A smart man

Yep. Another big government boondoggle/disaster. People with brains try like hell to avoid such things.

Right, who the hell wants to live longer and have healthier children. For that is exactly the case for the rest of the industrial nations that have universal health care.

I think its great he put his family and life first, but it was what 2-3 weeks ago that he was outed as the pick for surgeon general and a day or two after the o releases his plan he decides to back out.
The o has a family and even though he had said it will be great to get back to normal live after the campaign its far from normal still and hes just getting started ... guess he isnt all that smart.

Gupta would take a HUGE pay cut if he took the SG job. Also, since Daschle was dumped and not yet replaced and Obama has nominated two separate candidates to fill positions here, Gupta wasn't even sure who or how many he would be reporting to.

It's amazing to me how many nominees have withdrawn or have had to withdraw their names. So much corruption.

After Daschle withdrew his name because of tax problems, Obama subsequently nominated separate candidates for health secretary and health reform office director -- meaning Gupta could have had two different bosses with different sets of priorities.

"The parameters of the job were no longer clear and perhaps not as appealing," Farrell said. "I just think the ground shifted underneath Dr. Gupta."

Then there was the pay cut.

Gupta Withdraws Name From Consideration for Surgeon General - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Riehl World View: Why The O-Drop Outs Are Troubling

Why The O-Drop Outs Are Troubling

I'm having as much fun laughing at the number of people falling away from the Obama administration as everyone else is. Unfortunately there is a troubling side to all this.

It isn't uncommon for people in their situation to take cuts in pay, even put primo careers on hold for a chance like that. And given all the Obama hype, that should be even more of a factor this time out.

That so many are walking away is a sign of something else. It may be a combination of things. But something is very wrong in Obama-land and some number of would be insiders are figuring it out.

Yep. Another big government boondoggle/disaster. People with brains try like hell to avoid such things.

Bullshit. You didn't check out who attended did you? There were people from all the industries, ama, hmos, etc. I guess the doctros who attended had no brains.

Our current system is broken and part of the economic problem.

We can have a better system with better care for less money. I thought the right liked that kind of thing. Fuck the socialized medicine soundbite. It isn't.

I love Kay Bailey Hutchinson who said we don't need it now. Funny how she has one of the best medical plans in the nation.:eusa_liar:

Some form of universal healthcare will result from this effort.

Healthcare in the greatest nation on earth is a right not a privilege. Why should some folks have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet and still not be able to get coverage at work.

Using the 1% of malingerers to punish the rest who are working is typical compassionate conservative sound bite crap.

Bullshit. You didn't check out who attended did you? There were people from all the industries, ama, hmos, etc. I guess the doctros who attended had no brains.

We can have a better system with better care for less money. I thought the right liked that kind of thing. Fuck the socialized medicine soundbite. It isn't.

I love Kay Bailey Hutchinson who said we don't need it now. Funny how she has one of the best medical plans in the nation.:eusa_liar:

Healthcare in the greatest nation on earth is a right not a privilege. Why should some folks have to work multiple jobs to make ends meet and still not be able to get coverage at work.

Using the 1% of malingerers to punish the rest who are working is typical compassionate conservative sound bite crap.

Our current system wouldnt have half the problems it did if the government hadnt interfered in the industry to begin with. You cant continually make the health care system worse through government intervention and then whine about it being broken. You freaking caused it!

Healthcare is not a right. You do not have a right to the labor of someone else. That's slavery.

Our current system wouldnt have half the problems it did if the government hadnt interfered in the industry to begin with. You cant continually make the health care system worse through government intervention and then whine about it being broken. You freaking caused it!

Healthcare is not a right. You do not have a right to the labor of someone else. That's slavery.

No, that's caring for the sick.

Something everyone should do.

Forcing people to labor for another is slavery.

Government cannot take care of the sick. Government can't care for anyone. And even if it could, you sure as heck arent taking care of anyone by purposely making the system worse in order for you claim to have a problem you can fix later on.

Government isnt the answer to anything, it's the problem. Stop expecting the government to provide you with everything. Stop expecting the government to provide others with everything. Get off your lazy ass and help other people yourself instead of throwing oher peoples money at the sick to make them go away.

Government cannot take care of the sick. Government can't care for anyone. And even if it could, you sure as heck arent taking care of anyone by purposely making the system worse in order for you claim to have a problem you can fix later on.

Government isnt the answer to anything, it's the problem. Stop expecting the government to provide you with everything. Stop expecting the government to provide others with everything. Get off your lazy ass and help other people yourself instead of throwing oher peoples money at the sick to make them go away.

Such bullshit.

The opposite of government is anarchy, and we have seen the results of that on Wall Street in the last year.

Every Western democracy in the world has a single payer healthcare system and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Healthcare costs are killing American businesses. People like you are hurting America.

Such bullshit.

The opposite of government is anarchy, and we have seen the results of that on Wall Street in the last year.

Every Western democracy in the world has a single payer healthcare system and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Healthcare costs are killing American businesses. People like you are hurting America.

:iagree:

But you know... it's like talking to a wall... these people have made up their minds - based on no or incorrect knowledge and there is no talking to them... I tried, I gave up. Then I moved to Sweden ;) Ok, I didn't move to Sweden because of healthcare :D but at least now I'm not tearing my hair out trying to talk sense to any of the above-mentioned fools anymore.... that definitely increased my well-being. But I :salute: you for still trying... keep up the good work.

Neser, thanks.

Most of these people don't understand that there are things that the rest of the world does better than we do. We can learn a lot from other countries.

Neser, thanks.

Most of these people don't understand that there are things that the rest of the world does better than we do. We can learn a lot from other countries.

Why don't you move to one of them?

Such bullshit.

You are mistaken. Most of the larger democracies, such as Japan, Germany, France, Switzerland, have multi payer social insurance health insurance plans under which private insurance companies that are highly regulated provide health insurance for premiums that are annually negotiated with the government. Their per capita costs vary widely with Japan paying about 1/3 of what we pay and Switzerland paying about 2/3 of what we pay, but even these numbers are misleading since all of these countries limit how much drug companies can charge for each drug and we don't. If we were to eliminate the cost of drugs, we would probably see our costs and their costs coming much closer together.

And in short order there would be no more new drugs. Germany's pharmaceutical industry once a world leader now largely operates over seas rather than in Germany.

And Thalidomide babies were largely a result of government interference in the drug industry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back