A similarity between Muslims and left wingers

Is the "Innocence of Muslims" protected speech?

• Total voters
I think anyone that wants to make movies like the one in question have every right to.

I'll call it irresponsible though, because I think it is. We all know the Muslims go fucking whacky when this shit comes about, which is also retarded, but it is what it is.

The ones that want to criminalize insulting Islam.

Got any links to show that people in this country want to criminalize insulting Islam?

BTW...........I can show you several places where conservatives want to ban Islam all together.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/246657-when-freedom-of-speech-crosses-the-line.html

Yeah, they were wrong. Most "leftists" would not support this kind of thing.

There's no reason to ban free speech of this nature. Certainly not because there's a large group of spoiled little children that can't take an insult.

And here is another glaring similarity between Muslims and left wingers...

They both hate Christians. :thup:

Today's bible-thumping, Ayn Rand-ite, moral majority hypocrites are not "Christians".

They're anything but.

If Christ himself were around today, the first thing he'd do is bitch-slap Pat Robertson.

And here is another glaring similarity between Muslims and left wingers...

They both hate Christians. :thup:

you're wrong. I AM a Christian. I try to be the best Christian I can...which is why I side with the left more often than not. I don't hate my fellow Christians...I dislike their bigotry, hypocrisy and judgmentalism....but I certainly don't hate them. I love them like the brothers they are....Funny, I feel the same way about Muslims....even the "bad" ones....I dislike their bigotry, hypocrisy and judgmentalism...not to mention their cultural propensity for violence....Which is much more cultural than it is religious, whether you want to believe it or not.

If anything, the pseudo-religious zealotry, the absolutism and of course, the anger...places the radical side of Islam much more in line with our own far right. The difference is that our culture(domestically anyway) tends to frown upon organized violence against our own people and guests(Ambassadors, for example) of our country.

Which leftists want to silence free speech?

The ones that want to criminalize insulting Islam.

You are a fucking retard. Us liberals who give you shit about the shit you say about Islam are not wanting to criminalize insulting Islam.

I do my own insulting of Islam. It's a shitty religion just like Christianity. That doesn't mean I support the radical prejudices that some of their members face unfairly, or the dreamed violence against their entire religion for the actions of a violent few. I wouldn't support it happening to Christians either.

The Islamic protestors are using alleged insults toward Islam as an excuse to commit murder and acts of terrorism.

Much like left wingers use murder and terrorism as an excuse to silence free speech.

More emotional retardation on both sides.

Umm, "voter suppression" is the ultimate exercise in silencing "free speech".

I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that "left wingers" in general are represented by an anonymous message board poster.

Not to say that there aren't morons on my side (because there are many) - but I would go so far as to say that a majority of "left wingers" on this site (and in general) do not support criminalizing speech against Islam.

The Islamic protestors are using alleged insults toward Islam as an excuse to commit murder and acts of terrorism.

Much like left wingers use murder and terrorism as an excuse to silence free speech.

Thus, we have proof above the radical right has nothing coherent to offer.

Umm, "voter suppression" is the ultimate exercise in silencing "free speech".

Why are you bringing up those Black Panthers again?

You could compare that to Bush asking newspapers to not publish the Mo cartoons, but there is nothing from either the left or right asking it to be criminalized in either request.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that "left wingers" in general are represented by an anonymous message board poster.

Not to say that there aren't morons on my side (because there are many) - but I would go so far as to say that a majority of "left wingers" on this site (and in general) do not support criminalizing speech against Islam.

Did you read any of the thread I linked?

How about the Terry Jones thread?

Quite a few folks suggesting that the video is hate speech and therefore not protected, and that those responsible should face charges.

Please don't pull a Ravi and feign ignorance. :thup:

Did you read any of the thread I linked?

How about the Terry Jones thread?

Quite a few folks suggesting that the video is hate speech and therefore not protected, and that those responsible should face charges.

Please don't pull a Ravi and feign ignorance. :thup:

All of the posters who have said that are morons, and as a "left-winger", I don't like being grouped in with them. I'm not pretending that they don't exist, I'm saying that I think you're overestimating their numbers.

I think the "left-wingers" who don't support criminalizing any speech outweigh the few morons who do.

Forum List

Back