A similarity between Muslims and left wingers

Is the "Innocence of Muslims" protected speech?

• Total voters
I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim that "left wingers" in general are represented by an anonymous message board poster.

Not to say that there aren't morons on my side (because there are many) - but I would go so far as to say that a majority of "left wingers" on this site (and in general) do not support criminalizing speech against Islam.

Did you read any of the thread I linked?

How about the Terry Jones thread?

Quite a few folks suggesting that the video is hate speech and therefore not protected, and that those responsible should face charges.

Please don't pull a Ravi and feign ignorance. :thup:

All of the posters who have said that are morons, and as a "left-winger", I don't like being grouped in with them. I'm not pretending that they don't exist, I'm saying that I think you're overestimating their numbers.

I think the "left-wingers" who don't support criminalizing any speech outweigh the few morons who do.

OK. Fair enough.

And can I assume you disapprove equally of Ravi's broadbrushing of Republicans that this thread was originally intended to spoof? :eusa_whistle:

Regardless, let your voice be heard and vote in the poll.

Did they order them to do it? Did they pass a law prohibiting the video and prohibiting Google, etc from being made or being shown? I will say that being "asked" is pretty much like being ordered when that "asking" is coming from the big Uncle!

The US government tried to get a private company to suppress legal speech, and all you can do is pretend it is OK because you agree with the results.

I think anyone that wants to make movies like the one in question have every right to.

I'll call it irresponsible though, because I think it is. We all know the Muslims go fucking whacky when this shit comes about, which is also retarded, but it is what it is.

How does that make the video irresponsible?

Did they order them to do it? Did they pass a law prohibiting the video and prohibiting Google, etc from being made or being shown? I will say that being "asked" is pretty much like being ordered when that "asking" is coming from the big Uncle!

Try this concept on for size, the US government asking anyone not to publish something violates the Constitution of the United States.

I think anyone that wants to make movies like the one in question have every right to.

I'll call it irresponsible though, because I think it is. We all know the Muslims go fucking whacky when this shit comes about, which is also retarded, but it is what it is.

Because you know the video will provoke a response. Radicalized Muslims do this shit, and people know it... and then they act all surprised when radical Muslims react.

If you're out there intentionally doing this stuff to provoke Muslim response in the world, then you shouldn't be at all surprised when they kill people. It just increases your hatred of them, making you want to react in stronger ways(Quran burnings, whatever) and it prompts them to do more. And the reaction is a stronger call for retaliation against Muslims.

It's known to escalate and provoke shit in a cycle.

Because you know the video will provoke a response. Radicalized Muslims do this shit, and people know it... and then they act all surprised when radical Muslims react.

If you're out there intentionally doing this stuff to provoke Muslim response in the world, then you shouldn't be at all surprised when they kill people. It just increases your hatred of them, making you want to react in stronger ways(Quran burnings, whatever) and it prompts them to do more. And the reaction is a stronger call for retaliation against Muslims.

That makes the people that react to it irresponsible, the video is a video.

Yeah, it is a video. But what is the expected response?

It's like you trying to make a mocking Youtube video directed at Mexican cartel members and then being surprised that your entire family end up beheaded.

It's inviting disaster from people who love to act on this shit. "It's just a video." is not an appropriate response in some contexts.

Last edited:

It's like you trying to make a mocking Youtube video directed at Mexican cartel members and then being surprised that your entire family end up beheaded.

It's inviting disaster from people who love to act on this shit. "It's just a video." is not an appropriate response in some contexts.

Watching the video, I would expect the response to be laughter. Then again, I actually think with my brain, not my gonads. The really weird thing, even if the expected response was outrage, it is still not irresponsible to make it, the only irresponsible people in this equation are the ones that react with outrage and violence.

So going with your drug cartel analogy....is all of America responsible for an individual making a movie? It would seem so since they are pissed at ALL Americans for this and not just protesting for the death of one man.... The cartels at least would only kill the ones who did the offending.... and not using it as an excuse to want to kill everyone....

Its just a video is the absolute correct response. Its about free speech. If the muslims are so damn sensitive... maybe they should block all internet from their countries. Problem solved.

Watching the video, I would expect the response to be laughter. Then again, I actually think with my brain, not my gonads. The really weird thing, even if the expected response was outrage, it is still not irresponsible to make it, the only irresponsible people in this equation are the ones that react with outrage and violence.

You know, in a perfect world I'd agree with you. But we don't live in a perfect world. There are a great number more Muslim losers who can't take criticism of their stupid religion than there are Christians. Thankfully Christians for the most part have been cowed into nonviolence, at least on an individual level.

It's a ridiculous religion, along with its' brother religions Christianity and Islam. It should be able to made fun of, but you have to know that your jokes or vicious insults have a chance of igniting something that will haunt you.

You know, in a perfect world I'd agree with you. But we don't live in a perfect world. There are a great number more Muslim losers who can't take criticism of their stupid religion than there are Christians. Thankfully Christians for the most part have been cowed into nonviolence, at least on an individual level.

It's a ridiculous religion, along with its' brother religions Christianity and Islam. It should be able to made fun of, but you have to know that your jokes or vicious insults have a chance of igniting something that will haunt you.

You know, the only way the world will be perfect is if we make it that way. The way to do that is not to let people who have no sense control the way the rest of us live.

That makes you wrong, the video is not responsible for how people react to it.

The Islamic protestors are using alleged insults toward Islam as an excuse to commit murder and acts of terrorism.

Much like left wingers use murder and terrorism as an excuse to silence free speech.

More emotional retardation on both sides.

Sounds like manifold blew a head gasket.

Forum List

Back