A similarity between Muslims and left wingers

Is the "Innocence of Muslims" protected speech?

• Total voters
How does that make the video irresponsible?

Because you know the video will provoke a response. Radicalized Muslims do this shit, and people know it... and then they act all surprised when radical Muslims react.

If you're out there intentionally doing this stuff to provoke Muslim response in the world, then you shouldn't be at all surprised when they kill people. It just increases your hatred of them, making you want to react in stronger ways(Quran burnings, whatever) and it prompts them to do more. And the reaction is a stronger call for retaliation against Muslims.

It's known to escalate and provoke shit in a cycle.

That makes the people that react to it irresponsible, the video is a video.

EXACTLY. The blame for the mid-east protests/violence this last week ultimately lies with those who did the violence and no one else.

You could compare that to Bush asking newspapers to not publish the Mo cartoons, but there is nothing from either the left or right asking it to be criminalized in either request.

I already said this but I'll say it again, this applies doubly to Obama with his penchant for executive orders

Ask today, pass executive orders or look for legislation tommorrow..........semper vigilio
Obama isn't retarded.

Who said he was, why the red herring?

I would be interested to see the left's vote on what they think of this video of the Arab States on "Defamation of Religion" and how they want nothing less that Americans as well as the world to stop hurting their feelings about mohamed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poBZ2ZF0-GA]UN Watch Exposes Hypocrisy of Arab States on "Defamation of Religion" - YouTube[/ame]

Obama isn't retarded.

You seem to be implying that he is going to sign an executive order taking away someone's freedom of speech.

I'm not implying that I'm stating that he has passed many executive orders which have changed the rules/laws people operate under instead of going through congress so we should always be vigilant when someone who is the president is asking companies to do things against their rights under the first ammendment.

Obama does have a track record of skirting congress to get his way with things if/when he can via executive orders. I know you know this, do you really want me to post up a few (I can start with his executive order shutting down all oil production offshore during the BP spill)

You seem to be implying that he is going to sign an executive order taking away someone's freedom of speech.

I'm not implying that I'm stating that he has passed many executive orders which have changed the rules/laws people operate under instead of going through congress so we should always be vigilant when someone who is the president is asking companies to do things against their rights under the first ammendment.

Obama does have a track record of skirting congress to get his way with things if/when he can via executive orders. I know you know this, do you really want me to post up a few (I can start with his executive order shutting down all oil production offshore during the BP spill)
If you weren't implying it, why did you bring it up?

If you weren't implying it, why did you bring it up?

Circular argument time? Really? Go back and read my first post its very plain and simple.

Because you know the video will provoke a response. Radicalized Muslims do this shit, and people know it... and then they act all surprised when radical Muslims react.

If you're out there intentionally doing this stuff to provoke Muslim response in the world, then you shouldn't be at all surprised when they kill people. It just increases your hatred of them, making you want to react in stronger ways(Quran burnings, whatever) and it prompts them to do more. And the reaction is a stronger call for retaliation against Muslims.

It's known to escalate and provoke shit in a cycle.

That makes the people that react to it irresponsible, the video is a video.

Yeah, it is a video. But what is the expected response?

It's like you trying to make a mocking Youtube video directed at Mexican cartel members and then being surprised that your entire family end up beheaded.

It's inviting disaster from people who love to act on this shit. "It's just a video." is not an appropriate response in some contexts.

You really don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter what the expected response to the video is, what matters is that it is legal to mock anyone and anything. The people that made the video are not responsible for the response, if they were no one would ever make a horror movie because some people get scared and actually have heart attacks watching them. If we lived in a world where people that make moves were responsible for the reactions then anyone who makes a horror movie would be charged with murder if people die.

Stop being afraid, grow up.

You could compare that to Bush asking newspapers to not publish the Mo cartoons, but there is nothing from either the left or right asking it to be criminalized in either request.

I already said this but I'll say it again, this applies doubly to Obama with his penchant for executive orders

Ask today, pass executive orders or look for legislation tommorrow..........semper vigilio
Obama isn't retarded.

Quite true, he knows people like you will back him no matter what he does. That makes you retarded, not him.

Which leftists want to silence free speech?

All of them.... They've worked around the clock to get Glenn Beck off of the air. They've worked around the clock to get Sean Hannity off of the air. They've worked around the clock to get Rush Limbaugh off of the air. They've worked around the clock to silence Ann Coulter. They've worked around the clock to silence Michelle Malkin. Should I continue?

You know, in a perfect world I'd agree with you. But we don't live in a perfect world. There are a great number more Muslim losers who can't take criticism of their stupid religion than there are Christians. Thankfully Christians for the most part have been cowed into nonviolence, at least on an individual level.

It's a ridiculous religion, along with its' brother religions Christianity and Islam. It should be able to made fun of, but you have to know that your jokes or vicious insults have a chance of igniting something that will haunt you.

You know, the only way the world will be perfect is if we make it that way. The way to do that is not to let people who have no sense control the way the rest of us live.

That makes you wrong, the video is not responsible for how people react to it.

We don't have enough lives and money to spare to make the world perfect. It's never going to be perfect.

If you wanted things to be better, how about you change the fucking middle east policies you support that enflames the Muslim world?

And don't give me that "nothing we do will make them not want to kill us and dominate us under Sharia" bullshit. We have and have had peaceful relations with Islamic nations, and if we made a greater push towards doing that, we could have a real chance to enact societal change that could pacify Islam much in the same way Christianity has been pacified and cowed by being part of a more enlightened culture.

Cowman = Coward

Yeah, it is a video. But what is the expected response?

It's like you trying to make a mocking Youtube video directed at Mexican cartel members and then being surprised that your entire family end up beheaded.

It's inviting disaster from people who love to act on this shit. "It's just a video." is not an appropriate response in some contexts.

You really don't get it, do you? It doesn't matter what the expected response to the video is, what matters is that it is legal to mock anyone and anything. The people that made the video are not responsible for the response, if they were no one would ever make a horror movie because some people get scared and actually have heart attacks watching them. If we lived in a world where people that make moves were responsible for the reactions then anyone who makes a horror movie would be charged with murder if people die.

Stop being afraid, grow up.

Sad that you're completely ok with people being brutally slaughtered, but you're "outraged" at the video and what the "intent" of it was.... :cuckoo:

You don't get it! We have a RIGHT to free speech, and I wouldn't let my own government take that away - I'll be damned if I'm going to let muslim animals take it away from me. The truth is, you're so afraid of these people, you're outraged at anyone who stands up to them. You are the most pathetic form of sub-human garbage...

This is exactly why Cowman = Coward

Last edited:
I'll concede that most of the left wingers in question are far too chickenshit to come right out and say what they mean, but the clear indication in that thread and many others is that Terry Jones and the makers of the offending video need to be 'held accountable'.

What exactly is 'held accountable' supposed to mean? Criticized on the interwebs? :rofl:

Let me be clear then, the film sucked balls, but those asshole fanatics have every right to make it and post it for whomever wants to view it. The real fanatics are the ones out there rioting, killing and getting killed. Fuck um and fuck you too.

The Innocense of muslims was designed by the obama administration solely for use in the United States to cover up the reason for the riots in the middle east which are and always were about releasing Shiek Rahman.

That's why these protests never made any sense. The movie never made it to the middle east. The evil and failed obama regime needed a pablum excuse to cover up the real reason.

I'll concede that most of the left wingers in question are far too chickenshit to come right out and say what they mean, but the clear indication in that thread and many others is that Terry Jones and the makers of the offending video need to be 'held accountable'.

What exactly is 'held accountable' supposed to mean? Criticized on the interwebs? :rofl:

Let me be clear then, the film sucked balls, but those asshole fanatics have every right to make it and post it for whomever wants to view it. The real fanatics are the ones out there rioting, killing and getting killed. Fuck um and fuck you too.

My sentiments exactly. Well fuck me indeed! :thup:

Forum List

Back