A question for the anti-choice crowd.

Why do liberals claim to respect science while totally ignoring it when it comes to abortion?

So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies for daring to not do as you command them? And, the anti-choice crowd wonders why the rest of us perceive them as hating women….

It's not about mutilation. It's about responsibility and the consequences of choices. I adore women. I have no use for Feminists. Unfortunately we have far more of the latter than the former in this country.
Yes. You adore women...just so long as they remember their place, and do as they're told, right?
You mean like how feminist women adore "feminist" men?

Why do liberals claim to respect science while totally ignoring it when it comes to abortion?
We don't. Science says a fetus isn't a person yet, and they are often spontaneously aborted, and you sometimes have to induce abortion to save the health or life of the woman. That is the science, which you refuse to accept.

First of all, this isn't an anti-"choice" or pro-"choice" issue.

That's just a more palatable marketing ploy to make sucking a baby out through a tube a little less nauseating by those trying to sell it as something similar to picking out what shoes to wear in the morning.

Call it what it is at least, FFS.

We don't. Science says a fetus isn't a person yet, and they are often spontaneously aborted, and you sometimes have to induce abortion to save the health or life of the woman. That is the science, which you refuse to accept.
That is nothing more than the opinions of some scientists. There is no actual reason why a fetus can't be a person, especially when you can go to jail for killing a fetus.

Nonsense. Science says a near full term unborn baby is a living human being. Pro-aborts strenuously try to deny that.

Nonsense. Science says a near full term unborn baby is a living human being. Pro-aborts strenuously try to deny that.
Name one?

And it's a near full-term fetus. It has the name fetus for a reason. A nearly completed motorcycle is not an almost full-term car, it's a motorcycle.

That is nothing more than the opinions of some scientists. There is no actual reason why a fetus can't be a person, especially when you can go to jail for killing a fetus.
It could be a person, if we legally call it that, but it ain't a person as far as science is concerned. It's a fetus, that's why it has the funny name

And I would have no problem with your position if it were only "near full term" abortions that you wanted to limit. But, it isn't, is it?

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk.

Very simple...... the penalty for an abortion should be sterilization. We can discuss the specific type, but I'm in favor of complete removal of the ovaries.
So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies for daring to not do as you command them? And, the anti-choice crowd wonders why the rest of us perceive them as hating women…

Anyone who is irresponsible enough to get pregnant when they can't afford it or can't handle being a parent is an absolute detriment to society.

So judgmental, and so ignorant ^^^.

Name one?

And it's a near full-term fetus. It has the name fetus for a reason. A nearly completed motorcycle is not an almost full-term car, it's a motorcycle.
A child born at 8 months gestation is identical to his/her twin that is yet unborn. Yet pro-aborts would have you believe that something magical, ie, not biological, happens to make one a living human and the other, well, something else.

And I would have no problem with your position if it were only "near full term" abortions that you wanted to limit. But, it isn't, is it?

By the same token, pro-aborts don't REALLY want to just preserve abortion for rape and incest victims, do they? Yet, that is what we hear ad nauseum when we talk about wanting to protect minor girls, for example, from making hasty, permanent decisions driven by fear. At this point, I know our society will never accept a ban on abortion. That doesn't make me any less determined to find common ground and save as many lives as I can.

By the same token, pro-aborts don't REALLY want to just preserve abortion for rape and incest victims, do they? Yet, that is what we hear ad nauseum when we talk about wanting to protect minor girls, for example, from making hasty, permanent decisions driven by fear. At this point, I know our society will never accept a ban on abortion. That doesn't make me any less determined to find common ground and save as many lives as I can.

Not from me you don't. The "rape, incest, and health of the mother" bullshit are the anti-choice exceptions they always add to make taking the choice away from women more palatable. So, long as a fetus is non-viable, it is not a person, and is therefore the property of a pregnant woman.

However, you have again removed this argument to the abstract. Let's keep it grounded, shall we? Based on your position, what should be the punishment of the woman who chooses to have an abortion?

A child born at 8 months gestation is identical to his/her twin that is yet unborn.
No, it is not. For one thing it's about half the size, and has a much higher risk of death.

Week 35 pregnancy - Month 8 Fetal development information reflexes are coordinated baby is developing growing inside you over 35 weeks 8 months third trimester
If someone were to stick a pair of scissors into the born baby's head and suck the brain out through a hose, he would be prosecuted as a murderer, yes? If, however, someone were to pull the unborn twin (at the exact same stage of development) almost out of the womb and do the EXACT same thing, there would be no prosecution, yes? The difference in status is legal, not biological.

Not from me you don't. The "rape, incest, and health of the mother" bullshit are the anti-choice exceptions they always add to make taking the choice away from women more palatable. So, long as a fetus is non-viable, it is not a person, and is therefore the property of a pregnant woman.

However, you have again removed this argument to the abstract. Let's keep it grounded, shall we? Based on your position, what should be the punishment of the woman who chooses to have an abortion?

That has nothing to do with why and how liberals are anti-science when it comes to abortion.

Very simple...... the penalty for an abortion should be sterilization. We can discuss the specific type, but I'm in favor of complete removal of the ovaries.
So, you want to permanently mutilate women's bodies for daring to not do as you command them? And, the anti-choice crowd wonders why the rest of us perceive them as hating women…

Anyone who is irresponsible enough to get pregnant when they can't afford it or can't handle being a parent is an absolute detriment to society.

So judgmental, and so ignorant ^^^.
You ride the short bus, don't you?

It could be a person, if we legally call it that, but it ain't a person as far as science is concerned. It's a fetus, that's why it has the funny name
Can you really be this stupid?

The fetus has the "funny name" because it is a separate stage of development for HUMAN BEINGS.

Forum List

Back