A rush from Rush

I'm kind of hoping that truthmatters has not run away, and that she is actually 'researching' the topic. (I say 'researching' because google is not research).

I'm kind of hoping that truthmatters has not run away, and that she is actually 'researching' the topic. (I say 'researching' because google is not research).

But I still come away with the feeling Ive picked on a special Olympics participant.

Then quit "picking" on her and keep reminding yourself that you are trying to educate her. ;)

Immie

How does one educate someone who refuses to understand even basic English?

You have to have facts behind you to educate.

You people dont educate you berate

But I still come away with the feeling Ive picked on a special Olympics participant.

Then quit "picking" on her and keep reminding yourself that you are trying to educate her. ;)

Immie

But Immie I try not to exercise with futility.

You lied in your OP. How come everyone else has to have 'facts behind' them except you?

Several of us have showed you how dishonest you are. You refuse to accept even basic logic.

Immie

Then, I am sorry, you will just have to keep feeling guilty for picking on the mentally challenged. Until you can admit that you are really trying to accomplish something.

Immie

Immie

Then, I am sorry, you will just have to keep feeling guilty for picking on the mentally challenged. Until you can admit that you are really trying to accomplish something.

Immie

Youre right............

Packing my bags for guilt trip. Its a short flight though.

As long as I've been here, people have repeatedly tried to educate you. They have provided FACTUAL INFORMATION to counter your mindless emotional opinions hundreds of times per day. Still you continue to post ridiculous garbage gleaned from blogs and Huff Po opinion pieces as if it were factual.
You are constantly ridiculed and proven to be a partisan hack, yet you come back for more day after day.
Hundreds of people have tried and failed to educate you, TDM, all that's logically left, is to berate you.

As long as I've been here, people have repeatedly tried to educate you. They have provided FACTUAL INFORMATION to counter your mindless emotional opinions hundreds of times per day. Still you continue to post ridiculous garbage gleaned from blogs and Huff Po opinion pieces as if it were factual.
You are constantly ridiculed and proven to be a partisan hack, yet you come back for more day after day.
Hundreds of people have tried and failed to educate you, TDM, all that's logically left, is to berate you.

I think the funniest response from her, when challenged, was to ask 'does the article contain facts'? Well, clearly it did. It was the conclusions that were bogus, but as far as she was concerned, if it contained facts, then it was beyond dispute. :lol::lol:

TM please consider credibility. One way to measure that is to compare reputation power.
If we accept that the board is fairly evenly split between left and right leaning members, reputation power and the number of thanks one has received should be a fair measure of how well your posts are viewed by USMB members. Compare your rep to post ratio to California Girl's or Immy's, or mine, for that matter.
You insist that your positions are correct and credible, but, in the opinion of your peers, that is unsupported.

I think the funniest response from her, when challenged, was to ask 'does the article contain facts'? Well, clearly it did. It was the conclusions that were bogus, but as far as she was concerned, if it contained facts, then it was beyond dispute. :lol::lol:

I don't know if that response was the funniest . .. . . her "illegal citizens" quip was a hoot!

No problem, the smaller his audience gets the larger he says it is.

His audience shrank from 25 million to 15 million per week, but he claims he now has over 40 million a day. He has to claim his audience is growing as it shrinks because he has said that if his audience fell 20% he would take himself off the air.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

audience311.jpg

No problem, the smaller his audience gets the larger he says it is.

His audience shrank from 25 million to 15 million per week, but he claims he now has over 40 million a day. He has to claim his audience is growing as it shrinks because he has said that if his audience fell 20% he would take himself off the air.

April 16, 2010
RUSH: We figure in every 15 minutes of this program there are 5.2 million, maybe 5.5 million people listening. Over the course of the three hours it's 12 million, and then when you add up all the non-dupes over the course of the week, which is called a cume, it's about 20 to 25 million depending on vagaries of ratings books, PPM and so forth. But it's a large number.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

(Snipped for space)

But Truthmatters claims that it is because of failed ideas. Got anything to support that little gem?

The Sean Hannity Show was reported to be down 28% from its peak numbers in the fall.

Read more: Rush Limbaugh's Ratings Have Fallen 30% In The Last Six Months

Think about that TM. Why on earth would political comentators have peak ratings in the fall. It couldn't possibly be because of an election would it?

And would it seriously be surprising to see a decline from peak numbers in the time of year where elections aren't going on?

Do you ever stop to think that maybe the information you have can be interpreted differently or do you just assume it means what you want it to mean?

Rush Limbaugh said he wasn't gonna' "carry water for the Republicans anymore" after the 2008 elections but what does he say on air? "Gotta' vote for the Republicans". A caller said he was sucking up to the Repubs far too much and Rush replied: "I'm a TEA Party" guy!" which, seems like a bunch of b.s.

Rush is good at illustrating the differences between Liberal and Conservative but somewhere along the way he got co-opted by the Republican Party, which I wouldn't mind if he were just honest about it.

That's why I don't listen to Rush so much anymore.

Forum List

Back