A song in the night

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
4.jpg
Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:17-18

Dodderidge wrote:

Observe, I entreat you how calamitous a circumstance is here supposed, and how heroic a faith is expressed. It is really as he had said, "Though I should be reduced to great extremity as not to know where to find my necessary food, though I should look about me on an empty house and a desolate field, and see the marks of Divine scourge where I had once seen the fruits of God's bounty, yet will I rejoice in the Lord."

Me thinks these words are worthy of being written as with a diamond on a rock forever. Oh, that by Divine grace they might be engraved on each of our hearts! Concise as the form of the speaking in the text is, it evidently implies or expresses the particulars: That in the day of his distress he would fly to God; he would maintain a holy composure under this dark dispensation, nay, that in the midst of it all he would indulge in a sacred joy in God, and cheerful expectation from Him. - Heroic confidence! Illustrious faith! Unconquerable love! - Dodderidge

Entwined in this message I'm reminded of a poem by Guyon (not exact) so sweetly in tune with the heart of Dodderidge. Guyon wrote this after having lost her children and while she spent ten years in prison for loving God "too much." She accepted this as by Divine providence and her spirit soared ever higher in God...

A little bird am I,
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there

Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleaseth Thee.

My cage confines me round,
Abroad I cannot fly,
But though my wing is tightly bound,

My soul is at liberty

For prison walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom of my soul.

I have learned to love the darkness of sorrow, for it is there I see the brightness of His Face. - Guyon

These words may remain a mystery to the one who has never been acquainted with deep sorrow and isolation but for the one who has been to such a dark place with God as their constant companion, it speaks: The darker the night, the brighter His Face becomes.

Last edited:
How humorous Jeremiah...Any that know Yiddish would see the humour in this " song of the NIGHT " Habakkuk means to " have a SH IT..... And they will .. All those that are the " fruit" ( fruit is teachings)which means those that follow the teaching of the Vine( Jesus is the Vine as per John) and his " flock" shall be cut off..It will be a pretty sad day for them to say the least but the ones who follow Gd will be tickled pink and happy as can be. And when shall this happen.... In the NIGHT.... You really don't even get what you post do you....lol...

How humorous Jeremiah...Any that know Yiddish would see the humour in this " song of the NIGHT " Habakkuk means to " have a SH IT..... And they will .. All those that are the " fruit" ( fruit is teachings)which means those that follow the teaching of the Vine( Jesus is the Vine as per John) and his " flock" shall be cut off..It will be a pretty sad day for them to say the least but the ones who follow Gd will be tickled pink and happy as can be. And when shall this happen.... In the NIGHT.... You really don't even get what you post do you....lol...
It surprises me how little you know about the Hebrew prophets and the written Word of God, Shimon. There was a time when the Levites knew the written Word of God. I suspect that was before the deception of the Talmud spread like a wildfire seeking to destroy it. Study the Written Word of God. You can receive nothing from the Talmud because it is not holy scripture. Just a book written by blind guides. Read the Written Word of God.

Habakkuk means: one who clings - one who clings to God.

Psalm 16 7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. You are Quite foolish Jeremiah and did not read what I said..... I said in Yiddish it was Quite Humorous and any Jew would find your posting quite humorous......All you who follow another gd and The VINE(Jesus is the Vine) will come to naught and you Will Have a SH IT about it as that is what Hab a Kukk means in yiddish the words we spoke in the diaspora while being chased from place to place by those who followed the poisonous Vine...lol.... In Psalm 16 which I posted above for any who are not tainted by your nonsense one can see the good things and good tidings will come in the NIGHT seasons and all that follow the PROPER instructions of the Gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob will have them...... No Vine Required.... Wink Wink....

Psalm 16 7 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. You are Quite foolish Jeremiah and did not read what I said..... I said in Yiddish it was Quite Humorous and any Jew would find your posting quite humorous......All you who follow another gd and The VINE(Jesus is the Vine) will come to naught and you Will Have a SH IT about it as that is what Hab a Kukk means in yiddish the words we spoke in the diaspora while being chased from place to place by those who followed the poisonous Vine...lol.... In Psalm 16 which I posted above for any who are not tainted by your nonsense one can see the good things and good tidings will come in the NIGHT seasons and all that follow the PROPER instructions of the Gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob will have them...... No Vine Required.... Wink Wink....
It is written:
A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers. Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord. Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
Psalm 6:12-15

The LORD gave me Psalm 17 many years ago after visiting me in the night seasons - night after night after night - I have heard the voice of the Ancient of Days and His Voice sounded like the sound of mighty rushing waters. I know a depth of Psalm 17 that I doubt you could fathom with your finite mind. David knew it because David knew the LORD. I titled this thread song in the night (not night seasons) and you have added to my words because you cannot stand to see me receiving what could have been yours for the asking (and still is through Jesus Christ the Messiah). I will keep you in my prayers, Shimon, because the day will come when you realize who Jesus Christ is and you will fall on your face and cry bitterly for what you have done and how you have treated God's servants.

Psalm 17
1 Hear the right, O Lord, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.

2 Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.

3 Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

4 Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

5 Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

6 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.

7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,

9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.

11 They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;

12 Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.

13 Arise, O Lord, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:

14 From men which are thy hand, O Lord, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.

15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

See Jeremiah this is why it is very humorous dealing with you because you don't understand anything to do with the Jewish scriptures or Jewish thinking and humor... We didn't have the most comedians per capita for no reason.... You quote Jewish scripture but you just don't get it... When I wink at you it is not me that is being the evil one it is you... I am winking at you to show you and others that I see through your conceit and your pride and your teaching of being rebellious to the Gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob ... You like to quote that verse regarding winking but why don't you quote Job 15 verse 12-13.... Where it states " Why does thine heart carry thee away? And what do thy eyes wink at. (Pay attention here oh unenlightened one) that thou turneth thy spirit against Gd..........See Jeremiah it is you that is " winking" by turning your spirit against gd by trying to teach others to do so and by quoting scripture that you have absolutely no knowledge about......

See Jeremiah this is why it is very humorous dealing with you because you don't understand anything to do with the Jewish scriptures or Jewish thinking and humor... We didn't have the most comedians per capita for no reason.... You quote Jewish scripture but you just don't get it... When I wink at you it is not me that is being the evil one it is you... I am winking at you to show you and others that I see through your conceit and your pride and your teaching of being rebellious to the Gd of Abraham Isaac and Jacob ... You like to quote that verse regarding winking but why don't you quote Job 15 verse 12-13.... Where it states " Why does thine heart carry thee away? And what do thy eyes wink at. (Pay attention here oh unenlightened one) that thou turneth thy spirit against Gd..........See Jeremiah it is you that is " winking" by turning your spirit against gd by trying to teach others to do so and by quoting scripture that you have absolutely no knowledge about......
I do not see what you are telling me to be true, Shimon, but then again I wouldn't trust my own heart not to hide it from me. I will ask the Lord about these sins you are speaking of and if it is true I will repent to Him about it. God resists the proud and that sin alone will keep a soul out of heaven. I changed my screen name as you had expressed your displeasure over it. I'm sorry it disturbed you so much. I hope you feel better about the new screen name. Goodnight, Shimon.

Forum List

Back