A new way to use food stamps

Food stamps shouldn't come with luxuries

Call me crazy, but if you're homeless, then a fridge and stove are pretty damn luxurious.

You seriously want to subsidize the homeless issue by offering them dining out with food stamps?

I don't see how this helps these people one bit. I want to see them work their way out of the situation. It's not a dead end for anyone. Plenty of people have dug themselves out of that hole, and plenty more still will. I don't get happy seeing them sitting at Applebees enjoying one fucking meal. I get happy when I see that they worked their way out of that situation and can afford to sit at Applebees whenever they want.

Food stamps don't stimulate the economy. Neither does unemployment. I'm continually astounded at the ignorance, in regards to basic economics, exuded by so many.

Umm food stamp mone virtually all goes into the grocery industry.
They would cut heads and such if the food stamp money ended.

Come on USC, I didn't think you were in that bunch. Food stamps are paid by the taxpayer in the form of taxes. Food stamps don't stimulate. You can fabricate a short term increase but long term is negated.

In other words, it's taking tax money, and putting it back into the hands of private ownership, and back into the free market. Okay wait, I'm lost. How does that fail to stimulate the economy?

You seriously want to subsidize the homeless issue by offering them dining out with food stamps?

I don't see how this helps these people one bit. I want to see them work their way out of the situation

Kind of hard to do when you have nothing to eat, dude.

Where do people like you get this notion that making it harder for people is helping them?

I don't see how this helps these people one bit. I want to see them work their way out of the situation

Where do people like you get this notion that making it harder for people is helping them?

where do you get off thinking it's okay to take money away from hard working wage earners and sending the homeless out to dine? show them the way to the nearest food kitchen. give the food kitchen the food stamps.

If homeless people weren't eating, then I'd be seeing a bunch of dead bodies all over the place when I walk through central park. Yet somehow, there they all still are...not dead. I've seen them come onto the subway, tell a story, and walk off the train with enough money to eat out the rest of the week. Don't tell me these people need my tax dollars to grab a 10 piece meal at KFC, because they don't.

When life gets tough, it pushes you to get tougher. Unless someone is giving you every reason not to.

where do you get off thinking it's okay to take money away from hard working wage earners and sending the homeless out to dine?

Well, better that, than taking money away from hard working wage earners and giving it to their parasitic bosses, which is what's been done over the past thirty years.

Besides, as you never tire of pointing out, most hard-working wage earners pay no income tax anyway, so this is mostly coming FROM those parasitic bosses.

Food stamps shouldn't come with luxuries

Call me crazy, but if you're homeless, then a fridge and stove are pretty damn luxurious.

I don't see how this helps these people one bit. I want to see them work their way out of the situation. It's not a dead end for anyone. Plenty of people have dug themselves out of that hole, and plenty more still will. I don't get happy seeing them sitting at Applebees enjoying one fucking meal. I get happy when I see that they worked their way out of that situation and can afford to sit at Applebees whenever they want.

People being hungry is not about whether or not YOU are happy. Feeding people helps them out. If you dont believe that you dont believe that humans need food. Stop being so dam stupid

Uh, dude, we're talking about food stamps for the homeless. What do you think the purpose of that is, if not to subsidize them? HELLO!!!! IS ANYBODY FUCKING HOME INSIDE THAT HOLLOW SHELL ATOP YOUR SHOULDERS!?!!??!1one!

I don't see how this helps these people one bit.

Really? Are you that stupid?

I want to see them work their way out of the situation.

Yes, and they will do that by....er, saving money? Okay, how can they save money? I know, let's give them food stamps so they don't starve to death in the meantime, and can save what money they might have.

It's not a dead end for anyone. Plenty of people have dug themselves out of that hole, and plenty more still will.

Largely with the aid of social programs.

I don't get happy seeing them sitting at Applebees enjoying one fucking meal. I get happy when I see that they worked their way out of that situation and can afford to sit at Applebees whenever they want.

You get happy seeing one person work their way out of the situation, while 10 more starved to death on the streets? What kind of sick bastard are you?

where do you get off thinking it's okay to take money away from hard working wage earners and sending the homeless out to dine?

Well, better that, than taking money away from hard working wage earners and giving it to their parasitic bosses, which is what's been done over the past thirty years.

Besides, as you never tire of pointing out, most hard-working wage earners pay no income tax anyway, so this is mostly coming FROM those parasitic bosses.

Really, ya think?

What you are saying is its a good idea becasue its someone elses money paying for it.

I hate to use movies as examples, but if you want a great example of how life getting harder can make someone tougher, watch the movie Pursuit of Happyness. It's a true story of how a guy with NOTHING scraped through the muck and mud of homeless life and became a success.

I hate to use movies as examples, but if you want a great example of how life getting harder can make someone tougher, watch the movie Pursuit of Happyness. It's a true story of how a guy with NOTHING scraped through the muck and mud of homeless life and became a success.

1. It's a DRAMATIZATION. The movie is not how the real story actually went.

2. Nothing in the movie, or in the real story, suggest that making things harder on someone is some kind of form of help. In fact, the movie indicates that he had a great deal of help and luck along the way which made the difference between getting there, and not getting there. Fail = you.

Uh, dude, we're talking about food stamps for the homeless. What do you think the purpose of that is, if not to subsidize them? HELLO!!!! IS ANYBODY FUCKING HOME INSIDE THAT HOLLOW SHELL ATOP YOUR SHOULDERS!?!!??!1one!

I don't see how this helps these people one bit.

Really? Are you that stupid?

Yes, and they will do that by....er, saving money? Okay, how can they save money? I know, let's give them food stamps so they don't starve to death in the meantime, and can save what money they might have.

It's not a dead end for anyone. Plenty of people have dug themselves out of that hole, and plenty more still will.

Largely with the aid of social programs.

I don't get happy seeing them sitting at Applebees enjoying one fucking meal. I get happy when I see that they worked their way out of that situation and can afford to sit at Applebees whenever they want.

You get happy seeing one person work their way out of the situation, while 10 more starved to death on the streets? What kind of sick bastard are you?

We're talking about DINING OUT with food stamps. I don't have a huge problem with the idea of food stamps in general. I've argued with the right on this board many times on that subject. It's a shame that the program has been manipulated and defrauded to where we can't have nice things anymore. I'm not 100% anti-welfare, I simply want to see the program worked so that people get the basics that they need to survive while they work their way out of it. What's the point in offering dining out at restaurants? Do you think this HELPS the issue of welfare? While I'd like to see every way possible be implemented to help get these people OFF welfare, you want to give them more reasons to ENJOY it. You can call me greedy, selfish, whatever, I don't really fucking care what some dude on the internet thinks of me.

2. Nothing in the movie, or in the real story, suggest that making things harder on someone is some kind of form of help. In fact, the movie indicates that he had a great deal of help and luck along the way which made the difference between getting there, and not getting there. Fail = you.

Everyone needs a little luck at some point or another. I started a successful business this past year that was predicated on being lucky to know a certain person. But I also started a separate business the year prior that had about the most BAD luck one can have in starting a business, and we kept strong and kept fighting and it's finally profiting now.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can. I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story. And I came from NOTHING. My parents had nothing, my father pissed away the family's income on a daily basis, and I've worked for every single thing I've ever had in life.

So don't give me the fucking bullshit about how people need everyone's help. I had NO ONE'S help, and I'm proud of it.

Everyone needs a little luck at some point or another. I started a successful business this past year that was predicated on being lucky to know a certain person. But I also started a separate business the year prior that had about the most BAD luck one can have in starting a business, and we kept strong and kept fighting and it's finally profiting now.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can. I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story. And I came from NOTHING. My parents had nothing, my father pissed away the family's income on a daily basis, and I've worked for every single thing I've ever had in life.

So don't give me the fucking bullshit about how people need everyone's help. I had NO ONE'S help, and I'm proud of it.

I too came from dirt poor farmers, I didn't have the bad luck of getting in trouble with the law, But I feel your pain Brother. I will add sometimes people do need help that's what government assistance is for just some help until they can do better.

I simply want to see the program worked so that people get the basics that they need to survive while they work their way out of it.

And how do you propose that we help the homeless in that way? You want them to buy groceries and take them home and cook them? Oh wait, that won't work, will it?

What's the point in offering dining out at restaurants?

So that homeless people can use food stamps to eat.

Do you think this HELPS the issue of welfare?

HOMELESSNESS! HOMELESSNESS! Did you watch the fucking video? No, obviously not, because you don't seem to get the fact that this is an issue about HOMELESS people being able to eat. Since you don't even know what the subject is about, shut the fuck up already!

While I'd like to see every way possible be implemented to help get these people OFF welfare

So go advocate for a better medical system that will improve mental health care problems in society that so often lead to homelessness, educational and training opportunities that will open up job opportunities for people, actual living wages, and expanded sex ed and family planning initiatives. All you've done here is advocating that homeless people should be left to starve.

you want to give them more reasons to ENJOY it.

Burn down your home, everything you have, every dollar you own, make yourself homeless, and see how much you enjoy being on food stamps.

Umm food stamp mone virtually all goes into the grocery industry.
They would cut heads and such if the food stamp money ended.

Come on USC, I didn't think you were in that bunch. Food stamps are paid by the taxpayer in the form of taxes. Food stamps don't stimulate. You can fabricate a short term increase but long term is negated.

In other words, it's taking tax money, and putting it back into the hands of private ownership, and back into the free market. Okay wait, I'm lost. How does that fail to stimulate the economy?

No, because several agencies are created and money is skimmed out of our tax dollars to pay for overhead so only a small fraction is doled out. I don't have any problem giving food to people who are in need. I have a problem with govt as the middle man.

food in restaurants is four times the cost of buying and preparing. great, now we're gonna piss em away in restaurants and then they'll be back complaining the don't last a whole month.

Where the fuck do you eat?

She must be talking about actual sit down restaurants like Red Lobster and Cheesecake Factory, not McDonalds and KFC.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can.

You just contradicted yourself. You just said that you were lucky to know certain people. You just said that everyone needs to get lucky every now and again. So no, not everyone can do it, according to you. You have to get lucky somewhere along the way, based on your testimony.

I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story.

Thank God we're not using tired cliches.

Forum List

Back