A President and Church Attendance - does it matter to you?

Does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Depends on my personal left or right wing partisan views.

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

kwc57

BOHICA Obama
Jul 13, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Today's poll question, does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

Drudge headline - One Year Later, No Church... leads to this ABC News story.

President Obama's First Year: Keeping Faith in the White House - ABC News

Holy BlackBerry! Obama Finds Ways to Keep the Faith During First Year in Office
Has the First Family's D.C. Church Search Come to a Close?
By DEVIN DWYER
Jan. 29, 2010

If church attendance is one measure of a man's faith, then President Obama may appear to have lost some of his. The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.

The Obamas will start looking for a church community in Washington, D.C.Obama quit Chicago's embattled Trinity United Church of Christ months before taking office in 2008 and has not formally joined a new one in his new hometown.

But sources familiar with the president's personal life say Obama remains a faithful Christian while in the White House, practicing his beliefs regularly in private with family and the aid of his BlackBerry.

"Barack Obama is a Christian. He's always been clear and unapologetic about that, and he's comfortable with his own faith," Rev. Jim Wallis, an Obama friend and spiritual adviser, said. "But I think the president, particularly a president, needs the kind of pastoral care or spiritual counsel with people who don't have a political agenda. And it's hard for a president to get that." ..............................

Actually, I prefer someone who keeps an entirely secular bent in the office. His religion is a private family matter and has no place in the executive office.

I don't care if he goes to church once or every week during a term.. that does not make a president...

But WHAT church attended does mean a lot.... I would not be supportive of some whacked out church spewing hatred, lies about the country, or promoting bad acts.... or a cult... or other similar things

I have nothing good to say about President Obama but if he goes to church or if he does not go to church is really none of my business. Just my opinion though, he might benefit from some serious religious teaching - especially that thing I read about "Thou shall not bear false witness..."

Today's poll question, does the church attendance of a President matter to you?

Drudge headline - One Year Later, No Church... leads to this ABC News story.

President Obama's First Year: Keeping Faith in the White House - ABC News

Holy BlackBerry! Obama Finds Ways to Keep the Faith During First Year in Office
Has the First Family's D.C. Church Search Come to a Close?
By DEVIN DWYER
Jan. 29, 2010

If church attendance is one measure of a man's faith, then President Obama may appear to have lost some of his. The first family, once regular churchgoers, have publicly attended services in Washington just three times in the past year, by ABC News' count, even bypassing the pews on Christmas Day.

The Obamas will start looking for a church community in Washington, D.C.Obama quit Chicago's embattled Trinity United Church of Christ months before taking office in 2008 and has not formally joined a new one in his new hometown.

But sources familiar with the president's personal life say Obama remains a faithful Christian while in the White House, practicing his beliefs regularly in private with family and the aid of his BlackBerry.

"Barack Obama is a Christian. He's always been clear and unapologetic about that, and he's comfortable with his own faith," Rev. Jim Wallis, an Obama friend and spiritual adviser, said. "But I think the president, particularly a president, needs the kind of pastoral care or spiritual counsel with people who don't have a political agenda. And it's hard for a president to get that." ..............................

I dont care.

It is only an issue if they claim to be a god fearing Christian.

If they claim to be a good christian but do not go to church....

I just did.

I could care less and the same for everyone else. We debated this issue a couple months ago when someone made a ruckus about it. I pointed out a poll where something like 40-60% of all Christians attend church less than two times a year.

It is only an issue if they claim to be a god fearing Christian.

If they claim to be a good christian but do not go to church....

or support abortion......

or the death penalty........

see option 3 in the poll.

Or.......damn it i like the list so far and want to add more :D

Just so you know i'm openly anti-death penalty and anti-abortion except for rare instances with both. And I know this sentance will make no sense to you after the first one but i'm also pro-choice.

Wanna know how I reconcile that?

Last edited:
Bill only attended church when there was something going on he needed to show contrition for. I hated that.

I prefer 0bama not going than only going when he in trouble some how.

And the church he did go to, that was less a church than an Orwellian hate session.

Sincerity counts more than attendance with me.

or support abortion......

or the death penalty........

see option 3 in the poll.

Or.......damn it i like the list so far and want to add more :D

Just so you know i'm openly anti-death penalty and anti-abortion except for rare instances with both. And I know this sentance will make no sense to you after the first one but i'm also pro-choice.

Wanna know how I reconcile that?

Probably the same way I do, but feel free to share.

BTW, I am pro-death penalty, but do have some issues where the system has played fast and loose in an effort to get a conviction at any cost and imprisoned or put to death the wrong person.

I consider church attendance a silly boring ritual so I dont care if a president goes or not, I actually would prefer a president not go rather than attend a real crazy type church, religious nuts are dangerous and bad for the country.

Personally, I don't care what religion Obama professes to be or if he attends Church or not.

BUT

I do find it troubling how he uses "religion" as a strictly political tool.
Throughout his life he has been a "Church Going Man" only when it suited his political ambitions. He was a member of the crazy racist "Trinity" church for 20 years because that is "what you do" when you want to climb the rungs of Chicago's poltiical machine. SO, that is "what he did". Then, after it became apparent that the leftist lunatic Rev J Wright was a train-wreck that could derail his Presidential ambitions , he threw the Reverend under the bus and "quit" the racist "Trinity" church he was affiliated with for 20 years.

Now, the real truth comes out - he's not really a church goer at all! He uses "church" as a political tool, period. When he needs to look like a "church goer" he straps on his piety and drags Michelle and the children to Church for a photo-op. The rest of the time he's a secular progressive with no use for religion.

I don't like it when Republicans use religion as a tool either.....Just be what you are.

Forum List

Back