A Question For Mormons

I betcha I could find more flip flops from Mitt Romney, than you can find on me....

Maybe, but I bet you I can find more totalitarianism from you than from Mitt.

Okay, go for it.

Should I have to serve a homosexual customer in a bakery I own? I want to exercise my right to not associate with such a person.

I would expect you to respect our laws.

should the Jews have respected the Nazis laws? Should Indians have respected British laws? Should mlk Jr have respected southern laws?

when laws and governments are unjust, the righteous go to jail.
So why aren't there more mormons in jail for polygamy and child rape? Because you all realized it was wrong and stopped doing it? That's a good start. Now realize other mormon bs is wrong too and you'll be saved!

Okay, go for it.

Should I have to serve a homosexual customer in a bakery I own? I want to exercise my right to not associate with such a person.

should the Jews have respected the Nazis laws? Should Indians have respected British laws? Should mlk Jr have respected southern laws?

So why aren't there more mormons in jail for polygamy and child rape? Because you all realized it was wrong and stopped doing it? That's a good start. Now realize other mormon bs is wrong too and you'll be saved!

because we stopped the practice of plural marriage over a hundred years ago and never supported child rape.

why aren't you in jail for mass murder?

So Mormons only stopped the practice of polygamy because it's against the law? How many profits of God does the Mormon Church have? Joseph Smith died in 1844.
No they stopped it because God commanded it be stopped. Every President of the Church is a Prophet of God.

Is the president of the church elected?

no he is called by prophesy as Aaron was

Then, I'm curious to know, how does the President convince others he was called to be the President?

he doesn't have to convince anyone. When the president dies, the First Presidency is dissolved and leadership reverts to the quorum of the twelve. Upon which they retain power until the First Presidency is reorganized with the president of the twelve as the new president of the church.

essentially they are called by prophesy into the quorum of the twelve and outlive everyone else. It's how the Lord has revealed it. There is no politicking. No strife. It's a simple process.

if president Monson died today president packer would be the president. Elder Perry would be president of the twelve and no one would think twice about it.

Ok, but how do you know that President Packer would be the new President? And how does the Quorum know that President Perry would be the new President? Does God reveal that to all Mormons?

because we stopped the practice of plural marriage over a hundred years ago and never supported child rape.

Mass murder? Why?

Marrying underage girls is child rape, something the mormon church condoned until outlawed by the feds.

The vitriol and hate by the athiests and anti-religious types never ceases to surprise me. And the diversion from the main topic is certainly not new. At least SOME posters on this thread did their best to answer the questions posed in the OP.

I betcha I could find more flip flops from Mitt Romney, than you can find on me....

Okay, go for it.

What an ignorant comparison. You do realize that you're comparing the above to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which is in place to protect the minorities. Geez!

Okay, go for it.

What an ignorant comparison. You do realize that you're comparing the above to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which is in place to protect the minorities. Geez!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The problem here is that if you want to be nice to minorities then you don't get to rape my human rights to achieve that niceness. By nice yourself, but don't go all totalitarian on everyone else.

Mass murder? Why?

Marrying underage girls is child rape, something the mormon church condoned until outlawed by the feds.
Wrong as usual. Got any more lies?

Okay, go for it.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The problem here is that if you want to be nice to minorities then you don't get to rape my human rights to achieve that niceness. By nice yourself, but don't go all totalitarian on everyone else.

You can be as mean and nasty in your Jesus Cakes Bakery as you'd like. You can run your business into the ground, for all I care. But if you're going to discriminate, you might think about opening a private golf club instead. The road that leads to your White Jesus Bakery, was paid for by everyone, including minorities. You've had 50 years to get used to profiting from minorities, and if you can't get over yourself by now, maybe you should think about moving to another country. Idiot.

k5ZvTOZ.jpg

Last edited:
You can be as mean and nasty in your Jesus Cakes Bakery as you'd like.

Actually, no I can't. Your totalitarianism is impinging on my human rights. You're shoving your religion down my throat and I don't want to abide by your religious principles, I want to exercise my human rights. Get your jackboot off of my throat.

Actually, no I can't. Your totalitarianism is impinging on my human rights. You're shoving your religion down my throat and I don't want to abide by your religious principles, I want to exercise my human rights. Get your jackboot off of my throat.

Oh, you're full of kkkrap. You can be as hateful as you'd like.

No, I can't and you know I can't. You have a religious view to stamp out what you call hate and you're willing to run roughshod over human rights and impose your religious view on people in order to serve your greater good. You're no different than a Christian who co-opts the power of government to force you to be baptized in his Church in order to fulfill what he sees as a greater good. He's running over your human rights to freely exercise your own religious beliefs just as you're running over other peoples' rights to exercise free association.

Okay, go for it.

I'm getting the impression you have no clue what we are talking about.

You can be as mean and nasty in your Jesus Cakes Bakery as you'd like. You can run your business into the ground, for all I care. But if you're going to discriminate, you might think about opening a private golf club instead. The road that leads to your White Jesus Bakery, was paid for by everyone, including minorities. You've had 50 years to get used to profiting from minorities, and if you can't get over yourself by now, maybe you should think about moving to another country.

Correct. EVERYONE pays for police, fire protection, road maintenance, etc. that businesses benefit from. There is no more justification for arbitrarily refusing service to someone than for arbitrarily refusing to pay taxes (just try it). If you want to form a private club or religious organization, fine. But if you are open for business to the public, you are open for business to EVERYONE.

P.S. I don't like this new format.

No, I can't and you know I can't. You have a religious view to stamp out what you call hate and you're willing to run roughshod over human rights and impose your religious view on people in order to serve your greater good. You're no different than a Christian who co-opts the power of government to force you to be baptized in his Church in order to fulfill what he sees as a greater good. He's running over your human rights to freely exercise your own religious beliefs just as you're running over other peoples' rights to exercise free association.

Your accusation of this being my religion is straw-man kkkrap. When your business is on a road, paid for by everyone, then you do not get to discriminate. It is the law. I'm sorry you do not respect our laws. No one is stopping you from being your A-hole self, btw. I'm sure you've been one for a long time. I can't believe you're still crying over a 50 year old law. You're such a victim...poor you. You've just had it so rough.

If you want the law changed, get your a$$ out there and promote your fine ideas. I'm sure a few of your fellow RepubliKKKlowns will back you.

Last edited:
Okay, go for it.

I'm getting the impression you have no clue what we are talking about.

Funny, I got the impression that you've never had a clue.

You can be as mean and nasty in your Jesus Cakes Bakery as you'd like. You can run your business into the ground, for all I care. But if you're going to discriminate, you might think about opening a private golf club instead. The road that leads to your White Jesus Bakery, was paid for by everyone, including minorities. You've had 50 years to get used to profiting from minorities, and if you can't get over yourself by now, maybe you should think about moving to another country.

Correct. EVERYONE pays for police, fire protection, road maintenance, etc. that businesses benefit from. There is no more justification for arbitrarily refusing service to someone than for arbitrarily refusing to pay taxes (just try it). If you want to form a private club or religious organization, fine. But if you are open for business to the public, you are open for business to EVERYONE.

P.S. I don't like this new format.

Thank you! I think this thread proves we still need that law in place.

Last edited:
I see the hate-Mormons crowd showed up/

But, there were some interesting responses it was a pleasure to read.

The one about "living" hit the mark. They believe in holding their families together by eating meals together and participating in many family activities. Their individual churches are an extension of their families and they believe in helping one another in time of need. Someone loses a job, the entire community pitches in to help the family and to find another job.

No sucking up food stamps or drawing unemployment.

I will point out one negative - this infrastructure is designed only for those who "toe the line" and live the beliefs of the church.

My buddy lost his job and no one in his born again church helped him find a job. I saw him complaining about it on facebook.

Forum List

Back