A new way to use food stamps

Funny I do not remember these people putting Bush's pic on food stamps and such.

Food stamp useage grew under Bush.

Food stamps have bought soda pops and such for many years. All the Dems fault?
Food stamps should be for unprepared food only.
And they used to be that way.

Bush didn't have a record 64 million Americans on food stamps when he was president either, if he did I bet they would have.

Funny I do not remember these people putting Bush's pic on food stamps and such.

President Bush was villified less than Obama? Oh please, do you really want to go there?

Without a question Bush was villified less by the right than Obama for doing the same things.

And obama is not vilified at all if any by the left.

Massages, fine dining, vacations. I'm amazed at the folks that use them now and trot out of the supermarket to their brand new SUV.....with the dvd player in the seat. I'm doing something wrong.

Bush didn't have a record 64 million Americans on food stamps when he was president either, if he did I bet they would have.

Not a record 64 million, but he set new records on foodstamp useage as well as Obama.
Btw the population is growing...

Since a lot of food stamps are received by homeless people who have no access to cooking facilities, this is actually a good idea.

I'm not sure why the right isn't embracing this. It's a state's right issue. It's a free market issue. And it would stimulate the economy. And as long as we apply personal responsibility, it doesn't really matter what people do with their food stamps. They still have the same budget. If they spend too much of their food stamps by eating out, which is more expensive, then they'll learn their lessons on their own when they go half the month starving with no way to eat.

Without a question Bush was villified less by the right than Obama for doing the same things.

bullshit! I think he stinks as bad as Bush did.
Or do you consider me a right winger?

OH so you equate yourself as the whole left and bam obama has been vilified? Dude come on. You know what you just said is total bullshit. You may feel it but your view does not represent the action of the left towards obama.

Since a lot of food stamps are received by homeless people who have no access to cooking facilities, this is actually a good idea.

that should be covered as a seperate issue.

I am not sure that homeless people can even get food stamps.
And address, etc is required.

OH so you equate yourself as the whole left and bam obama has been vilified? Dude come on. You know what you just said is total bullshit. You may feel it but your view does not represent the action of the left towards obama.

Translation: Only I get to say what the left thinks. :cuckoo:

that should be covered as a seperate issue.

I am not sure that homeless people can even get food stamps.
And address, etc is required.

Actually, being homeless usually gives you instant approval. Usually, you have to be accompanied by a case worker from a homeless shelter, or have a signed letter affirming your homeless status from such some kind of organization that works with the homeless, or something to that effect.

I'm not sure why the right isn't embracing this. It's a state's right issue. It's a free market issue. And it would stimulate the economy. And as long as we apply personal responsibility, it doesn't really matter what people do with their food stamps. They still have the same budget. If they spend too much of their food stamps by eating out, which is more expensive, then they'll learn their lessons on their own when they go half the month starving with no way to eat.

First of all, the "right" doesn't embrace states' rights. The only ones who truly embrace states' rights are libertarians. Every mainstream conservative RINO on this board has argued in one way or another for something that flies in the face of states' rights.

As far as dining out on food stamps, the point is that welfare programs should not incentivize someone to stay on welfare. Food stamps shouldn't come with luxuries, they should be considered a bare minimum temporary bridge to something better in your life. You should be seeing dining out as a goal to reach in your personal progression, not an entitlement.

I'm known to argue that food stamp recipients shouldn't be limited to what they can buy in the supermarket, but adding dining out privileges is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Yes this is how California does it

F
ood stamps for shelter residents: Homeless people can get food stamps even if they live in a shelter and get free meals there. [7 C.F.R. § 273.1(b)(7)(vi)(E); MPP §63-402.46.] A homeless person does not have to have any place to cook or store food to get food stamps. [7 C.F.R. § 273.3(a); MPP §63-402.46.]

72. Homeless persons’ rights in the food stamp program ~ California Food Stamp Guide

So they can eat a free meal at a shelter get food stamps trade them out at 10 for 1.00 value go buy a carton of smokes some beer and drugs if they choose too. What a fucking life.

What a crock.

Most food stamp recipients are white - elderly or children. George Bush was the REAL food stamp president. But, don't let facts stop you from trashing the president.

food in restaurants is four times the cost of buying and preparing. great, now we're gonna piss em away in restaurants and then they'll be back complaining the don't last a whole month.

More BS. Elderly and children poor won't be going to those restaurants. Instead, and sadly, they'll use them where they can get the biggest bang for their buck - McDonald's and other fat food places.

Your statement indicated 100% of left wingers would not villify Obama.
You did say "any".

When has the Left vilified obama?

First of all, the "right" doesn't embrace states' rights. The only ones who truly embrace states' rights are libertarians. Every mainstream conservative RINO on this board has argued in one way or another for something that flies in the face of states' rights.

As far as dining out on food stamps, the point is that welfare programs should not incentivize someone to stay on welfare. Food stamps shouldn't come with luxuries, they should be considered a bare minimum temporary bridge to something better in your life. You should be seeing dining out as a goal to reach in your personal progression, not an entitlement.

I'm known to argue that food stamp recipients shouldn't be limited to what they can buy in the supermarket, but adding dining out privileges is just ridiculous.

"luxuries"??? "dining out privileges"???

You people are completely out of touch with the real world. Why don't you stop listening to Noot's and foxNOTnew's LIES and educate yourselves?

When has the Left vilified obama?

Read my past posts on Obama being a third Bush term.
And my other gripes with Obama.

Your statement indicated 100% of left wingers would not villify Obama.
You did say "any".

They does not equate all they only implies a group. When I say all LIBERALS I WILL MEAN ALL LIBERALS.

This is being vilified so when has the left done this to obama?
Fast forward to 4:06 of the video
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6b1VOAATNk&list=FLrek-r6Y4lLacXbzj03BbBg&index=2&feature=plpp_video]A Trip Down Memory Lane - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back