A question I would like to ask Obama about his beliefs

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Do you believe that Christ rose from the dead on the third day after he was crucified?

And for the board ... how many people who call themselves Christians do not believe that Christ was resurrected and walked again among the people as described in the Bible?

Do you believe that Christ rose from the dead on the third day after he was crucified?

And for the board ... how many people who call themselves Christians do not believe that Christ was resurrected and walked again among the people as described in the Bible?

How many people who call themselves Christians believe in:

Feed the poor and they will breed.

Every man for himself.

Children from rape are "Gifts" from God.

Let him die.

Cut school lunch for children.

Corporations are people.

Because I know lots and lots of Republicans who believe those things. But somehow, they don't sound like things Jesus would believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone has ever asked him that specific question, but here's one about his faith.

Cathedral Age: How does faith play a role in your life?
President Obama: First and foremost, my Christian faith gives me a perspective and security that I don’t think I would have otherwise: That I am loved. That, at the end of the day, God is in control -- and my main responsibility is to love God with all of my heart, soul and mind, and to love my neighbor as myself. Now, I don’t always live up to that standard, but it is a standard I am always pursuing.
My faith is also a great source of comfort to me. I’ve said before that my faith has grown as president. This office tends to make a person pray more; and as President Lincoln once said, “I have been driven to my knees many times by the overwhelming conviction that I had no place else to go.”
Finally, I try to make sure that my faith informs how I live my life. As a husband, as a father, and as president, my faith helps me to keep my eyes on the prize and focus on what is good and truly important.

CA: Do you have favorite scriptural passages, prayers or other words of wisdom to which you often turn?

President Obama: I do have a few favorites. Isaiah 40:31 has been a great source of encouragement in my life, and I quote from it often. Psalm 46 is also important to me; I chose to read it on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Niebuhr’s serenity prayer is a good one as well.
I’ve also been blessed to receive a daily devotional from my faith advisor, Joshua duBois, who will send me Scripture or thoughts from people such as C.S. Lewis or Howard Thurman every morning.

Obama And Romney Faith Interview: Candidates Speak Openly About Religion

• Banned

Every man for himself.

Let him die.

Corporations are people.

Because I know lots and lots of Republicans who believe those things. But somehow, they don't sound like things Jesus would believe in.

^Off topic.

In case you don't know how to start your own thread, I'm sure one of the mods would be willing to talk you through the process.

:popcorn:

Every man for himself.

Let him die.

Corporations are people.

^Off topic.

In case you don't know how to start your own thread, I'm sure one of the mods would be willing to talk you through the process.

You yourself said, "how many people who call themselves Christians". Well, the truth is, there is more to being a Christian than just believing in one mystical incident. Trying to limit a conversation that covers so much to a single incident is much too controlling and, well, "limiting".

If you're a Christian, you believe it.

Why are you questioning his faith, anyway?

Oh, I guess you think he's a muslin. :lol:

If you're a Christian, you believe it.

Why are you questioning his faith, anyway?

Oh, I guess you think he's a muslin. :lol:

Which is very strange since Jews, Christians and Muslims all see Abraham as their "founder". Abraham didn't organize three religions.
And all three have many different sects.

Muslims:
Shiite
Sunni
Kurd
and so on

Christians:
Baptist
Protestant
Catholic
Evangelical
and so on

who cares?

I do. I am very interested in the question of whether there are an appreciable number of Christians who do not believe that Christ literally rose from the dead.

Last edited:

for what possible reason?

Do you never wonder how many people who call themselves Christian actually believe that Christ literally left his tomb under his own power two or three days after he was killed?

Whatever your answer, I do wonder. I don't need a reason to wonder. I just do. It's a pretty fantastical thing to believe in.

couldn't care less... but apparently you do since you've done multiple threads on it.

let us know if the president answers you.

for what possible reason?

Do you never wonder how many people who call themselves Christian actually believe that Christ literally left his tomb under his own power two or three days after he was killed?

Whatever your answer, I do wonder. I don't need a reason to wonder. I just do. It's a pretty fantastical thing to believe in.

couldn't care less... but apparently you do since you've done multiple threads on it.

let us know if the president answers you.

I've done multiple threads on it? I don't recall that. But okay. It's something I've thought about for some time, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd started another one on the subject.

Christ literally left his tomb ...

what would Christ be without his physiological form (body) ? because what is described is a Spirit that no longer requires a biological form to continue living and so why does the B refer to his wounds rather than to a glowing light?

yes, perhaps the last mortal to accomplish Remission - the only commandment of God was JC and no one else since that time.

there are no Christians till there is Remediation to the Injustice of year Zero.

You get one question to ask the president and you ask him about ridiculous fairy tale nonsense? I'm not sure what I'd ask a president but something along the lines of "why do you think the Joker is so mean to Batman" wouldn't even enter consideration

who cares?

I do. I am very interested in the question of whether there are an appreciable number of Christians who do not believe that Christ literally rose from the dead.

Perhaps.

But why do you believe this needs to be asked of Obama in particular?

As a partisan republican and opponent of the current Administration, it’s appropriate to question your motives.

The president may have won reelection but many on the right will continue to attempt to hobble Obama in an attempt to have his presidency perceived a ‘failure.’

Forum List

Back