A Solution to the Indiana Law Protecting Religion (That 82% Support BTW)

Do you support Indiana's law as amended in the OP?

• Yes, I think that's a good compromise.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, it's 100% LGBT way or the highway

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Maybe, but I have another amending idea of my own (see my post)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
:lol:

Joe really is flummoxed! He simply hates it that he can't force people to do what he demands, and hopes that name calling and throwing a hissy will keep him in control of the situation. Poor Joe, so impotent and unable to perform.

Joe really is flummoxed! He simply hates it that he can't force people to do what he demands, and hopes that name calling and throwing a hissy will keep him in control of the situation. Poor Joe, so impotent and unable to perform.

sure we can. I mean, you guys can try to hide it, but frankly, we are going to out all you homophobes eventually. It will be a truly great thing.

sure we can. I mean, you guys can try to hide it, but frankly, we are going to out all you homophobes eventually. It will be a truly great thing.

:lmao:

So now I'm a homophobe? :lol:

Guy, I'm all over this board showing my support for gay rights. Fools like you simply can't comprehend that there could be a problem that government can't fix.

Guy, I'm all over this board showing my support for gay rights. Fools like you simply can't comprehend that there could be a problem that government can't fix.

Yeah, whatever guy. With friends ike you, the gays can do without enemies.

This is a problem the government CAN easily fix. You can't discriminate. Period. End of discussion. If we catch you doing it, there will be terrible consequences.

Problem. Fucking. Solved.

Yeah, whatever guy. With friends ike you, the gays can do without enemies.

This is a problem the government CAN easily fix. You can't discriminate. Period. End of discussion. If we catch you doing it, there will be terrible consequences.

Problem. Fucking. Solved.

Okay. So if you have a bakery, you must provide everyone who wants one a cake. Everyone. Even if they don't have money. Because you can't discriminate. Period. Your rules, after all.

You asked if the Indiana officials were lying "when they said the law wasn't about gay marriage". I said "yes" that they probably were lying about that because it is precisely about gay marraige and how a Christian is forbidden under pain of eternal death from promoting or enabling gay marriage. They aren't allowed to promote gay culture. Marriage is the hub of any culture..

Yet Jesus never mentions gay marriage or homosexuality at all in the Bible.

For a non-Christian you sure seem determined to tell Christians what they are obligated to believe or do.

Jesus never mentions anything in the Bible. They are all second hand accounts from eyewitnesses. There is no "Gospel of Jesus Christ". There is plenty about homosexuality and the rules on that in the New Testament. Check out Jude 1 and Romans 1 for details..

The Bible very clearly does quote Jesus

28One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”

29Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord.30And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’g31The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’h No other commandment is greater than these.”

32The teacher of religious law replied, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth by saying that there is only one God and no other. 33And I know it is important to love him with all my heart and all my understanding and all my strength, and to love my neighbor as myself. This is more important than to offer all of the burnt offerings and sacrifices required in the law.”

Pretty certain Jesus was talking about Koshergirl and Silhouette when he said this:

38Jesus also taught: “Beware of these teachers of religious law! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces.39And how they love the seats of honor in the synagogues and the head table at banquets.40Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their property and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. Because of this, they will be more severely punished.”

A solution to the Indiana law that says Christians can refuse to enable a 'gay marriage' is found in understanding concepts #1 & #2 below. I wrote this post in response to a comment "ChrisL" made.

Any service having to do conspicously or overtly for a "gay marriage" may be able to be objected to by Christians. Any other service which the person's sexual orientation should not matter (provision of housing, food, sundries, dining etc. ) would not. Any lewd display of any sexual behavior by any people can be grounds for them being kicked out of any business. If two gay or two hetero people are sitting at a restaurant having dinner and tonguing each other over their chicken kiev, out they go.

Obnoxious people of any sexual preference can be ousted if their behavior is disturbing other patrons. A business cannot be expected to commit fiscal suicide to accomodate lecherous people of any orientation. Keep it under wraps, everyone. No PDA. Each side gives a little. Each side loses a little.

Well, you would never know that by reading some of the posts on these forums. Some people make it QUITE clear that they are more than willing to treat homosexual people as less than human because of their religious beliefs.
Then they aren't true Christians and cannot claim to be.
In the following discussion, this article's survey of over 3,000 gay men is "the Given":
ATLANTA [2005 Clinical Psychiatry News] -- Substance abuse is pervasive among gay men and is so intricately intertwined with epidemics of depression, partner abuse, and childhood sexual abuse that adequately addressing one issue requires attention to the others as well, said Ronald Stall, Ph.D., chief of prevention research for the division of HIV/AIDS prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta...

Jude 1 of the New Testament (that modern Christians follow) divides the homosexual issue into two components and prescribes a different protocol for each:

1. The individual homosexual, who the Christian is supposed to reach out to in compassion "making a difference" in their disfigured lives. The reward for doing this is salvation for the Christian.

2. The homosexual movement, the subculture that always seeks to overthrow normal values in its twisted quest to feel legitimate and not have to face the source of its pain by bumping up against moral values. Sodom was given as an example. But in Jude 1 of the New Testament (the Bible of modern Christians) it said that the same applies to other cities like Sodom. San Francisco would be a modern example. Ancient Greece, another. The "reward" for failing to stave off this advancement is eternity in the pit of fire for any Christian who fails.

Apparently it is (very) important to God that the matrix itself within which all humans learn and live and are tested, not be fundamentally tampered with. I'll leave readers here to meditate on why that is...

Since marriage is the hub of any culture, homosexuals seeking to overtake it is one and the same as homosexuals seeking to take over a culture. A Christian who partakes in enabling that, by choice or by force, is damned either way to the pit of fire. A Christian has no choice. They MUST not participate in so-called "gay marriage". Just as they MUST not harm individual gays: Grand Theater in California Shocked Sodomite Suppression Act US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I laugh at the title of the thread BTW. "Pence running for cover"....and all the GOP bigwigs too who have got his back? I think they've seen the poll on this thread and have done the math: Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings Page 831 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

82%.....impressive!

I have a two-part solution:

1) Leftists figure out what the law actually says and does, and stop wetting their panties over some apocryphal thing they've invented.

2) They adjust to the fact that they don't have a right to be liked, and in fact, probably aren't going to be by most people no matter how many laws are passed.

You asked if the Indiana officials were lying "when they said the law wasn't about gay marriage". I said "yes" that they probably were lying about that because it is precisely about gay marraige and how a Christian is forbidden under pain of eternal death from promoting or enabling gay marriage. They aren't allowed to promote gay culture. Marriage is the hub of any culture..

I guess people can read for themselvles to see who is telling the truth.

LOL....yes.....from the woman who says Jesus is not quoted in the Bible and that wolves raised children.....

A solution to the Indiana law that says Christians can refuse to enable a 'gay marriage' is found in understanding concepts #1 & #2 below. I wrote this post in response to a comment "ChrisL" made.

Any service having to do conspicously or overtly for a "gay marriage" may be able to be objected to by Christians. !

Hmmmm have you ever read the Constitution?

What makes you think that Christians are allowed special exemptions under the Constitution?

What part of the First Amendment are you having trouble with? The reading of it?

Any service having to do conspicously or overtly for a "gay marriage" may be able to be objected to by Christians. !

What makes you think that Christians are allowed special exemptions under the Constitution?

You seem to think the Constitution says certain things on all sort of issues that it simply doesn't say.

Maybe your a racist, a homophobe or some other kind of bigot.

But you said you had cakes for sale, and I'm buying a cake, so you'd better provide one.

Or else.

Don't like it? Get out of the bakery business.

Nope. Your BEHAVIORS make the religious stance object. Your BEHAVIORS don't have special protections. Christians do have Constitutional protections. Let us all know when your cult gets tax-exempt status; because religion is the closest thing you come to.

The weird things you do with your hoo-hoo don't give you a protected status, even while you do them religiously and go out on evangelical campaigns in our public schools every day...

What 'behaviors' are those?

Public Accommodation laws do not mention 'behaviors at all

Colorado law prohibits such discrimination based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, creed, religion, disability (mental and physical), familial status (housing only), marital status (housing and public accommodations only), marriage to a co-worker (employment only), and age (employment only).

None of those are really a behavior- though I suppose 'religion' might be considered one- sexual orientation is not a behavior- no matter how much you want to pretend it is.

What part of the First Amendment are you having trouble with? The reading of it?

Lets look at it again:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

Nothing there about special exemptions for Christians that Silhouette suggested.

You seem to think the Constitution says certain things on all sort of issues that it simply doesn't say.

Okay. So if you have a bakery, you must provide everyone who wants one a cake. Everyone. Even if they don't have money. Because you can't discriminate. Period. Your rules, after all.

I think you are just making shit up to cover your homophobia, but that's okay, I know it must be tough to be on the wrong side of history and knowing your grandchildren will be asking "You mean there were assholes back in the Teens who try to discriminate against gays?"

I think you are just making shit up to cover your homophobia, but that's okay, I know it must be tough to be on the wrong side of history and knowing your grandchildren will be asking "You mean there were assholes back in the Teens who try to discriminate against gays?"

Yep, that's it. I'm trying to hide my homophobia. I'm so homophobic, I constantly go on rampages about how opposition to gay marriage is complete and utter bullshit. :lol:

But you are out there fighting for the right of bigots to be bigots.

You're damn right. It's called freedom. It applies when people say things you agree with, and it also applies when people say things you don't agree with. Gay people deserve the right to get married just like the rest of us and live their lives happily. And bigots deserve the right to be douche bags and refuse them service, and be driven out of business when the rest of the public refuses to buy from them.

Freedom for some is freedom for none.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Then you would support "freedom" for brothers and sisters to marry I suppose...because they have kids sometimes too.

Forum List

Back