A recent observation about the abortion debate

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I've held an anti-abortion sentiment way before ever actively engaging in the movement. Every time it came up (which admittedly was fairly uncommon up until trying to date a self-labelled pro-abortion woman), one of the single most common assertions I've seen is that we hate women and are overwhelmingly misogynistic old men. It was repeated so loudly and so often that I had started taking it for granted that we had few female members. Since learning to protect myself properly and becoming actively involved, one of the first things I noticed is the majority of women, both in leadership positions and the rank and file. I can think of five pro-life leaders off the top of my head but struggle to think of any men besides Daleiden. In fact, looking in at the other side of the discussion from the outside, I see a much more even representation between the genders, and possibly even a slight male majority. I just thought it was interesting how this particular talking point fell apart just by, well, paying attention.

Forum List

Back