"Security" is "Tighter" now... Was it Looser at some Point?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Search for answers, tighter security after attack

By LARRY MARGASAK and COREY WILLIAMS
Associated Press Writers Dec 27, 11:10 AM EST

DETROIT (AP) -- The U.S. government tightened airline security as it searches for answers to how a 23-year-old Nigerian man eluded extensive systems intended to prevent attacks like his botched Christmas Day effort to blow up a Northwest flight from overseas.

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who claimed ties to al-Qaida, was charged Saturday with trying to destroy a Detroit-bound airliner, just a month after his father warned U.S. officials of concerns about his son's religious beliefs.

St. Petersburg Times | tampabay.com | Know it now.

---

I have a couple of Questions...

Was Security "Loosened"... And if so, why?

I seem to Remember that MANY on the Left were Mocking the Bush Administration over their "Terror" Alerts and Attempts at Targeting those who would Most Likely Blow up a Plane or Commit some other Terrorist Attack.

And of course when they Caught MANY People and Foiled these Types of Attempts, the Left was right there Screaming "Civil Liberties" for these Foreign Terrorists.

I would like to Know if Security Changed as of or since January 20th of this Year.

Also, I'd like to Know why the Father of this Terrorist was Concerned about his Religous Beliefs...

He Certainly wasn't Talking about Islam, was he?

:)

peace...

actually security has been made a little looser since it being tightened after 9/11, the ban on bringing stuff like shaving cream and toothpaste has been loosened and they put in those express programs where some people can by pass the long security lines, these measures were changed more than a year ago if I remember correctly.

Here’s more of that change you can believe in. The Obama administration is changing terminology again.

Last week they said “terrorist attack” was being changed to “man-caused disaster.” “Enemy combatants” has been changed to “persons who the president has the authority to detain.” And in the lastest Orwellian name change, “the global war on terror” has officially become “Overseas Contingency Operation.”

The change was made official this week in a memo to White House speechwriters and other staff members.

Obama changes terminology for global war on terror and enemy combatants | I Hate the Media - Fun with Liberal Media Bias​

Hmmm...I wonder.

Last edited:
Political correctness run amok. I saw Napolitano this morning with a Freudian slip saying that the facts will be "scrubbed" on Monday. (That means that the facts will be changed to cover their asses)

"The man in question has been living outside of the country for a while," she said. "He sneaked into Nigeria on the 24th of December 2009 and left the same day."

While the terror plot was foiled, Mutallab's position on the flight was no accident, said a former senior homeland security official. The suspect was seated in 19A -- over the fuel tanks, atop the wing and next to the skin of the aircraft. If there had been an explosion, the official who was not briefed on the current FBI case, said it could have been accelerated by the fuel, damaging the wing, puncturing the skin and bringing down the plane.

Nonetheless, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the system worked because "everything happened that should have."

"The passengers reacted correctly, the crew reacted correctly, within an hour to 90 minutes, all 128 flights in the air had been notified. And those flights already had taken mitigation measures on the off- chance that there was somebody else also flying with some sort of destructive intent. So the system has worked really very, very smoothly over the course of the past several days," Napolitano told ABC's "This Week".

But some lawmakers say Napolitano needs a reality check.

"The fact is the system did not work," Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. , the ranking Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "He made it on the plane, with explosives and he detonated the explosives."

"We didn't act sufficiently on the information that was made available to us," Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., told Fox News. Smith said the "disconnect" comes from having a "specific warning from someone who knew him well" and the failure "to treat that list more seriously. ... If you are on that list, you should receive greater scrutiny."

Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., the ranking member of the House intelligence committee, added that the miscues on the incident fall on the shoulders of the Obama administration.

"The Obama administration came in and said, 'We're not going to use the word "terrorism" anymore. We're going to call it "manmade disasters,"' trying to, you know, I think, downplay the threat from terrorism," Hoekstra told "Fox News Sunday."

"That threat is here in the United States," Hoekstra continued. "It is lone wolf individuals. It is people that have become radicalized that have had some contact with Al Qaeda. And then it is the threats that come from Al Qaeda central. Homegrown terrorism, the threat to the United States, is real. I think this administration has downplayed it. They need to recognize it, identify it. It is the only way we are going to defeat it."

FOXNews.com - Investigators Cross Globe Looking for Details on Plane Bombing Suspect

the tsa is a joke. they fail tests all the time. all the security put in place is a useless hassle, people are still going to get on planes and do what they want

the tsa is a joke. they fail tests all the time. all the security put in place is a useless hassle, people are still going to get on planes and do what they want

Its simpler to just let Americans fly and deny visas to the ones who are suspicious. America needs to tighten its borders starting with visas. Get ICE busy collecting those whose visas expired.

Here’s more of that change you can believe in. The Obama administration is changing terminology again.

Last week they said “terrorist attack” was being changed to “man-caused disaster.” “Enemy combatants” has been changed to “persons who the president has the authority to detain.” And in the lastest Orwellian name change, “the global war on terror” has officially become “Overseas Contingency Operation.”

The change was made official this week in a memo to White House speechwriters and other staff members.

Obama changes terminology for global war on terror and enemy combatants | I Hate the Media - Fun with Liberal Media Bias​

Hmmm...I wonder.

MeThought there was a "Change" a Comin'...

:)

peace...

And of course when they Caught MANY People and Foiled these Types of Attempts, the Left was right there Screaming "Civil Liberties" for these Foreign Terrorists.
Link? To the MANY People Foiled and the Left Screaming "Civil Liberties" for Foreign Terrorists...I know you have none, fucktard.

Last time I checked, TSA didn't work for Amsterdam.

That said, it was a pain in the ass getting back in the country today. They did everything but put us in straight jackets. :evil:

If we just required everybody to fly naked we wouldn't be having this problem. Nowhere to hide a bomb except for one place. Just have the passengers being screened bend over and touch their toes. If there is no fuse dangling out of any below the waist oriface, I'd say they would be cleared for take off.

That said, it was a pain in the ass getting back in the country today. They did everything but put us in straight jackets. :evil:

So? Amsterdamn issues travel VISA's to the USA? Who the fuck knew?

If we just required everybody to fly naked we wouldn't be having this problem. Nowhere to hide a bomb except for one place. Just have the passengers being screened bend over and touch their toes. If there is no fuse dangling out of any below the waist oriface, I'd say they would be cleared for take off.

well they do have those x ray machines that show you naked and all yer private parts but the libtards screamed about "privacy issues."

:lol: That's what the flight attendant on my flight said...man, were they pissed and apologetic. We had a flight that lasted one hour and twenty and they had to cancel food service (which really sucked since you almost never get it), weren't allowed to go to the bathroom during flight or have anything in your lap...if you were reading you had to hold the book up in the air.

:confused: I'm sure you have a point but what is it

:confused: I'm sure you have a point but what is it

the obamalama state department screwed the hell up! not to mention the department of homeland security.

Forum List

Back