A solution to gay marriage that everyone can agree on.

It's quite simple, and pure genius, I might add. What we need is a Supreme Court ruling making common law marriage legal in all fifty states. You want to get married? Fine. Declare yourself married, and live together for a year. It's a done deal.

And you won't have to harass bake shops, florists and pizza joints to cater an expensive wedding, saving you money.

It's a win win. Christian business owners don't get hassled. You get married, and everyone is happy.

How cool is that?

Idiocy.

:lol: you want what cannot happen, deltex: marriage equality is going to be the entire law of the land, and so what does anyone care what you think?

And the civil union alternative card was played and failed. You don't get to pull it out of the discard pile now, boedicca, because marriage equality nationally is almost here.

You are completely missing my point. I want government out of the marriage business for everyone.

That's outlandish fantasy.

But that aside, what then happens when a same sex couple chooses a church marriage (the in-the-eyes-of-God-only variety)

and wants a wedding cake for it, and the baker refuses?

:lol: you want what cannot happen, deltex: marriage equality is going to be the entire law of the land, and so what does anyone care what you think?

And the civil union alternative card was played and failed. You don't get to pull it out of the discard pile now, boedicca, because marriage equality nationally is almost here.

You are completely missing my point. I want government out of the marriage business for everyone.

That's outlandish fantasy.

But that aside, what then happens when a same sex couple chooses a church marriage (the in-the-eyes-of-God-only variety)

and wants a wedding cake for it, and the baker refuses?

Burning strawmen again? Isn't that genocide?

Forum List

Back