A Utah man was killed during a police traffic stop. His family say they’ve been ‘stonewalled’ by authorities

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Chase Allan was fatally shot by police in Farmington, Utah, during a traffic stop on 1 March. While the department has claimed that Allan refused to exit his vehicle and cooperate with their orders, his mother Diana Allan contends that he was “brutal[ly] murder[ed].”

Ms Allan, who was stopped by Farmington police nearly a year before a similar incident would prove fatal for her son, said in a statement that her family learned about the tragic news through media reports of the shooting and that they have been “stonewalled” by law enforcement.

Body camera footage of the incident has yet to be released, but a description of the events as narrated by law enforcement states that officers saw a gun on the driver-side floorboard of the car — in Utah, it is legal to open carry a registered weapon if the carrier owns the vehicle.

Five police officers have been placed on administrative leave following department policy.

As an investigation by the Davis County Critical Incident Protocol Team unfolds, Allan’s family
continues to demand answers.

Altercation escalated after officers spotted handgun

The shooting took place during what police have said was a regular traffic stop. The stop, reportedly conducted because the vehicle Allan was driving had an “illegitimate license,” took place around 3.20pm on 1 March outside a United States Postal Service office.

According to a statement by police, responding officers requested that Allan provide identification but he refused to do so, stating that he was not required to cooperate, local ABC4 reported. Two other officers, a trainee and a supervisor, were called to assist but Allan continued to refuse to cooperate.

Were the police justified in the actions they took against this young man?

Is it time for Congress and the President to pass the George Floyd Policing Act?

Release the bodycam footage.

Even if he was wrong, it would appear they shot him for exercising his second amendment rights. Cops are trained to shoot and then ask questions afterwards. After the Supreme Court has ruled we can carry just the same as the cops they have to be retrained.

If they are going to be scared every time they see a gun, they need to stop pulling people over.

They need to release the body cam footage. Can the family not sue the dept for it?
IDK about the GF act, but cops power needs to be drawn wayyyyy back. They dont have to save children getting shot by a madman, but they can shoot people for saying no?
Thats bullshit.

There's really not enough evidence released yet to make any judgements but not making the videos available right away isn't going to help in the "trust us, we're the police dept" slow roll they used to get away with far too often.

I they have nothing to hide, let's see what happened for ourselves.
If they were wrong, they need to face justice, the same as the rest of us would.

Unfortunately, even if it shows it to be totally justified, the usual suspects will still claim it proves racism, brutality, unnecessary force, et all.

Chase Allan was fatally shot by police in Farmington, Utah, during a traffic stop on 1 March. While the department has claimed that Allan refused to exit his vehicle and cooperate with their orders, his mother Diana Allan contends that he was “brutal[ly] murder[ed].”

Ms Allan, who was stopped by Farmington police nearly a year before a similar incident would prove fatal for her son, said in a statement that her family learned about the tragic news through media reports of the shooting and that they have been “stonewalled” by law enforcement.

Body camera footage of the incident has yet to be released, but a description of the events as narrated by law enforcement states that officers saw a gun on the driver-side floorboard of the car — in Utah, it is legal to open carry a registered weapon if the carrier owns the vehicle.

Five police officers have been placed on administrative leave following department policy.

As an investigation by the Davis County Critical Incident Protocol Team unfolds, Allan’s family
continues to demand answers.

Altercation escalated after officers spotted handgun

The shooting took place during what police have said was a regular traffic stop. The stop, reportedly conducted because the vehicle Allan was driving had an “illegitimate license,” took place around 3.20pm on 1 March outside a United States Postal Service office.

According to a statement by police, responding officers requested that Allan provide identification but he refused to do so, stating that he was not required to cooperate, local ABC4 reported. Two other officers, a trainee and a supervisor, were called to assist but Allan continued to refuse to cooperate.

Were the police justified in the actions they took against this young man?

Is it time for Congress and the President to pass the George Floyd Policing Act?

This has nothing to do with George Floyd and BLM.

The deceased here, Mr. Allan, was a Honky. And since All Lives (don't) Matter to the libs who control the presidency and Senate, why would they care?

Unbelievable how we didn’t hear about this. Why isn’t it getting the same outrage that George Floyd got? Or the young man - can’t recall his name at the moment - who was beaten to death by the five cops?

There’s been no TV coverage of it at all. Why is this case so different?

Unbelievable how we didn’t hear about this. Why isn’t it getting the same outrage that George Floyd got? Or the young man - can’t recall his name at the moment - who was beaten to death by the five cops?

It's simple, see folks like you think the cops have a green light to act anyway that want to, as long as, they are not doing it to you.

It's simple, see folks like you think the cops have a green light to act anyway that want to, as long as, they are not doing it to you.
Did I say that?

See, folks like you ascribe all sorts of nonsense to others when they have no legitimate answer to a question. In this case it was “why was there outrage and wall-to-wall coverage when George Floyd and Tyree Nichols were killed by cops, but nothing for this fellow?

They should release the bodycam footage, complete, as the family and the public have a right to know, that there isn't enough out there to know.

I am amazed at people that refuse to present ID at traffic stops. I carry and have permit. My state requires and it is highly recommended everywhere, to present driver's license and carry permit upon asking, if carrying at the time of stop. That "I don't have to show you my license at a traffic stop" just won't fly, especially if they see you are armed and refusing to cooperate. That in itself is no justification. I'm just saying, the side of the road is nowhere to stand up for your perceived right to anonymity and gun possession, as it might not go well and could go badly for you, quite easily.

Release the video and that can be answered.

They should release the bodycam footage, complete, as the family and the public have a right to know, that there isn't enough out there to know.

I am amazed at people that refuse to present ID at traffic stops. I carry and have permit. My state requires and it is highly recommended everywhere, to present driver's license and carry permit upon asking, if carrying at the time of stop. That "I don't have to show you my license at a traffic stop" just won't fly, especially if they see you are armed and refusing to cooperate. That in itself is no justification. I'm just saying, the side of the road is nowhere to stand up for your perceived right to anonymity and gun possession, as it might not go well and could go badly for you, quite easily.

Did he refuse? Maybe. Release the video.

Release the video and that can be answered.

I don't think that there is that much interest in this shooting. White lives really don't matter to the activists, I think that showing this video could cause BLM folks to really act up.

Did he refuse? Maybe. Release the video.
People like me worry about these kinds of things. If traveling out of town or anytime at night, I am armed at all times. I don't want you guys reading about me, making foolish choices.

I don't think that there is that much interest in this shooting. White lives really don't matter to the activists, I think that showing this video could cause BLM folks to really act up.

If the cops are shown to be lying, they should.

Did I say that?

See, folks like you ascribe all sorts of nonsense to others when they have no legitimate answer to a question. In this case it was “why was there outrage and wall-to-wall coverage when George Floyd and Tyree Nichols were killed by cops, but nothing for this fellow?
Again, because they are doing exactly what you want them to do. A white person getting treated like this is just collateral damage and you can live with it.

Again, because they are doing exactly what you want them to do. A white person getting treated like this is just collateral damage and you can live with it.
NO, it’s what you leftists want: only show outrage when a black is killed, and barely a mention if the victim is white (or the killer black).

There were 22 people killed by thugs on the subway last year. We are only hearing about this because a white ACCIDENTALLY may have killed a black man.

NO, it’s what you leftists want: only show outrage when a black is killed, and barely a mention if the victim is white (or the killer black).

There were 22 people killed by thugs on the subway last year. We are only hearing about this because a white ACCIDENTALLY may have killed a black man.
How did you hear about the other 21?

Forum List

Back