a way to show how political walkers proposal is

flip it around.. and guess what the GOP reaction would be.
imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

guess what the gop reaction would be

Just to make it a bit more realistic, exempt the corporations that supported you during the campaign ala Walker exempting the unions that supported him.
I had no idea that the police and fire unions supported Walker.
Exempting police, fire, and state troopers, Governor Walker would end collective bargaining over pensions and benefits for the rest. Collective bargaining for wages would still be permitted, but there would be no wage hikes above the CPI.

News Headlines

imagine if a newly elected Democratic governor and legislature proposed to deal with a budget deficit by first raising unemployment benefits and then pushing through a big corporate tax increase for all but the Democratic-leaning tech sector. For good measure, the package would also contain a ban on corporations making political donations without getting the permission of each shareholder, lest they use their power to repeal the tax increase and push the budget out of balance

Just to make it a bit more realistic, exempt the corporations that supported you during the campaign ala Walker exempting the unions that supported him.
Exempting police, fire, and state troopers, Governor Walker would end collective bargaining over pensions and benefits for the rest. Collective bargaining for wages would still be permitted, but there would be no wage hikes above the CPI.

News Headlines
shhhh, dont go bringing the facts to these idiots, they are unable to grasp the concept

But putting aside the spin....

He is exempting all unions but those that represent state workers.

Am I wrong?

Yes you are WRONG. Firefighter and police unions represent state workers but they are exempted.
So much for putting the spin aside, it looks like you put it front and center.

Um, dude, where I live, firefighters and police are CITY or COUNTY employees, not state. Where are YOU, that they're state employees?

Am I wrong?

Yes you are WRONG. Firefighter and police unions represent state workers but they are exempted.

Um, dude, where I live, firefighters and police are CITY or COUNTY employees, not state. Where are YOU, that they're state employees?
he's an idiot
Police and Fire are either city or county(depends on the area)
sometimes they actually have regional districts, they did in St Charles County MO

What?? So are you trying to claim that dems ran from congess becuase republicans filibustered?? In case you msised it there are two different topics one was stated and the other was fed. I asked a simple question and apaprently you lack the ability to answer it.

How long have you had a problem comprehending English?

Are you really this dumb or do you play this dumb becuase you think it benefits you?? The basic argument is that the republicans won and therefore the dems in wisconsin should give the republcians whatever they republicans want because "the people have spoken". Then I pointed out how the republcians lost in 08 and despite that fact they didn't do what they are now claiming that the dems should do.

No, the basic argument here is that the Democrats are denying the citizens of Wisconsin a government, unlike the Republicans in the Senate who stuck around and voted, keeping the government running, and never denying the citizens of the United States their government.

It's funny how the anti government right is siding with the government over the workers on this issue. So are you actually trying to say that teachers and nurses don't deserve the same treatement as firefighters and police? Are they somehow considered second class citizens??

How do you get that from anything I said? Is there a circuit in your head that causes a break with reality? I would love to see him do this to all unions, just because it pisses people like you off.

Am I wrong?

So are you actually trying to argue that the state doesn't fund fire departments? Don't regulate them?? How limitied do you believe the state's roll is as far as police and fire fighters are concerned? BTW walker exempted state police unions as well what excuse do you have for that??

In case you didn't know it there are are state fire departments and the state does fund fire departments in general.

Wisconsin Department of Commerce: Fire Department Contacts Safety and Buildings Division -

So he could have done similar to fire department and state police unions but chose not to.
Question, does walker's bill exempt fire fighter and police unions from the removal of recieving their dues through payroll??

he's an idiot
sometimes they actually have regional districts, they did in St Charles County MO

It's funny how you can't actually counter anything I say and can only neg rep and attack me personally. LOL

What?? So are you trying to claim that dems ran from congess becuase republicans filibustered?? In case you msised it there are two different topics one was stated and the other was fed. I asked a simple question and apaprently you lack the ability to answer it.

How long have you had a problem comprehending English?

You should ask yourself that question. Some loser compared the congress to the state so I was talking about how republicans in congress had the filibuster to use and then asked if the dems in the state don't have a similar option. Based on how you answered I could only believe that you decided to combine two subjects and try to claim that democrats in WI decided to run after republicans filiustered in congress.

Look at what I said and then look at your response.

Didn't the GOP in congress have the filibuster to rely on?? Since you are comparing state to fed is there a similar option available to those in the wisconsin state legislature

In a word, yes. And when it failed the Democrats ran, and the Republicans stayed and voted.

OK, that was more than a word.

I asked two questions and you blurted out yes followed by meaningless drivel. Which is why I was asking you what you were talking about. So care to explain or is that too much to ask of you?

Are you really this dumb or do you play this dumb becuase you think it benefits you?? The basic argument is that the republicans won and therefore the dems in wisconsin should give the republcians whatever they republicans want because "the people have spoken". Then I pointed out how the republcians lost in 08 and despite that fact they didn't do what they are now claiming that the dems should do.

No, the basic argument here is that the Democrats are denying the citizens of Wisconsin a government, unlike the Republicans in the Senate who stuck around and voted, keeping the government running, and never denying the citizens of the United States their government.

actually if you look back at the comments of the poster i was talking to before you injected yourself into the debate without knowing the topic you can see that he was clearly talking about elections have consequences. Funny how the right didn't seem to believe that when they lost in 08 and still railed against almost everything obama campaigned to do as he tried to follow through with his promises.

And besides.....the Governor is doing exactly what he said he would do if he were elected. No surprises here whatseover...

And if DEM governor won with the platform as you desccribed above, then I would not see a reason to complain...the poeple have spoken.

BTW it's also funny how you fail to acknowledge the fact that i was talking about 08 after obama got elected and was met with obstruction from the right in spite of the fact that "the people had spoken" and you jumped up to 2010. Yet you try to criticize my comprehension?? LOL

It's funny how the anti government right is siding with the government over the workers on this issue. So are you actually trying to say that teachers and nurses don't deserve the same treatement as firefighters and police? Are they somehow considered second class citizens??

How do you get that from anything I said? Is there a circuit in your head that causes a break with reality? I would love to see him do this to all unions, just because it pisses people like you off.

Uh go back and read what you posted about teachers unions and the BS you tried to stick into my mouth about police and firefighters. I ask you questions in the hope that you will better explain the your posts and your only response is to attack and avoid. LOL

Last edited:

Well now you do!

News Headlines
shhhh, dont go bringing the facts to these idiots, they are unable to grasp the concept

and now you know as well!

Gotum linky?

shurum.

Leader Of Wis. Law Enforcement Association 'Regrets' Endorsing Walker - Politics News Story - WISC Madison

During his campaign for governor, Walker was endorsed by the Wisconsin State Troopers, as well as the Milwaukee Police and Firefighters associations and the West Allis Professional Police.

In all, five public employee unions endorsed Walker, and four of the five are completely unharmed by Walker's budget repair bill, WISC-TV reported. Walker has denied that the unions are getting political payback

See, now you know!

Last edited:

So are you actually trying to argue that the state doesn't fund fire departments? Don't regulate them?? How limitied do you believe the state's roll is as far as police and fire fighters are concerned? BTW walker exempted state police unions as well what excuse do you have for that??

In case you didn't know it there are are state fire departments and the state does fund fire departments in general.

Wisconsin Department of Commerce: Fire Department Contacts Safety and Buildings Division -

So he could have done similar to fire department and state police unions but chose not to.
Question, does walker's bill exempt fire fighter and police unions from the removal of recieving their dues through payroll??

Oh, for the love of Christ, stop topic-hopping. The question is NOT where their funding comes from, and how DARE you try to move the goalposts that way. The topic is whether or not firefighters are STATE EMPLOYEES, and regardless of whether the state gives funding to the cities and counties for firefighters, they are NOT state employees, any more than teachers are federal employees simply because the federal government gives grants to the states for education.

Now that you've shown everyone that you're a bullshitting poltroon who tries to change the parameters of the argument rather than just admitting he was WRONG, let's move on.

The state regulates a lot of things. Doesn't make everyone who works in a regulated industry a state employee. My state, for example, has scads of regulations involving the operations of bars and restaurants, but that doesn't make every waitress and bartender in Arizona a state employee, jackwad.

How limited do I think the state's "roll" [sic] regarding firefighters and police is? Well, for starters, it doesn't employ them. Which means it also doesn't negotiate their employment contracts. (What kind of roll would that be, btw? Whole wheat? Sourdough?)

As for Walker exempting state police unions, perhaps it was because THEIR contract demands weren't insane and strangling the state's budget. Good luck finding anyone in the mainstream media bothering to ask that question, let alone print the answer. They're too busy printing their own personal agenda on the subject . . . not that I think YOU mind.

I asked two questions and you blurted out yes followed by meaningless drivel. Which is why I was asking you what you were talking about. So care to explain or is that too much to ask of you?

Maybe you should go back and read my responses. The Democrats in Wisconsin filibustered, and then ran when that did not work. I answered your question, and pointed out the differences between the Republicans in the Senate and the Democrats in Wisconsin.

So, again, do you have trouble comprehending English?

actually if you look back at the comments of the poster i was talking to before you injected yourself into the debate without knowing the topic you can see that he was clearly talking about elections have consequences. Funny how the right didn't seem to believe that when they lost in 08 and still railed against almost everything obama campaigned to do as he tried to follow through with his promises.

Funny how you cannot see the difference. The right, by which I assume you mean the Republicans, fought every step of the way for what they believed in, and stuck around even though they knew they would loose the vote. Do they know elections have consequences? Of course they do, Obama told them, and they lost.

Yet, in Wisconsin, the Democrats prefer to run away and shut down the government rather than live with the consequences. They are not fighting, they gave up. So tell, what is the point you think you are making? And, more specifically, what the fuck is it you think you know that I do not?

BTW it's also funny how you fail to acknowledge the fact that i was talking about 08 after obama got elected and was met with obstruction from the right in spite of the fact that "the people had spoken" and you jumped up to 2010. Yet you try to criticize my comprehension?? LOL

Following the parliamentary procedure is obstructionism if you think your side is on top, yet ignoring it is perfectly justified if you think your side is loosing.

Got it.

Uh go back and read what you posted about teachers unions and the BS you tried to stick into my mouth about police and firefighters. I ask you questions in the hope that you will better explain the your posts and your only response is to attack and avoid. LOL

You go back and read it. I did not post anything about the teachers unions, I posted absurd explanations for Walker's thinking because you insist on raising a non issue. I personally have no idea why he is doing what he is doing, and think he is wrong for doing it that way. It is, however, irrelevant to the real issue here, which is that the Wisconsin fleebaggers are wrong. If you take my attack of Walker's position personally than I would suggest that you have some serious issues.

They would probably fight it. But they wouldn't run away and hide in another State. They would at least show up. The Democrats and Teacher Unions are behaving like immature pussies. I hope they don't think it's not being noticed. They're no "Heroes." They're just pussies.

he's an idiot

It's funny how you can't actually counter anything I say and can only neg rep and attack me personally. LOL
funny how i just DID
moron
now fuck off asswipe

Oh, for the love of Christ, stop topic-hopping. The question is NOT where their funding comes from, and how DARE you try to move the goalposts that way. The topic is whether or not firefighters are STATE EMPLOYEES, and regardless of whether the state gives funding to the cities and counties for firefighters, they are NOT state employees, any more than teachers are federal employees simply because the federal government gives grants to the states for education.

Now that you've shown everyone that you're a bullshitting poltroon who tries to change the parameters of the argument rather than just admitting he was WRONG, let's move on.

The state regulates a lot of things. Doesn't make everyone who works in a regulated industry a state employee. My state, for example, has scads of regulations involving the operations of bars and restaurants, but that doesn't make every waitress and bartender in Arizona a state employee, jackwad.

How limited do I think the state's "roll" [sic] regarding firefighters and police is? Well, for starters, it doesn't employ them. Which means it also doesn't negotiate their employment contracts. (What kind of roll would that be, btw? Whole wheat? Sourdough?)

As for Walker exempting state police unions, perhaps it was because THEIR contract demands weren't insane and strangling the state's budget. Good luck finding anyone in the mainstream media bothering to ask that question, let alone print the answer. They're too busy printing their own personal agenda on the subject . . . not that I think YOU mind.

Learn to read moron. There are are state firefighters and state police that fall under walker and yet he chose to exclude them. In other words, I didn't move the goal posts but that didn't stop you from lying about it did it?

"Now that you've shown everyone that you're a bullshitting poltroon who tries to change the parameters of the argument rather than just admitting he was WRONG, let's move on."

funny how you claim I moved the goal posts and then focus on the fact that there are state police that were excluded even as you make up excuses for their exemption out of thin air.

Thanks for the bs now if you could just admit that you are wrong and apologize for your false allegations it would be greatly appreciated. LOL

Forum List

Back