a way to show how political walkers proposal is

rdking647

VIP Member
Mar 10, 2009
austin tx
flip it around.. and guess what the GOP reaction would be.
imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

guess what the gop reaction would be

imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

I have no idea how the GOP would react, but I can say with certainty that you are going to be in a race to the bottom of the barrel of idiot posters on USMB if you keep going like this.

How do you know how the GOP would react?

Did the GOP run for the hills when healthcare was to be voted on?

Did they reun for the hills when the stimulus would be voted on?

And besides.....the Governor is doing exactly what he said he would do if he were elected. No surprises here whatseover...

And if DEM governor won with the platform as you desccribed above, then I would not see a reason to complain...the poeple have spoken.

You do realize, of course, what is going on here....it was like proposition 8 in California...

The elections were fine with everyone...until one side lost in the elction....then those people did not want to go along with the results of the election.....

I would call out sick then demand that you pay for my time off.

then I would take the mic and demand that there be blood in the streets.

sadly, that would be healine news and I would be denounced as a criminal.

unlike now.

I would call out sick then demand that you pay for my time off.

then I would take the mic and demand that there be blood in the streets.

sadly, that would be healine news and I would be denounced as a criminal.

unlike now.

wait...

I would call in sick and then add to my lie by presenting a phony doctors note confirming I was sick so I can get paid for my time off at the cost of the taxpayer that I so dearly despise

He asked the reader to guess what it would be.

Did the GOP run for the hills when healthcare was to be voted on?

Did they reun for the hills when the stimulus would be voted on?

Didn't the GOP in congress have the filibuster to rely on?? Since you are comparing state to fed is there a similar option available to those in the wisconsin state legislature

And besides.....the Governor is doing exactly what he said he would do if he were elected. No surprises here whatseover...

I know that is what he and many on the right are saying but can you quote and cite a specific speech in which walker made exactly what is in the bill part of his campaign promises??

And if DEM governor won with the platform as you desccribed above, then I would not see a reason to complain...the poeple have spoken.

and yet the right opposed obama at every turn despite how he won and tried to do what he campaign on. Funny how reality kicks you in the teeth.

You do realize, of course, what is going on here....it was like proposition 8 in California...

The elections were fine with everyone...until one side lost in the elction....then those people did not want to go along with the results of the election.....

Huh?? It would be one thing IF walker was proposing to strip ALL unions of their collective bargaining rights but he is choosing to only go after those that tend to support democratic candidates. That proves that this is purely political and the budget is just a means to an end.

American politics in one sentence. :lol:

I find it sad that you took it as him really asking the reader that as opposed to implying something else. Your reading comprehension skills are quite lacking.

Didn't the GOP in congress have the filibuster to rely on?? Since you are comparing state to fed is there a similar option available to those in the wisconsin state legislature

Certainly not taking a bus ride out of state and yet still expecting the tacpayer to pay your salary

I know that is what he and many on the right are saying but can you quote and cite a specific speech in which walker made exactly what is in the bill part of his campaign promises??

I am sure you can find it if you are anxious to refute it. Try google.

and yet the right opposed obama at every turn despite how he won and tried to do what he campaign on. Funny how reality kicks you in the teeth.

Excuse me? The GOP debated as was their job to do. You did not see people taking off from their jobs to argue legislation regarding their jobs.

Huh?? It would be one thing IF walker was proposing to strip ALL unions of their collective bargaining rights but he is choosing to only go after those that tend to support democratic candidates. That proves that this is purely political and the budget is just a means to an end.

Wrong. He is going after the unions that represent state employees seeing as he is in charge of balancing the state budget...which is way out of balance. You opt to ignore that and regurgitate what the left is saying by claiming he is only going after democratic supporting unions. In other words...you are falling for their hate rhetoric

You are out of your league with me Smith.
I have told you that numerous times.
I state fact...you regurgitate rhetoric.

Flip it? The people in Wisconsin lived with the flip side of politics too long. That's why they elected republicans.

We should just vote on every issue all the time. Just like Amercian Idol. Problem solved. Text your vote.

Ideally the GOP would be fighting against your efforts to destroy business and jobs in your state.

But then half the time the GOP is just as bad as the Democrats.

I have no idea how the GOP would react, but I can say with certainty that you are going to be in a race to the bottom of the barrel of idiot posters on USMB if you keep going like this.

there is a long line of conservative douchebags in front on me...

I find it sad that you took it as him really asking the reader that as opposed to implying something else. Your reading comprehension skills are quite lacking.

I find it sad that you go after another poster as you accuse him of assuming what the GOP would doeven as you make an assumption as to what you think rdking was going to say. LOL Fact is that rdking did NOT say what the GOP would do, he asked a question and you responded by asking him how he would know what the GOP would do when he made no such argument.

Certainly not taking a bus ride out of state and yet still expecting the tacpayer to pay your salary

Can you actually answer the question or is avoidance all that you have to offer? They sought to delay the passage if the legislation until everyone actually knew what was in it and as far as I know that was their only choice. Did they have another option or should they just lay down and play dead as the legislation gets rammed through without debate?

I am sure you can find it if you are anxious to refute it. Try google.

It's your claim, PROVE IT. Based on your avoidance my guess is that you can't prove it. Is that why you are trying to make me do YOUR homework??

Excuse me? The GOP debated as was their job to do. You did not see people taking off from their jobs to argue legislation regarding their jobs.

Uh your side step doesn't change the FACT that obama campaigned on HC and won so there were no surprises and yet he was met with obstruction from the right. Why make comments in response to my comments that don't actually address what I said??

Wrong. He is going after the unions that represent state employees seeing as he is in charge of balancing the state budget...which is way out of balance. You opt to ignore that and regurgitate what the left is saying by claiming he is only going after democratic supporting unions. In other words...you are falling for their hate rhetoric

Uh in case you missed it, walker excluded firefighter and police unions from his bill and guess which party they support most of the time?? Furthermore, the unions are willing to give walker the budget concessions he asked for. He can fix a minor part of the problem through compromise but he refuses to compromise. BTW can you show how "way out of balance" the wisconsin budget is because according to something I read they are actually expected to have a minor surplus this year.

You are out of your league with me Smith.
I have told you that numerous times.
I state fact...you regurgitate rhetoric.

And yet you got thoroughly owned. LOL what facts did you state??

You went after another poster for making assumptions as you made an assumption about him.

You made a claim about what walker campaigned on and then ran away when asked to prove your claim. How is that stating fact??

You pretend that walker is going after unions that represent state employees and yet he excluded two of the primary state employee unions.

You posted a response to a statement but didn't actually address what was said in that statement.

You throw in rhetoric as you try to compare this situation to the vote on prop 8 when you failed to show how walker is doing EXACTLY what he campaigned on.

Those examples show that your post seems more along the lines of regurgitating rhetoric. So where ar the facts that you claimed to present? LOL

um, there is no filibuster in the House of Reps

You just ruined a sexual moment for him.

Funny how this is all that you a left with after your arguments are questioned and you don't have any answers.

The statement was about the GOP as a whole and did not specifically apply only to the GOP in the house. Please learn to read and you will probably save yourself some embarassment in the future.

What was that you said previously about rhetoric and how you state facts?? Thanks for showing that rhetoric is all that you have to offer.

In a word, yes. And when it failed the Democrats ran, and the Republicans stayed and voted.

OK, that was more than a word.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...ipgQ_w?docId=9ae777ddbe664ebeb8b789659ce2e02e

Ain't it though? What did Obama say when finally sat down and actually listened to the Republicans?

They won.

Maybe the other unions are not as pathetic as the teachers union. Maybe he thinks that police and firemen deserve a better deal. What the fuck do you care, if you don't like them getting special treatment you can go out an elect someone who will pay them minimum wage and deny them any benefits.

Last edited:

Trust me on this, you are surpassing all of the douchebags on both sides. You are definitely into the lower than whale shit category.

Fascinating. Too bad it's missing what is popularly known as "a point".

Trust me on this, you are surpassing all of the douchebags on both sides. You are definitely into the lower than whale shit category.

like I give a damn what a hotshot in an internet message board calls me.. your user is ID is windbag.. I think its appropriate

Forum List

Back