a way to show how political walkers proposal is

there is a long line of conservative douchebags in front on me...

Trust me on this, you are surpassing all of the douchebags on both sides. You are definitely into the lower than whale shit category.

like I give a damn what a hotshot in an internet message board calls me.. your user is ID is windbag.. I think its appropriate

Yet you keep replying to me. As for my name, thank you, that is why I chose it.

flip it around.. and guess what the GOP reaction would be.
imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

guess what the gop reaction would be

Just to make it a bit more realistic, exempt the corporations that supported you during the campaign ala Walker exempting the unions that supported him.

imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

Just to make it a bit more realistic, exempt the corporations that supported you during the campaign ala Walker exempting the unions that supported him.

But putting aside the spin....

He is exempting all unions but those that represent state workers.

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong?

In other words, the budget is only going after things that are actually the responsibility of the state? He should be fired for not exceeding his authority.

Am I wrong?

In other words, the budget is only going after things that are actually the responsibility of the state? He should be fired for not exceeding his authority.

Exactly my point.
But it is being spun that he is not looking to take away the same from workers that he does not employ

Perfect. Justify a movement to force the state to do something against the will of the people by pretending the other side would do the EXACT SAME THING.

Typical democratic posturing.

Provide evidence of it and then compare it. Otherwise, fuck off.

Didn't the GOP in congress have the filibuster to rely on?? Since you are comparing state to fed is there a similar option available to those in the wisconsin state legislature

In a word, yes. And when it failed the Democrats ran, and the Republicans stayed and voted.

OK, that was more than a word.

What?? So are you trying to claim that dems ran from congess becuase republicans filibustered?? In case you msised it there are two different topics one was stated and the other was fed. I asked a simple question and apaprently you lack the ability to answer it.

The Associated Press: Wisconsin gov. pranked by caller posing as donor

and yet the right opposed obama at every turn despite how he won and tried to do what he campaign on. Funny how reality kicks you in the teeth.

Ain't it though? What did Obama say when finally sat down and actually listened to the Republicans?

They won.

Are you really this dumb or do you play this dumb becuase you think it benefits you?? The basic argument is that the republicans won and therefore the dems in wisconsin should give the republcians whatever they republicans want because "the people have spoken". Then I pointed out how the republcians lost in 08 and despite that fact they didn't do what they are now claiming that the dems should do.

Huh?? It would be one thing IF walker was proposing to strip ALL unions of their collective bargaining rights but he is choosing to only go after those that tend to support democratic candidates. That proves that this is purely political and the budget is just a means to an end.

Maybe the other unions are not as pathetic as the teachers union. Maybe he thinks that police and firemen deserve a better deal. What the fuck do you care, if you don't like them getting special treatment you can go out an elect someone who will pay them minimum wage and deny them any benefits.

It's funny how the anti government right is siding with the government over the workers on this issue. So are you actually trying to say that teachers and nurses don't deserve the same treatement as firefighters and police? Are they somehow considered second class citizens??

Am I wrong?

Yes you are WRONG. Firefighter and police unions represent state workers but they are exempted.
So much for putting the spin aside, it looks like you put it front and center.

Didn't the GOP in congress have the filibuster to rely on?? Since you are comparing state to fed is there a similar option available to those in the wisconsin state legislature

In a word, yes. And when it failed the Democrats ran, and the Republicans stayed and voted.

What?? So are you trying to claim that dems ran from congess becuase republicans filibustered?? In case you msised it there are two different topics one was stated and the other was fed. I asked a simple question and apaprently you lack the ability to answer it.

Are you really this dumb or do you play this dumb becuase you think it benefits you?? The basic argument is that the republicans won and therefore the dems in wisconsin should give the republcians whatever they republicans want because "the people have spoken". Then I pointed out how the republcians lost in 08 and despite that fact they didn't do what they are now claiming that the dems should do.

Huh?? It would be one thing IF walker was proposing to strip ALL unions of their collective bargaining rights but he is choosing to only go after those that tend to support democratic candidates. That proves that this is purely political and the budget is just a means to an end.

Maybe the other unions are not as pathetic as the teachers union. Maybe he thinks that police and firemen deserve a better deal. What the fuck do you care, if you don't like them getting special treatment you can go out an elect someone who will pay them minimum wage and deny them any benefits.

It's funny how the anti government right is siding with the government over the workers on this issue. So are you actually trying to say that teachers and nurses don't deserve the same treatement as firefighters and police? Are they somehow considered second class citizens??

Well you would think that way given your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of what the right is about.

The right is not anti-government. The right is for small government and less spending, and personal accountability, of course.

The budget is blasted. WI has a HUGE shortfall, and the governor was elected on the platform that he would address it. He's addressing it, and the people are supportive of it..which is why the unions have to bring in people from outside the state (and bribe them to come). They don't have enough support in the state to make any sort of showing.

If teachers and nurses should receive the same treatment, let's start with the treatment that precludes them from LEAVING THEIR POSTS.

Am I wrong?

Exactly my point.
But it is being spun that he is not looking to take away the same from workers that he does not employ

and you are exactly WRONG. He exempted firefighters and police unions and that is the comparison being made. State worker to state worker. So I thought you were going to put the spin aside?? LOL

Well you would think that way given your misunderstanding and misrepresentation of what the right is about.

The right is not anti-government. The right is for small government and less spending, and personal accountability, of course.

What could be more big government that having the government selectively strip state workers unions of their collective bargaining rights when they are more than willing to compromise?? Don't even bother with the personal accountability BS. several right wingers on this board proved that wrong in a thread last week where they tried to blame clitnon and democrats for W's choice to invade iraq.

The budget is blasted. WI has a HUGE shortfall,

really?? got proof?? according to what I read they had a small surplus but did have a few expendatures (money they owed a retirement account that the a previous governor tapped into and money they owed another state of some canceled tax deal between the two state) coming in later on that were finite and would eventually need to be paid off. SO what are you talking about?

and the governor was elected on the platform that he would address it. ,

He was elected to strip unions of their collective bargaining rights?? Really?? When did he make that part of his campaign?? got proof??

He's addressing it

how does going after the uinions when they have aggreed to the monetary concessions that teh governor asked for addressing the budget issue?

and the people are supportive of it..

according to whom or what?? got proof??

which is why the unions have to bring in people from outside the state (and bribe them to come). They don't have enough support in the state to make any sort of showing.

again, according to whom and what?? I know the governor likes to make this claim even as he thought about planting people into the protestors but what proof do you have that the protestors are coming from out of state??

If teachers and nurses should receive the same treatment, let's start with the treatment that precludes them from LEAVING THEIR POSTS.

HUH?? what is this nonsensical babble supposed to mean??

Like how obama exempted the unions from obamacare?

Forum List

Back