A true selfless act...

Your link doesn't go anywhere without forcing the reader to log in and create an account...

while i was reading this i was thinking that he would be a good candidate for the CMH, but i guess hes being considered for it! and that is a rarity, to see someone alive who is inline for that honor.

hes a true Hero indeed

reminds me of the time i met a living CMH holder. i was at Ft. Leavenworth, going through the war college parking lot because of a parking problem. i gave his car a ticket (you need a sticker to park in the college parking lot). a CSM came out and asked me what i was doing. i told him i was dispatched there for a parking problem and i was handing out tickets. he pointed to the ticket on that car and asked if i knew who owned it. i looked in my register and told him (got the name through the NCIC at the MP Station.).
he started to tell me that was someone that was giving a lecture in the college, i forget the subject, and that he was a CMH recipient. im thiking, whatever, im sure he is. ive heard all types of stories throughout the years.

about this time a taller gray haired guy comes out <I>wearing</i> his CMH!! holy shit! snap to attention and salute! (for you younger people who are inspiring to go into the military, the CMH is the only way to get an Officer to salute an enlisted person. even then its not the person they are saluting, its the medal).

he was like "thats ok Sergeant Major, ill pay the ticket."
oh hell no, i grabbed the ticket up, voided it, and told him not to worry about it. i shook his hand and went about my business

someone whose awarded a CMH is someone to look up too. someone whose awarded it and is still alive is definalty someone to look up to!

Forum List

Back