A smart man

Okay Rocks ... let's look at cause and effect:

The government pushes huge numbers of regulations on the health industry as a whole. One such regulation is their own insurance for "malpractice" and such (most malpractice lawsuits are just disgruntled patients or greedy fucks trying to get free money). They have to pay this insurance so those companies can then set their own rates (often much more than they are worth) because of invented fears many have. However it doesn't stop there. The doctors then realize that the system can be taken advantage of, thus they pass the costs onto the patients anyway. Health insurance companies then get paid by doctors to include them on the list, another cost passed to the patient. Then doctors also notice that if people are scared of getting sick they will come more often, thus they get paid more often and can charge more to the insurance company (which passes that cost to everyone who has that insurance), so they make up a lot of "diseases" (like RLS *eye roll*). All the while drug companies then pay the doctors to "endorse" their medications over other brands, which the doctors pocket because they don't have to tell anyone about that. Now the drug company raises their costs to the patient (and thus the insurance company) to cover that, thus raising the insurance rates more.

What keeps the insurance companies from charging 1,000 a month? Because there are still a few honest ones that don't pass all the costs to policy holders, thus in order for them to keep collecting they have to lower their rates a little. The really funny thing (and I only covered a few regulations not even half of them) is that these regulations already enforced do nothing to protect the patients in any way, in reality most harm the patients (not just in the pocket book either). If you really think that consolidating them all into one company would drop rates you really don't know much about economics or inflation.

The government pushes huge numbers of regulations on the health industry as a whole. One such regulation is their own insurance for "malpractice" and such (most malpractice lawsuits are just disgruntled patients or greedy fucks trying to get free money). They have to pay this insurance so those companies can then set their own rates (often much more than they are worth) because of invented fears many have. However it doesn't stop there. The doctors then realize that the system can be taken advantage of, thus they pass the costs onto the patients anyway. Health insurance companies then get paid by doctors to include them on the list, another cost passed to the patient. Then doctors also notice that if people are scared of getting sick they will come more often, thus they get paid more often and can charge more to the insurance company (which passes that cost to everyone who has that insurance), so they make up a lot of "diseases" (like RLS *eye roll*). All the while drug companies then pay the doctors to "endorse" their medications over other brands, which the doctors pocket because they don't have to tell anyone about that. Now the drug company raises their costs to the patient (and thus the insurance company) to cover that, thus raising the insurance rates more.

What keeps the insurance companies from charging 1,000 a month? Because there are still a few honest ones that don't pass all the costs to policy holders, thus in order for them to keep collecting they have to lower their rates a little. The really funny thing (and I only covered a few regulations not even half of them) is that these regulations already enforced do nothing to protect the patients in any way, in reality most harm the patients (not just in the pocket book either). If you really think that consolidating them all into one company would drop rates you really don't know much about economics or inflation.

same fucking thing they did to the car industry but the idiot Democrats want more government.. idiots

same fucking thing they did to the car industry but the idiot Democrats want more government.. idiots

Willow,

Is there a reason that you must express yourself in such a vulgar way? Can you not simply post a comment without using foul, abusive, and profane language? I don't like it and I must remind you that youngsters visit this site.

Please clean up your act.

This is where your true colors show ... half of them were written by Republicans as well, but of course being much like Rocks you can't see that both sides are equally to blame.

75% of the people that are bankrupted by medical bills in this nation are have insurance. There is a family going bankrupt in the USA every 30 seconds because of medical bills. In other industrial nations the figure is zero. And zero for the whole year, as a matter of fact. And they pay, through their programs about half of what we do per capita. And have longer life spans with much lower infant mortality.

But then you are a typically compassionate Conservative, and would rather spend billions to kill in a war based on lies than spend that money for our own citizens.

I know you guys like to repeat yourselves over and over when you get your talking points. But pulling stats out of your ass and repeating them over and over dont make them true.

Let's look at your claim. Every 30 seconds a family is going bankrupt because of medical bills.

There are about 305,936,000 people in the United States.

Average family size is 3.14. So that would make about 9,743,185 families in the United States.

There are 2880, 30 second intervals in a day. If your claim is true then that many families are bankrupted by health expenses. Which means in 3383 days every family in the nation would be bankrupted. That's means in less than a decade, everyone will be bankrupt.

According to your claims there should be 1,051,200 families filing for bankrupt each year for health reasons alone. (Remember that's families. Individuals would be 3300768 people declaring bankrupcy for health bills.

From June 2007 - June 2008, a relatively high bankrupcy year, only 934,009 total bankrupcies were filed. That's including bankrupcy do to health expense and all other reasons combined. And it doesnt even equal the number of families who declared bankrupcy.

Your stat is a bunch of bullcrap. And as a typical liberal you blindly parot statistics intended to create a phoney crisis that's designed to shock and startle the emotions of people so you can pass your agenda which no sane person would even consider if they werent emotionally shocked. An agenda which is designed to do one thing: Concentrate power of our individual lives in the hands some buearacrat in Washington.

You try to make our lives hell be giving up our freedom, our higher standard of living, and becoming slaves to some machine in washington, but somehow you think thats compassionate. Screw your compassion. If your "compassion" means im some dependent slave, you can take it and shove it where the sun doesnt shine.

There is nothing compassion about giving politicians more power. There is nothing compassionate about taking away our freedom. There is nothing compassionate about making the health care system worse or telling people they are worthless without some hand out. There is nothing compassionate about being generous with the money of others.

Compassion involves sacrifice of one self. Not of others. It involves being personally involved in relieving suffering not abdicating your responsibility to some heartless government. Compassion has nothing to do with politics because compassion is something individuals can do, not governments.

You know absolutely nothing about the lives of the individuals you talk with on this board. Yet you have no problem calling them heartless because they have the audacity to think that your public policy preference is not something that will benefit this nation. Yeah, heaven forbid we disagree with you. We must be mean people. Because that's the only "rational" conclusion. Everyones heartless except you.

Thanks Avatar ... it's the same as when they try to say that "8 million people die of lung cancer per day" or another favorite of mine "1 million people are diagnosed with *such and such* every day". The numbers are just impossible.

This is where your true colors show ... half of them were written by Republicans as well, but of course being much like Rocks you can't see that both sides are equally to blame.

Kitten, I am for scrapping our entire system, and do as Taiwan did. Look that up. They only went to a Universal Health Care System in 1994. But their administrative cost is only 2%, less than a tenth of ours. And they cover all their citizens. Their method of putting together their own system is a case study of how to do things right.

Ironic that you should mention the car industry. Healthcare costs are one of the things that is hurting them worldwide. Toyota just recently located a plant in Canada because healthcare costs are cheaper there.

Ironic that you should mention the car industry. Healthcare costs are one of the things that is hurting them worldwide. Toyota just recently located a plant in Canada because healthcare costs are cheaper there.

Wouldnt be a problem for the car industry if the government got out of the way and the companies restructed and threw out the crappy Union deals.

I guess, a basic problem is that we all have a different idea of what a good lifestyle is... what is in the 'high quality of life'... For me, it's not being at risk of loosing EVERYTHING despite hard work due to such basic necessity as HEALTH - at least to me - is. Well, it's all up to you and all I can do is hope that you don't fuck yourselves and don't cause another global economic crisis.

GOOD LUCK.

Wouldnt be a problem for the car industry if the government got out of the way and the companies restructed and threw out the crappy Union deals.

I don't think you have to worry.

That's called bankruptcy.

Here's what would have happened to Sanjay Gupta if he had become the nation's next surgeon general:

$parking.gif

National Health Care is EVIL, National BANK care is RIGHTIOUS !

I know. And that's exacty what they need to be doing. Bankrupcy is designed specifically to allow them to restructure and stop hemoraging money. It makes unviable companies swamped with waste to viable organizations of efficiency.

I dont know why you guys seem to think that throwing money into a wasteful system somehow saves the system. It just wastes the money. And besides, we dont want to save a broken system. We want it to fix itself.

But of course, we wont see sane policy anytime soon.

I know. And that's exacty what they need to be doing. Bankrupcy is designed specifically to allow them to restructure and stop hemoraging money. It makes unviable companies swamped with waste to viable organizations of efficiency.

I dont know why you guys seem to think that throwing money into a wasteful system somehow saves the system. It just wastes the money. And besides, we dont want to save a broken system. We want it to fix itself.

But of course, we wont see sane policy anytime soon.

Our policy is pretty good right now.

We have an intelligent, engaged president who is trying to solve the greatest problems America has faced in 70 years.

And most of the solutions to our problems are progressive.

A single payer healthcare system will help our businesses including the car industry compete better worldwide. A switch to green energy will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, which is our greatest national security threat. A reduction in wasteful military spending and an increase in taxes on the wealthy will reduce our budget deficit. We are moving in the right direction at last. Thank God.

Chris.....BRAVO my son BRAVO!

I'm encouraged, indeed inspired to learn that there is a least two people posting that have BRAINS !

We have an intelligent, engaged president who is trying to solve the greatest problems America has faced in 70 years.

A single payer healthcare system will help our businesses including the car industry compete better worldwide. A switch to green energy will reduce our dependence on foreign oil, which is our greatest national security threat. A reduction in wasteful military spending and an increase in taxes on the wealthy will reduce our budget deficit. We are moving in the right direction at last. Thank God.

I'm encouraged, indeed inspired to learn that there is a least two people posting that have BRAINS !

These are the two guys that were actually pushed off that proverbial turnip truck. :lol:

These are the two guys that were actually pushed off that proverbial turnip truck. :lol:

Then the truck backed up and ran them over a couple of times.

Forum List

Back