A Question For The Evolution Supporters...

GotZoom said:
It's wrong because he said so.

See...you can say he is wrong but have to back it up with all kinds of proof - your opinion is meaningless.

But with him, if he says it is so..then it is so.

Get real man. I said it's wrong because it's wrong.

And I'm not looking for opinions here. I'm looking for facts.

Pale Rider said:
That would be closer than, "oh, it was just here already", because that is NOT true.
I didn't say "oh, it was just here already," I said that the origin or water is still unknown, scientifically. As I said, God could have very well created water, yet evolution could still be true. Do you disagree?

Pale Rider said:
Get real man. I said it's wrong because it's wrong.

And I'm not looking for opinions here. I'm looking for facts.
But it's not wrong. Having no answer can't be wrong.

The ClayTaurus said:
I didn't say "oh, it was just here already," I said that the origin or water is still unknown, scientifically. As I said, God could have very well created water, yet evolution could still be true. Do you disagree?

Now that's a good answer. But, there are several hypothesis on how water got here. I wanted to see how many the board could come up with, since I know of only one.

Although I don't believe in evolution, that does not mean it can't still be proven, at some point, to be true.

The ClayTaurus said:
I didn't say "oh, it was just here already," I said that the origin or water is still unknown, scientifically.

The ClayTaurus said:
But it's not wrong. Having no answer can't be wrong.

Got an answer... don't have an answer... which is it?

Pale Rider said:
So how did it get here?

I am not sure Pale, I am not saying that I completely agree with the theory. But it could be that water in the form of gas or ice is an element in the universe or at least our solar system.

How do meteorites get here?

TheClayTaurus said:
You could believe that God created the earth and all non-living matter, as well as one single organism that blossomed into life, yet still believe in evolution. Water works with evolution; it is not a product of it.
PaleRider said:
Wrong answer.
Then, 5 minutes later.
TheClayTaurus said:
I said that the origin or water is still unknown, scientifically. As I said, God could have very well created water, yet evolution could still be true.
PaleRider said:
Now that's a good answer.

MtnBiker said:
I am not sure Pale, I am not saying that I completely agree with the theory. But it could be that water in the form of gas or ice is an element in the universe or at least our solar system.

How do meteorites get here?

That's a good question. What if water, or the elements that combined to make water, are just constants? What if there is no origin? If that were true, then any number of theories as to how those constants swirled together and condensed on earth could be raised, including the one that's been cited. What if water, in it's purest elemental form, just always has been?

Going to go out on a limb here and say its from hydrogen combining with oxygen? Been a long time since I been in a science class :)

theHawk said:
Going to go out on a limb here and say its from hydrogen combining with oxygen? Been a long time since I been in a science class :)
Oh but where did the hydrogen and oxygen come from?

Water formed on this planet because the Ancients built a system of interstellar travel known as the 'Stargate'. Using this 'stargate', the Ancients brought water to this planet in an attempt to create a place to hide from the Goul'd - a race of parasite creatures who take over another being (called a host). These Goul'd pretend to be gods to under-developed societies - enslaving them.

It's tragic. :(

Pale Rider said:
Where did water come from?

Three possibilities now seem to be considered,
according to this link:

http://www.bioteach.ubc.ca/Biodiversity/origin/

(from the link):
The exact origin of water on Earth is unknown; however, it has been suggested that (1) water became available when the Earth cooled enough for water vapour to precipitate from the atmosphere. (2) Water has also been suggested to be derived from rocky material formed in the Earth’s region of the solar nebula or (3) delivered by comets.

Pale Rider said:
Where did water come from?

Water is formed from combustion of oxygen and hydrogen.

Oxygen is formed from thermonuclear processes at the centers of stars.

Hydrogen was the first element to form as the universe cooled after the Big Bang.

Hydrogen and Oxygen are each composed of protons, neutrons, and electrons.

Protons and neutrons each composed of quarks.

protons and neutrons formed from quarks as the universe cooled.

quarks and electrons formed from energy being converted into matter as the universe cooled.

All of the energy of the universe was concentrated at one point the instant before it exploded.

What happened "before" that, if "before" even has any meaning in this context, as time may be a property of the universe, is unknown. So obviously, we need to not teach our kids any science at all.

USViking said:
Three possibilities now seem to be considered,
according to this link:

http://www.bioteach.ubc.ca/Biodiversity/origin/

(from the link):

The exact origin of water on Earth is unknown; however, it has been suggested that (1) water became available when the Earth cooled enough for water vapour to precipitate from the atmosphere. (2) Water has also been suggested to be derived from rocky material formed in the Earth’s region of the solar nebula or (3) delivered by comets.

Thank you USViking. Give the man a cigar. The possibility I highlighted above from your research is the one I know of. I saw a two hour long program on the birth and life line of earth. Very, very interesting. And when they got to the part of how our atmosphere was formed, and how water got here, they said that water was probably deposited here by a massive meteor shower of mainly ice. That left me asking myself, if this meteor shower of ice chunks was huge enough to cover the earth to the extent that it did, then why doesn't the moon have an atmosphere and water as well. Why isn't the moon a mini earth? And to go one step further, why isn't there planets all over our galaxy that have water if there's these massive showers of ice meteors floating around? Why is the earth the only planet that we can find that has water? Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little ODD?

Pale Rider said:
Thank you USViking. Give the man a cigar. The possibility I highlighted above from your research is the one I know of. I saw a two hour long program on the birth and life line of earth. Very, very interesting. And when they got to the part of how our atmosphere was formed, and how water got here, they said that water was probably deposited here by a massive meteor shower of mainly ice. That left me asking myself, if this meteor shower of ice chunks was huge enough to cover the earth to the extent that it did, then why doesn't the moon have an atmosphere and water as well. Why isn't the moon a mini earth? And to go one step further, why isn't there planets all over our galaxy that have water if there's these massive showers of ice meteors floating around? Why is the earth the only planet that we can find that has water? Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little ODD?

Hadn't they discovered the remains of water on Mars? (That's not smarm, that's trying to remember if that's what I heard) It's possible that other planets did have water, but their proximity from the sun/other factors may have destroyed water's existence on that particular planet.

Pale Rider said:
That left me asking myself, if this meteor shower of ice chunks was huge enough to cover the earth to the extent that it did, then why doesn't the moon have an atmosphere and water as well. Why isn't the moon a mini earth? And to go one step further, why isn't there planets all over our galaxy that have water if there's these massive showers of ice meteors floating around? Why is the earth the only planet that we can find that has water? Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little ODD?

The Moon has about 1/6th the gravity of Earth - it cannot hold down an atmosphere. Because of this, the radiation from the Sun on the daylight side of the moon makes it very hot, causing any water which would land there to evaporate into space.

The intense heat present on Venus causes the water vapor to rise very high into the atmosphere where it is broken down by UV rays.

Mercury - same story as the moon.

Mars - has ice caps.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune - made mostly of hydrogen, any water would sink to the core where it is undetectable.

Pluto - know to have frozen water.

There you go.

SpidermanTuba said:
The Moon has about 1/6th the gravity of Earth - it cannot hold down an atmosphere. Because of this, the radiation from the Sun on the daylight side of the moon makes it very hot, causing any water which would land there to evaporate into space.

The intense heat present on Venus causes the water vapor to rise very high into the atmosphere where it is broken down by UV rays.

Mercury - same story as the moon.

Mars - has ice caps.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune - made mostly of hydrogen, any water would sink to the core where it is undetectable.

Pluto - know to have frozen water.

There you go.

Let me expand on my question a little bit then, even though you've answered well about "our solar system", but there's an entire GALAXY out there, MILLIONS of galaxy's, INFINITY actually. I STILL find it VERY PECULIAR that earth is the ONLY planet of it's kind, and what it is and HOW it got this way, is STILL surround in speculation.

Forum List

Back