A teachable moment- Napolitano says bomb failing to explode shows “the system worked"

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
A teachable moment- Napolitano says bomb failing to explode shows “the system worked"

Video:RealClearPolitics

One can make that argument
But-

The guy got a visa and he was on a Watch List
The guy's father told us he was a risk after he got the visa
The guy was stopped by passengers before he could try a 2nd time to send his "crotch" and himself to Allah

I say Thank God nobody was hurt in spite of the system not working

Damn right. By all rights that plane should have blown up, the bomb and bomber were there, and the bomb was almost twice the size of the shoe bomb. Napolitano and her system failed miserably.

Why was this piece of shit allowed on a plane bound for the US? Even the Brits pulled his visa.

Damn right. By all rights that plane should have blown up, the bomb and bomber were there, and the bomb was almost twice the size of the shoe bomb. Napolitano and her system failed miserably.

Why was this piece of shit allowed on a plane bound for the US? Even the Brits pulled his visa.

I hear you!

If the “system” had “worked,” U.S. consular officials would have never granted this guy a visa in the first place:
— a rootless, young, single male —

Tip: National Review

Department visa regulation 214(b):
That law requires an applicant to show strong roots in his home country — such as a house, a spouse, and/or employment — in order to prove that he would be likely to return home when his visa expired.

Young, single, unemployed men are the people most often refused visas under 214(b) (when it is actually enforced) for the very reasons that al Qaeda recruits them so heavily: They are shiftless and have very little to stop them from packing up and moving to a new country. There’s also, sadly, very little to prevent them from committing terrorist attacks.

I hear you!

If the “system” had “worked,” U.S. consular officials would have never granted this guy a visa in the first place:

That law requires an applicant to show strong roots in his home country — such as a house, a spouse, and/or employment — in order to prove that he would be likely to return home when his visa expired.

Young, single, unemployed men are the people most often refused visas under 214(b) (when it is actually enforced) for the very reasons that al Qaeda recruits them so heavily: They are shiftless and have very little to stop them from packing up and moving to a new country. There’s also, sadly, very little to prevent them from committing terrorist attacks.

By that definition I should be denied a visa. That's retarded.

I hear you!

Not at all- When you issue a visa, you want the person to return back their to home country. Single people with no job or family ties, it makes sense to deny them visas

Being from the US, it is less likely you would be denied a visa to another country because most USC want to go home

Last edited:
I hear you!

Not at all- When you issue a visa, you want the person to return back their to home country. Single people with no job or family ties, it makes sense to deny them visas

Except that a significant percentage of tourist dollars come from the demographic that you claim should always be denied a visa.

Except that a significant percentage of tourist dollars come from the demographic that you claim should always be denied a visa.

It depends on the country
We do have visa waiver agreements with about 35 countries where one only needs to get on a plane, fly to the US and have a Customs Officer clear you.

Obviously, it is most of the Western countries and countries where economic conditions and living conditions indicate that one would most likely return

The US is not "hurting" for tourist dollars from countries like Nigeria

Last edited:

But-

The guy was stopped by passengers before he could try a 2nd time to send his "crotch" and himself to Allah

Are you fuckin' kidding me, “the system worked"? What a stupid bitch, seriously.
If not for this assholes incompetence and/or the bomb makers, that plane and all aboard, and potentially more have a very different outcome.
I'd say the only one who deserves a pat on the back is the fella that subdued him and put the fire out, and the rest of the involved passengers and flight crew.

I don't give a fuck who's fault it is, right now, but a full investigation of this major breach needs to be undertaken. This type of thing can not be allowed to happen.

No doubt about it. Janet is an idiot. She couldn't protect Arizona but obamalama hired her to protect us.. WTFG.

But-

Are you fuckin' kidding me, “the system worked"? What a stupid bitch, seriously.
If not for this assholes incompetence and/or the bomb makers, that plane and all aboard, and potentially more have a very different outcome.
I'd say the only one who deserves a pat on the back is the fella that subdued him and put the fire out, and the rest of the involved passengers and flight crew.

I don't give a fuck who's fault it is, right now, but a full investigation of this major breach needs to be undertaken. This type of thing can not be allowed to happen.

Well she is definitely not the "brightest bulb in the bunch"
Don't forget she is one that said:

that crossing the border illegally “isn’t a crime per se”,

and her boneheaded claim that 9/11 terrorists came in through the Canadian border
(which from your pic, you may appreciate this last one)

Last edited:
This act being stopped proves that the Patriot Act worked, US immigration policy and enforcement worked, the wars in the middle east are working, and numerous other government policies are working.

That is, they worked if you have no logical understanding or even a hint of common sense.

But-

Once again. Kudo's to the passengers and flight crew. They saved the day. Not Nepalitano and her tsa.

I think the days of passengers just sitting and allowing things to happen on planes is long over. Now they will react and go after these would be terrorists. Kudo's to them all and I hope they beat the dogshit out of all of em.

But-

Once again. Kudo's to the passengers and flight crew. They saved the day. Not Nepalitano and her tsa.

I think the days of passengers just sitting and allowing things to happen on planes is long over. Now they will react and go after these would be terrorists. Kudo's to them all and I hope they beat the dogshit out of all of em.

I agree

Gone are the pre 911 days where passengers would sit passive as terrorists try to take over a plane.

The 911 terrorists by thinking "outside the box" were able to carry out their deadly plan.
Of course, it was a one shot deal because passengers will no longer "just assume" that the plane is going to be taken somewhere or prisoners somewhere are going to be released in exchange.

What she actually said.
And one thing I’d like to point out is that the system worked. Everybody played an important role here. The passengers and crew of the flight took appropriate action. Within literally an hour to 90 minutes of the incident occurring, all 128 flights in the air had been notified to take some special measures in light of what had occurred on the Northwest Airlines flight. We instituted new measures on the ground and at screening areas, both here in the United States and in Europe, where this flight originated.
So the whole process of making sure that we respond properly, correctly and effectively went very smoothly.
She was talking about the system working AFTER the fuckwad tried to blow up the plane.

I don't remember anyone blaming Homeland Security for the shoe bomber...partisan hacks.

What she actually said.
And one thing I’d like to point out is that the system worked. Everybody played an important role here. The passengers and crew of the flight took appropriate action. Within literally an hour to 90 minutes of the incident occurring, all 128 flights in the air had been notified to take some special measures in light of what had occurred on the Northwest Airlines flight. We instituted new measures on the ground and at screening areas, both here in the United States and in Europe, where this flight originated.
So the whole process of making sure that we respond properly, correctly and effectively went very smoothly.
She was talking about the system working AFTER the fuckwad tried to blow up the plane.

I don't remember anyone blaming Homeland Security for the shoe bomber...partisan hacks.

Speaking of partisan hacks

That is your take on it

And

No one was stupid enough to say during the Reid case that "the system worked"

Last edited:

Wow...I had no idea there were millions of tourists from Albania and Myannmar....:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back