts stupid shit all the time.” In a series of interviews that stretched over a year, Stewart was ambivalent when pressed about the president’s accomplishments or any promises he might have kept. “I don’t really pay attention,” she says. “I don’t have time to give a shit.”

Since Trump astonished himself and the world on election night last year, observers have scrambled to figure out people like Stewart, Middle America’s “white working class.” Why did they vote as they did? And were they going to do it again?

....."My whole family, they were always diehard Democrats, except for this year, a lot of my family voted Trump.”
- Source
`
`
This article takes place in the Ohio Valley, situated in West Virginia. It chronicles the thoughts and feelings of one family, whose lives have been impacted by the trump administration, one way or another. Its a good, albeit, lengthy read but points out why some people voted for trump and why they will never do so again.
`

"This article takes place in the Ohio Valley, situated in West Virginia."

Stop! Stop right there. :eusa_hand:

iu

rofl.gif

Last edited:
`

- Source
`
`
`

iu

rofl.gif
What is your point?

`

- Source
`
`
`

iu

rofl.gif
What is your point?

I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me in violation of the "no family" rule. :eusa_snooty:

`
Gawd are you stupid. Read what the article says. Technically it's called the mid-ohio valley but the locals in Mason County just call it the "Ohio Valley." You'd need to know how to READ first.

Even funnier! :badgrin:
`
Considering you just made a fool out of yourself, which seems to be your natural talent, I'll accept that. Now, READ the article or have a 5th grader do it for you.

I read it 20 minutes ago. :blahblah:It delivers! :badgrin:

Here's a hint, GF: Trump Country is your neck of the woods, too.

Is that supposed to be some kind of journalism? :cuckoo:

That's it, time to implement a foreign journalist-exchange program with Mexico.

Last edited:
Left Wing Psychosis: Telling millions of Voters that they are inferior people and then complaining that they won't vote Democrat

Left Wing Psychosis: Telling millions of Voters that they are inferior people and then complaining that they won't vote Democrat
`
You are correct. Many democrats voted for trump because of Hillary. Her elitism was a major factor. The article brought that up, among other reasons.

`
You are correct. Many democrats voted for trump because of Hillary. Her elitism was a major factor. The article brought that up, among other reasons.

The Pubs started a Stop Hillary Pac in 2013, I think that may of had something to do with it, and now they are suing her, and I suspect she will countersue.

As far as the people go in this article, they probably qualified for the expanded Medicaid if the state expanded it, I mean you have to make more than min wage to get on the ACA.

I guess it appears that they gave up, I mean they obviously drink a lot and smoke (which costs lots of money).

I guess they should of know the coal was not going to come back.

I guess what did they think Trump was going to do for them? Bring coal back?

The Pubs started a Stop Hillary Pac in 2013, I think that may of had something to do with it, and now they are suing her, and I suspect she will countersue.As far as the people go in this article, they probably qualified for the expanded Medicaid if the state expanded it, I mean you have to make more than min wage to get on the ACA.I guess it appears that they gave up, I mean they obviously drink a lot and smoke (which costs lots of money).I guess they should of know the coal was not going to come back.I guess what did they think Trump was going to do for them? Bring coal back?
`
`

One of the first things the democrats lost under Hillary was "human compassion."

I've spent almost my whole life in the Ohio River Valley and many of the complaints from Mason County are the same being made here in Western Pennsylvania as well. Sadly, far too many people in my region fall for the promises of politicians that they will bring back coal, steel, and, heavy manufacturing. I've been hearing these promises since I was kid and very little of those jobs have returned back to the region. Economic success stories in the Rust Belt are few and far between.

Even funnier! :badgrin:
`
Considering you just made a fool out of yourself, which seems to be your natural talent, I'll accept that. Now, READ the article or have a 5th grader do it for you.
Why would we want to read more regressive cry baby media fed bullshit? It's all you robots ever post. Somebody somewhere said something...blah blah blah...who cares? I'm sure you can find lots of unhappy people who want free stuff in all 57 states.

I've spent almost my whole life in the Ohio River Valley and many of the complaints from Mason County are the same being made here in Western Pennsylvania as well. Sadly, far too many people in my region fall for the promises of politicians that they will bring back coal, steel, and, heavy manufacturing. I've been hearing these promises since I was kid and very little of those jobs have returned back to the region. Economic success stories in the Rust Belt are few and far between.
Steel could actullay be brought back with investment of better ISO 3000 machines and some other infrastructure. Coal is toast not much you can do there!

`
Most Democrats are far worse than even Hillary.

Forum List

Back