A Very Merry Christmas to all Believers and Happy Holidays to all others!

My absolute favorite that I hardly ever see anymore is the date balls with the rice krispies in them and rolled in coconut. I could eat those until they're coming out of my ears. My aunt used to make them. My mom wasn't a baker or goody maker. Good thing I had other relatives to give me recipes.

My absolute favorite that I hardly ever see anymore is the date balls with the rice krispies in them and rolled in coconut. I could eat those until they're coming out of my ears. My aunt used to make them. My mom wasn't a baker or goody maker. Good thing I had other relatives to give me recipes.
I didn't think about date cake. Love that stuff too. I did break down and make some pies yesterday but the crust wasn't as perfect as mom's is every time.

I'd almost forgotten about this Christmas tune. It gives me chills every time. I hope you all have at least one child to celebrate with.

My sister made divinity and peanut brittle and fudge..

But she's no longer celebrating Christmas anymore (1959-2007)Christmas was her birthday.
My mom does all sorts of pies, peanut brittle, fudge, divinity and cinnamon popcorn balls with walnuts < my fav.
Mine doesn't...
Mine used to mail me big boxes of popcorn balls when I wasn't there for Christmas. She's slowed down on making so many goodies the last few years because here is not enough of us around to eat them all.
My Ma was the cosmo girl and never went for home economics..

Forum List

Back