CDZ A Word About "Mods".

Mods should not be allowed to interact. It's a conflict of interest. If they want to engage in debates they should resign as a mod.

What would be the point of being a moderator here if we couldn't "interact"? Who would do that?

You know we're not paid, right?
You know what I'm talking about. Interacting as in engaging in debates. Obviously you have to interact from time to time relating to the board.

I understand what you're saying. I'm asking why anyone would be a mod if it meant that they were no longer allowed to enjoy the site.

Mods should not be allowed to interact. It's a conflict of interest. If they want to engage in debates they should resign as a mod.

What would be the point of being a moderator here if we couldn't "interact"? Who would do that?

WUT? Don't you get pixel fuzzies and extra trophies?
C_K told me the Mod lounge was filled with food and drink PLUS the Christmas/Holiday/Winter Solstice/ ________(fill in the blank) is when y'all get your bonus checks!!

Every other site I'm familar with has mods use a regular user account to reduce these conflicts of interest. Can't be participating like one of the guys and be expected to apply the rules impartially. When you're on your mod account/ID you have the whole 'in uniform with a gun' thing going on and it makes for a different experience. I liken it to going to a strip club with your friends while still wearing a cop uniform. It just doesn't work. :)

lets me think..is that sadist alan1 still a mod and how many times has he been a mod.....or changed his name.....
the admins have an odd sense of humor when it comes to mods....

lets me think..is that sadist alan1 still a mod and how many times has he been a mod.....or changed his name.....
the admins have an odd sense of humor when it comes to mods....

You know bonez, I as thinking about that the other day. Seems as if he got re-modded, then stopped posting.

I'm sure the mods appreciate the OP. It isn't often that they get a nice relaxing massage from an expert message board consultant. It's free advice that they'd be crazy to pass up. Dark Fury knows how boards work and he's determined to make this one much better than it is.

So.....come on guys! Let's all try harder to make our mods feel welcome by rating their posts. This is important stuff. Rating posts is the life blood of a good forum. It's the only reason we post, after all. Being judged as funny or thanked by a guy like DF.......it's nirvana.

You know what I'm talking about. Interacting as in engaging in debates. Obviously you have to interact from time to time relating to the board.
They have opinions too.
None of them are so thinskinned that you have to walk on eggshells around them

The mods here are among the best of any forums I currently visit or have visited in the past. We need to thank them more for their efforts.

The mods here are among the best of any forums I currently visit or have visited in the past. We need to thank them more for their efforts.
I give the credit for that to the administrator because he/she sets the rules. Not all mods are the same.

I understand what you're saying. I'm asking why anyone would be a mod if it meant that they were no longer allowed to enjoy the site.
I had my own site for a while and I stayed away from debates because I noticed people were reluctant to argue with me and often left the thread if I engaged in the debate. I didn't think it was good for the site.

WUT? Don't you get pixel fuzzies and extra trophies?
C_K told me the Mod lounge was filled with food and drink PLUS the Christmas/Holiday/Winter Solstice/ ________(fill in the blank) is when y'all get your bonus checks!!

Someone keeps pissing in the beer and the lounge needs new carpeting...

I had my own site for a while and I stayed away from debates because I noticed people were reluctant to argue with me and often left the thread if I engaged in the debate. I didn't think it was good for the site.

Here's the thing - this isn't my site. Like all the other mods here, I'm a volunteer - and the only reason I agreed to be a mod here is because I enjoy the site. If I wasn't allowed to enjoy the site, why would I waste my time moderating it?

That is the exact issue I am talking about. MY "Bosses" aka admins and "Under Bosses" aka mods now run two accounts one as a poster and the other in their position.

And it improved things a lot.

Here's the thing - this isn't my site. Like all the other mods here, I'm a volunteer - and the only reason I agreed to be a mod here is because I enjoy the site. If I wasn't allowed to enjoy the site, why would I waste my time moderating it?
If you were paid, but not allowed to post, would you do it?

Do you feel your interaction is better or worse for it? Because if you feel its less then that backs my OP.

Mods volunteer because they have no life and need validation.

Qualifications = always being available ( again due to having no life). That's it.

Forum List

Back