A rush from Rush

What really pisses you off, is that I was powerful enough to do that. I didn't know my place. I should have sat and cowered in my office, right?

Wrong. You're damn right I fired them, and I would do it again.

Discriminating bigots like you don't piss me off...

I hope they sue you, though....

Termination for biased and discrimanatory reasons should not be tolerated in this country...

I terminated their employment because they were not sensitive to the needs of my business.

So you'd be cool with someone firing their painter if they found out they were gay, huh?

I had every right to fire them. I was conducting a counseling practice and they were blasting hate through the window when I had clients present.

They weren't going to get anymore of my money when they were costing me business. Period.

You didn't answer my question... Is it cool to fire someone because they're gay?

Besides, you could have asked them to turn down the radio... Instead, you opened yourself up to a discrimination lawsuit....

First of all, you assume I didn't ask them to turn down the radio. I did.

I had every right to fire them.

Did they leave or set fire to your car and loot the electronics store down the street?

Nope. They took their sorry selves elsewhere.

So you'd be cool with someone firing their painter if they found out they were gay, huh?

you realize that's not close to the same thing, right?

now i would never fire someone for listening to a radio show - at least not without a warning. and i wouldn't fire someone for listening to it on headphones.

but if it's playing - loudly - and you've asked them to change it and they refuse...

that's boot to ass time.

What really pisses you off, is that I was powerful enough to do that. I didn't know my place. I should have sat and cowered in my office, right?

Wrong. You're damn right I fired them, and I would do it again.

Termination for biased and discrimanatory reasons should not be tolerated in this country...

I terminated their employment because they were not sensitive to the needs of my business.

Would you have fired them for blasting Salsa Music, or would you have asked them to turn it down?

Here's what you said:
I fired my painting crew for blasting Rush and his "Feminazi" crap into my window.

Nope. They took their sorry selves elsewhere.

you realize that's not close to the same thing, right?

now i would never fire someone for listening to a radio show - at least not without a warning. and i wouldn't fire someone for listening to it on headphones.

but if it's playing - loudly - and you've asked them to change it and they refuse...

that's boot to ass time.

None of this additional information was posted in this:

I fired my painting crew for blasting Rush and his "Feminazi" crap into my window.

If she fired them for the content they listened to, it's discrimination....

If she fired them because they refused toturn down said radio content then it's different...

I don't believe her anyway, so no big whoop....

Would you have fired them for blasting Salsa Music, or would you have asked them to turn it down?

Here's what you said:

I'm in a black neighborhood, and I counsel lesbians. I'd asked them to turn it down, and they are right outside my window, close to my black neighbors house blasting racism and homophobia.

I would have fired them if they were blasting ANYTHING, but I was particularly offended by them blasting that kind of message into my window while I am attempting to counsel someone and keep good relations with my neighbors.

YOU, on the other hand, think THEY have a right to be paid for being assholes.

It would have been cool had it been Rachel Maddow though....:cuckoo:

Another example of liberals being open minded and tolerant.......

I'll be sure to fire any employee at my company for listening to anyone i disagree with to hear your faux outrage, maybe you can even report me to the hate crime police?..... :thup:

Last edited:

Here's what you said:

I'm in a black neighborhood, and I counsel lesbians. I'd asked them to turn it down, and they are right outside my window, close to my black neighbors house blasting racism and homophobia.

I would have fired them if they were blasting ANYTHING, but I was particularly offended by them blasting that kind of message into my window while I am attempting to counsel someone and keep good relations with my neighbors.

YOU, on the other hand, think THEY have a right to be paid for being assholes.

Are you dizzy from all the spinning you're doing?

I still think they should sue your ass... I am guessing your version of the events that took place differ from their version...

Might want to retain counsel just in case....

Do you understand the differance between an employee and a customer?

For those slow on the uptake, in a thread about Rush Limbaugh it would be silly to assume the subject of this post was the word "blasting", which is what the poster is now trying to spin it:

why should it have to be. certainly the content of rush's show played a part - and sky dancer has said as much.

when someone plays something controversial like that while working for you or your business it reflects on you. she didn't want that message associated with her business or played in her workplace.

that's all that should matter.

For those slow on the uptake, in a thread about Rush Limbaugh it would be silly to assume the subject of this post was the word "blasting", which is what the poster is now trying to spin it:

why should it have to be. certainly the content of rush's show played a part - and sky dancer has said as much.

when someone plays something controversial like that while working for you or your business it reflects on you. she didn't want that message associated with her business or played in her workplace.

that's all that should matter.

You're free to believe what you want...

You're free to believe what you want...
and you're free to believe that a contractor would have any form of redress against a client for losing a job because of not following the direction of that client.

it's a silly belief, but you're free to have it.

decrease in viewership by 30% in just six months will not impress his sponsers no matter how much you try to spin it.

Both him and Hannity being down sure sends a message , you just dont want to hear it.

What is NOT being said is this.... there are a shitload more conservative talkhosts to listen to now... that tells me that the ideals are strong. Rush just has more competition now.

Just one example...
Welcome to the Doug Urbanski Show

New guy, great show, and going strong!

Nice try dimwit.

decrease in viewership by 30% in just six months will not impress his sponsers no matter how much you try to spin it.

Both him and Hannity being down sure sends a message , you just dont want to hear it.

What is NOT being said is this.... there are a shitload more conservative talkhosts to listen to now... that tells me that the ideals are strong. Rush just has more competition now.

Just one example...
Welcome to the Doug Urbanski Show

New guy, great show, and going strong!

Nice try dimwit.

it would be interesting to see if overall listenership for conservative talk at a particular time bloc has fallen.

although i will point out that there is a marked difference in style (if not so much substance) between rush and your example of doug urbanksi - with rush being by far the nastier of the two.

and if listenership is moving from rush's nastiness over to the more civil hosts like urbanski... well, i'm for that.

Forum List

Back