a question for rock climbers?

why do you say that

Probably because he has never enjoyed the feeling of conquering ones fears and the sense of accomplishment that one gets when you have figured out a route to the top that no one else has ever done. He probably hates anyone who does anything active. He probably looks at the picture below and says to himself "wow, that looks really unpleasant, and cold" whereas we say to ourselves "wow, look how beautiful that is! I wonder what the other side looks like?"

kaweah31.JPG

why do you say that

Probably because he has never enjoyed the feeling of conquering ones fears and the sense of accomplishment that one gets when you have figured out a route to the top that no one else has ever done. He probably hates anyone who does anything active. He probably looks at the picture below and says to himself "wow, that looks really unpleasant, and cold" whereas we say to ourselves "wow, look how beautiful that is! I wonder what the other side looks like?"

kaweah31.JPG

I agree with everything you said here....but I would say " Look how beautiful that is...let's get a helicopter and fly to the top......"

I'm turning 60 on Monday...I think I've earned the right to act any way I please at this point! :dance::dance::dance:

i move like an old dog on a cold morning...simple as that....

most of the climbers i know are weirdly intelligent...

LOL I never claimed that climbers weren't a little weird, SB...I simply took offense at someone calling them "idiots". As for moving like an old dog? I'm a six Advil a day guy. That's from too many years of hockey.

why do you say that

kaweah31.JPG
No because they are idiots.
Ahhhh, projecting again, how cute.
You can go back out and play now. :thup:

I've never yet met a dumb climber. Some were ignorant of the political wheels at work in the world because they simply didn't care, but they have all been smart. Unlike our little politico. He seems to be a bit of a troll...

and the belayer will catch ya lol

i dont do the otc....the more you do them the more you need them....i am amazed at the parts of the body that can hurt lolol

I guess it's the free hand stuff that scares the crap out of me. I've done lots of stuff just for the thrill of it but that looks like complete insanity to me. But more power to folks who do it. Them are some cojones you guys got.
I have take insanely dangerous risks in my life, but, never for shit and giggles.

Unless there would be treasure at the top, I ain't climbing no damned cliff.

Ya'll have fun though.

I was watching a commercial with a rock climber climbing....I have a question. Is there always a way up?

No. There are many dead climbers that could attest to that reality if they could talk. One lesson my best friend's father, one of the original Seattle Mountaineers climbing club and veteran of the WWII mountain climbing division made clear is that there is no shame in turning around and going back down. Besides, rappelling is fun.

I think more climbers have died rappelling than from any other single cause. Most climbing deaths are simple mistakes brought on by either fatigue or overconfidence.
I would think stupidity would be #1.

I'm turning 60 on Monday...I think I've earned the right to act any way I please at this point! :dance::dance::dance:
It is called "late in the fourth quarter, with a slim lead and holding", or "Half-past giving a fuck".

These sixties are so much better than the first ones.

All in pacing oneself.

I love the fourth quarter of life.

So fuckin' cool to not give a shit!!

I've never yet met a dumb climber. Some were ignorant of the political wheels at work in the world because they simply didn't care, but they have all been smart. Unlike our little politico. He seems to be a bit of a troll...
Dumb in the common sense sense.

I see nothing positive in risking life and limb for shits and giggles, but, it is a semi-free country.

Forum List

Back