A third look at Gingrich

He's too unstable.

Ya think?

He's to busy doing his book tour to be bothered by frivolous things like getting signatures..so he can get on the ballot. Maybe he's hoping for another Scalia miracle.

Sheesh..what's all the hub bub about?

Yeah, but you support Obama, so your own judgment is already pretty suspect. :eusa_whistle:

Judgement about what?

Obama deep sixed Bin Laden. And he helped Gaddafi shuffle off the mortal coil. Those things alone are worth the price of admission. :eusa_clap:

I think we should all just forget about Ol Newt's past and make him the nominee.

We make him our nominee and you can bet your buck wheat that the democrats will be cheering us on, they have a billion dollars to run negative adds and Newt has sooooooooooooo much baggage that he has provided them with free amunition.

I like President-elect Newt.

Hey stupid.........Newt isn't "president-elect" he's a presidential CANDIDATE.

You don't become president elect until AFTER winning the election and BEFORE Jan 20th.

But then again, you support Newt, so why should you know anything about politics?

Fourth, fifth, or even a sixth look, you’ll see the same thing: a republican presidential candidate who exhibits a fundamental ignorance of basic Constitutional and legal principles, an advocate of republican fiscal, social, and foreign policies demonstrated to be failures, and someone generally unfit to be president.

If Newt does end up the Gop nom he won't be getting my vote. He's a Dem in RINO clothing and I don't trust him. Did I mention his morals suck? Yeah, that too.

Fourth, fifth, or even a sixth look, you’ll see the same thing: a republican presidential candidate who exhibits a fundamental ignorance of basic Constitutional and legal principles, an advocate of republican fiscal, social, and foreign policies demonstrated to be failures, and someone generally unfit to be president.

newts an advocate of liberal policies

The failure to get on the Virginia ballot was appalling. He didn't try to get on the Missouri ballot. These are elementary strategies for a candidate to accomplish of they are going to be a viable candidate.

This is a brilliant man with a great resume and thinks outside the box for solutions. But for a while now, we find that some Republicans cannot get behind him for vague reasons and quite honestly, his mouth sometimes shoots himself in the foot. Equating Pearl Harbor with the fact he didn't get on the ballot in Virginia was a bonehead statement from one expected to be leader of our country.

Early on, there was friction with his organizing campaign and they all quit. So, that was campaign stuff, I thought. But now, I think if the man cannot work closely with those around him, can he effectively be president? It's too bad. He's obviously the brightest of the candidates and can debate rings around anyone else. But is that enough?

oooohhhh, Goody. Another thread on this tired-ass subject.

Newt didn't get on because of Establishment dirty tricks.

Romney has all the ethics of Nixon.

And Newt doesn't? :lol:

Um, no, not really.

85 ethics investigations launched, 84 of them were dismissed without merit. One was found correct on a technicality and he was absolved of any wrongdoing by the IRS.

On the other hand, Mitt Romney put 500 working Joes out of jobs at AmPad while leaving the investors with worthless paper and the company with 400 million in debt. All while paying himself huge "management fees".

Great Slogan you guys will use when Romney gets the nomination. "He'll do for America what he did for AmPad."

You're welcome in advance.

I think we should all just forget about Ol Newt's past and make him the nominee.

We make him our nominee and you can bet your buck wheat that the democrats will be cheering us on, they have a billion dollars to run negative adds and Newt has sooooooooooooo much baggage that he has provided them with free amunition.

I'd rather have Newt's "baggage" than Romney's.

Romney is a guy who made a fortune screwing working people out of jobs and sending jobs to China.

And he has a crazy, racist religion that is pretty much 19th Century Scientology.

I like President-elect Newt.

I did - do too. But my question is... will he listen to ideas of others? We have a president who refused to go with any agenda other than his own and look where it got us.iven. He can win against Obama in any debate. That is a given. Is he the leader that will not shoot off his mouth without thinking? If another idea comes in contrary to his own, will he give it the credence it deserves while considering it?

What did you think of Gingrich's criticism of Paul Ryan's budget plan? One comment he had to apologize for?

Personally, I am tired of the guy "shooting himself in the foot". I can't get behind him. I have not decided on a candidate as yet, but I know for sure that Gingrich, Cain, and Huntsman are out. I will be voting for none of them in the primary.

He's too unstable.

Ya think?

He's to busy doing his book tour to be bothered by frivolous things like getting signatures..so he can get on the ballot. Maybe he's hoping for another Scalia miracle.

I thought people were smart in America, but they voted in Bush (twice) so there is no surprise Newt has supporters. People really do have short memories.

He's too unstable.

Ya think?

I thought people were smart in America, but they voted in Bush (twice) so there is no surprise Newt has supporters. People really do have short memories.
69 million people proved just how stupid a person can be in 2008

He's too unstable.

Ya think?

They do, but you'll notice he's dropping in the polls. That is from all those people saying "oh right...THAT guy"

Ya think?

They do, but you'll notice he's dropping in the polls. That is from all those people saying "oh right...THAT guy"

Gingrich Plummets in Polls as Voters Start Remembering Who He Is

Dawning Awareness Threatens Campaign
newt.jpg
DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report) – In a development that has imperiled his front-runner status in the Republican presidential race, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has plunged in the polls as voters have begun to remember who he is.

Mr. Gingrich had been surging in recent weeks, but according to pollster Davis Logsdon of the University of Minnesota’s Opinion Research institute, “That was before people’s memories of who New Gingrich is started gradually kicking in.”

According to a new poll released today, Mr. Gingrich fared especially poorly among voters who agreed with the statement, “Wait a minute, that guy? He was an enormous dick.”

“Newt Gingrich has got to do something fast to keep people from remembering who he is,” pollster Logsdon said. “He might try growing a moustache or wearing an eye patch, but that might be too little, too late.”

On the ground in Iowa, Gingrich campaign strategists are working overtime to confront the challenge posed by voters remembering who he is, aides to the former House Speaker said today.

According to one campaign source, the Gingrich campaign has begun seeking the support of people with mental disorders and other memory issues that make it hard for them to retain basic information.
“The problem is, most of those people are currently running for President,” the source said.
In other political news, the Romney campaign unveiled a new slogan today: “You’re Out of Other Options.”
:lol:

Ya think?

Newt "Getrich from Freddie and Fannie" represents the left in his words, but represents the GOP in name only.

It's sad that snake oil salesmen are not outed for what they are, they are defended because they are part of a political party, and people wonder why D.C. is so fucked up.

Ya think?

Yeah, but you support Obama, so your own judgment is already pretty suspect. :eusa_whistle:

Judgement about what?

Obama deep sixed Bin Laden. And he helped Gaddafi shuffle off the mortal coil. Those things alone are worth the price of admission. :eusa_clap:

Support of Obama shows poor judgement as he is the most clueless and incompetent President in US history.

You need to be honest about this. 10 years of intelligence work lead to finally finding bin Laden. Other than giving approval for the Seal team to move in, Obama had nothing to do with it. Anyone can nod there head.

Ya think?

Judgement about what?

Supporting America's enemy deserves a traitors reception

Forum List

Back