A Question on why we should be wary of my daughter's doll?

o hell do you know how many rednecks i had to smack upside the head for saying..."that boys gonna be gay" cause he played with a doll?

people can be stupid....no matter the color or the culture
Actually, I don't think I would let me son play with dolls, white or black. Thank god he doesn't! I don't think that is a redneck thing or even homophobic thing, I think its a male thing.

I fully support gay marriage and gay rights. And for the most part I have no problem with them and even have know a few pretty well. With that said I would not want my son (or daughter) to be gay. That would be hard on me. I would love him the same and ALWAYS support him. But as a man you want straight children!
Keeping dolls away from boys makes them straight?

No! I never said it was rational thinking! :redface:

Actually, I don't think I would let me son play with dolls, white or black. Thank god he doesn't! I don't think that is a redneck thing or even homophobic thing, I think its a male thing.

Guys play with dolls all the time. What do you think those G.I. Joes are? Those Super Hero things? WWE Wrestlers, etc. Seems like it's a doll to me. How many people turn out gay because they played with these "dolls"?

You know what I meant by dolls start-ass. I ment more like barbies and its equivalent. Shit my son has a teddy bear, stuff animals etc. !

I fully support gay marriage and gay rights. And for the most part I have no problem with them and even have know a few pretty well. With that said I would not want my son (or daughter) to be gay. That would be hard on me. I would love him the same and ALWAYS support him. But as a man you want straight children!

Much to the dismay of several guys I've known, I was not turned gay by playing with my brothers' toys - BB guns, bikes, slingshots, army guys, etc.

Anyone who thinks that just because a boy plays with "girl toys" or a girl plays with "boy toys" is going to end up gay needs to look inside themselves and figure out why they think that.

Young children will play with anything they can get their grubby little hands on. They are simply investigating and exploring this big world the only way they can right now - by playing. Adults need to grow the heck up and let the kids learn. Stop projecting our own insecurities onto them. They're innocent.

I never said it would and YES its totally irrational, but all I can say is its a male thing! And probably my own insecurity or irrational fear! :redface:

Here is the scenario, my wife and I took my daughter to the store and she feel in love with a doll, so we decided to buy it for her with thinking about it. The doll was of a black child.

My wife had a black friend over and she stated this, "I don't care about, but to be careful in public with that, because many black people will take offense to it! She stated again she didn't care, but some black people think it will be offensive for a little white girl playing with a black doll?"

Now I ask, why they hell should it matter! Do whites gets made when a little black girl plays with a barbie? I mean its ridiculous. Charles Bass, please explain it to me from the racist black perspective!

If blacks in your area are anything like the ones where I live, they would definitely be offended. Many are racist and protective of their black race. Ask any black woman what they think about black men dating white women. You'll find many (perhaps as high as 50%) who do not like this 'interracial mixing'. This may not be PC, but it's reality.

I never said it would and YES its totally irrational, but all I can say is its a male thing! And probably my own insecurity or irrational fear! :redface:

Face your fears, GHook, let him play with a doll. :tongue:

He may even wrap it in a blanket, take care of it and call it his baby. You know what that shows? It shows that at a very young age, he is capable of thinking about and acting on consideration for others. It is a reflection of what he sees from his parents. That is a very good thing.

I will also tell you that I know men who had dolls when young and they turned out to be very manly men. ;)

It's bullshit. No black that I know has a problem with other races playing with black dolls unless they name the doll "tarbaby" or some other racial slur. Otherwise, tell you wife's friend to STFU.

When my boyfriend's nephew was about 3 he used to beg his mother to paint his nails when she was painting hers. She did even though her husband was convinced she was turning him gay. He's 20 now and obviously straight. The girls are all mad about him. I wouldn't worry if your son played with dolls. You might even give him him a complex if you made him stop.

Guys play with dolls all the time. What do you think those G.I. Joes are? Those Super Hero things? WWE Wrestlers, etc. Seems like it's a doll to me. How many people turn out gay because they played with these "dolls"?

They aren't dolls, they are Action Figures. :lol:

When my boyfriend's nephew was about 3 he used to beg his mother to paint his nails when she was painting hers. She did even though her husband was convinced she was turning him gay. He's 20 now and obviously straight. The girls are all mad about him. I wouldn't worry if your son played with dolls. You might even give him him a complex if you made him stop.

Playing with dolls increases cravings for penis.

o hell do you know how many rednecks i had to smack upside the head for saying..."that boys gonna be gay" cause he played with a doll?

Not me! I want lesbian daughters who won't get knocked up when their 16!

There's no sign proof that letting your son play with a baby doll, they will become gay. It's parenting skills. Did you not help in the care of your children? Well, it's modeling.

As for the color of a doll? Who cares... I grew up with dolls of all colors. If someone else has a problem with it, it's their problem not yours.

Children recognize differences in skin color from young ages and can identify and group people accordingly from at least the age of two. It's really not surprising if you're not an idiot.

Children recognize differences in skin color from young ages and can identify and group people accordingly from at least the age of two. It's really not surprising if you're not an idiot.

But they don't make assumptions on their personality by the color of the skin, it's really not surprising if you're an idiot.

Forum List

Back