A Possible Solution: What do you think?

I was considering a solution for the immigration issue that has been brought up in several different discussions I have had over the years. The idea was to build a solid concrete wall to separate the U.S. and Mexico that spanned the entire border. Needless to say, this concept could have many supporters and many opponents.

On one hand, the wall would be seen as some as a powerful statement to outsiders that we would not tolerate illegal immigration into the country. The building of such a wall would generate jobs both in constructing and maintaining of said wall, and would also ease the job of the Border Patrol. Some would say that this would not only limit the number of illegal immigrants, but the flow of drugs and violent cartel members, which would potentially save American lives.

On the other hand, some would say that the wall would give the U.S. a negative image, as erecting a wall to keep out immigrants would go against the very principles that the country was founded upon, being a safe haven for immigrants of all backgrounds. They would also point out that the wall would have an astronomical price tag that the U.S., in its current state, could not afford, and even if the wall was erected, the immigrants would just try to find ways around the wall, which could put them in unnecessary danger resulting in injury or even death.

Both sides have their own arguments that people may support or oppose, though the pros and cons have managed to even out. I would like to see what everyone on this forum thinks about the idea. Do you support this idea or are you opposed to it? Why? What is your reasoning behind your stance. How would you defend your stance?

Thanks all.

Why not just build a canal? Fuck Dante and Panama. :D

I agree. A big, fat, concrete-lined canal.

I want it lined with concrete because of the location. It would prevent the dry ground from soaking up so much water.

Can you imagine the boost it would give to the cruise ship industry?

Hell, I'd love to take a ride through the Rio Grande Canal!

Forum List

Back