A new way to use food stamps

I simply want to see the program worked so that people get the basics that they need to survive while they work their way out of it.

And how do you propose that we help the homeless in that way? You want them to buy groceries and take them home and cook them? Oh wait, that won't work, will it?

What's the point in offering dining out at restaurants?

So that homeless people can use food stamps to eat.

HOMELESSNESS! HOMELESSNESS! Did you watch the fucking video? No, obviously not, because you don't seem to get the fact that this is an issue about HOMELESS people being able to eat. Since you don't even know what the subject is about, shut the fuck up already!

While I'd like to see every way possible be implemented to help get these people OFF welfare

So go advocate for a better medical system that will improve mental health care problems in society that so often lead to homelessness, educational and training opportunities that will open up job opportunities for people, actual living wages, and expanded sex ed and family planning initiatives. All you've done here is advocating that homeless people should be left to starve.

you want to give them more reasons to ENJOY it.

Burn down your home, everything you have, every dollar you own, make yourself homeless, and see how much you enjoy being on food stamps.

Not for nothin but aren't there already soup kitchens that provide free breakfast, lunch and dinner for the homeless?

food in restaurants is four times the cost of buying and preparing. great, now we're gonna piss em away in restaurants and then they'll be back complaining the don't last a whole month.

Where the fuck do you eat?

She must be talking about actual sit down restaurants like Red Lobster and Cheesecake Factory, not McDonalds and KFC.

All the money she's saving from having yours and mine tax dollars pay for her health care, she's using at expensive restaurants.

I simply want to see the program worked so that people get the basics that they need to survive while they work their way out of it.

And how do you propose that we help the homeless in that way? You want them to buy groceries and take them home and cook them? Oh wait, that won't work, will it?

What's the point in offering dining out at restaurants?

So that homeless people can use food stamps to eat.

HOMELESSNESS! HOMELESSNESS! Did you watch the fucking video? No, obviously not, because you don't seem to get the fact that this is an issue about HOMELESS people being able to eat. Since you don't even know what the subject is about, shut the fuck up already!

While I'd like to see every way possible be implemented to help get these people OFF welfare

So go advocate for a better medical system that will improve mental health care problems in society that so often lead to homelessness, educational and training opportunities that will open up job opportunities for people, actual living wages, and expanded sex ed and family planning initiatives. All you've done here is advocating that homeless people should be left to starve.

you want to give them more reasons to ENJOY it.

Burn down your home, everything you have, every dollar you own, make yourself homeless, and see how much you enjoy being on food stamps.

You can't help people who don't want to change. Some homeless people could care less as long as they get some food they could care less about doing better. Thats cold but thats the plain simple facts. I know this because I have worked with people who live in homeless shelters.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can.

You just contradicted yourself. You just said that you were lucky to know certain people. You just said that everyone needs to get lucky every now and again. So no, not everyone can do it, according to you. You have to get lucky somewhere along the way, based on your testimony.

I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story.

Thank God we're not using tired cliches.

Paulie has plenty of credibility. I believe what he says. He's not using cliches.

She must be talking about actual sit down restaurants like Red Lobster and Cheesecake Factory, not McDonalds and KFC.

All the money she's saving from having yours and mine tax dollars pay for her health care, she's using at expensive restaurants.

you're a liar. flat out a liar.

We know that or at least I believe it to be a lie. In the middle is not so much into being in the middle on this subject.

It's okay willow. That post garnered me three times the pos rep of the neg you laid on me. :lol: Oh, completely off topic, but I really think that people who disallow PMs, should not be able to distribute rep.

It's okay willow. That post garnered me three times the pos rep of the neg you laid on me. :lol: Oh, completely off topic, but I really think that people who disallow PMs, should not be able to distribute rep.

too fucking bad what you think innit? whiner.

1. It's a DRAMATIZATION. The movie is not how the real story actually went.

2. Nothing in the movie, or in the real story, suggest that making things harder on someone is some kind of form of help. In fact, the movie indicates that he had a great deal of help and luck along the way which made the difference between getting there, and not getting there. Fail = you.

Everyone needs a little luck at some point or another. I started a successful business this past year that was predicated on being lucky to know a certain person. But I also started a separate business the year prior that had about the most BAD luck one can have in starting a business, and we kept strong and kept fighting and it's finally profiting now.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can. I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story. And I came from NOTHING. My parents had nothing, my father pissed away the family's income on a daily basis, and I've worked for every single thing I've ever had in life.

So don't give me the fucking bullshit about how people need everyone's help. I had NO ONE'S help, and I'm proud of it.

I too came from dirt poor farmers, I didn't have the bad luck of getting in trouble with the law, But I feel your pain Brother. I will add sometimes people do need help that's what government assistance is for just some help until they can do better.

I'm probably one of the biggest friends from the right side, to welfare advocates. It's one of the last areas where I'd cut spending right now. I recognize that people need help. But I'll never advocate a program that offers zero incentive to progress out of. Welfare is so cushy nowadays that you can literally support a fun lifestyle on it. I can fully understand why someone would rather live on welfare than work hard to not have to. Who the fuck wants to bust their ass for hardly anything when you can sleep in everyday and get just as much if not more?

The point isn't that welfare should be done away with, it's that it should be completely restructured so that it's a stepping stone to something better. If we keep upgrading what welfare offers, people are never going to get off of it.

Everyone needs a little luck at some point or another. I started a successful business this past year that was predicated on being lucky to know a certain person. But I also started a separate business the year prior that had about the most BAD luck one can have in starting a business, and we kept strong and kept fighting and it's finally profiting now.

I've always hated this cliche', but if I can do it, anyone can. I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story. And I came from NOTHING. My parents had nothing, my father pissed away the family's income on a daily basis, and I've worked for every single thing I've ever had in life.

So don't give me the fucking bullshit about how people need everyone's help. I had NO ONE'S help, and I'm proud of it.

I too came from dirt poor farmers, I didn't have the bad luck of getting in trouble with the law, But I feel your pain Brother. I will add sometimes people do need help that's what government assistance is for just some help until they can do better.

I'm probably one of the biggest friends from the right side, to welfare advocates. It's one of the last areas where I'd cut spending right now. I recognize that people need help. But I'll never advocate a program that offers zero incentive to progress out of. Welfare is so cushy nowadays that you can literally support a fun lifestyle on it. I can fully understand why someone would rather live on welfare than work hard to not have to. Who the fuck wants to bust their ass for hardly anything when you can sleep in everyday and get just as much if not more?

The point isn't that welfare should be done away with, it's that it should be completely restructured so that it's a stepping stone to something better. If we keep upgrading what welfare offers, people are never going to get off of it.

Dang! Paulie!

"A hand up. Not a hand out."

You just contradicted yourself. You just said that you were lucky to know certain people. You just said that everyone needs to get lucky every now and again. So no, not everyone can do it, according to you. You have to get lucky somewhere along the way, based on your testimony.

I was a go nowhere loser for the first 25 years of my life. I fucked up, got in trouble with the law, did my time, and now I'm a success story.

You need to read the post again because I presented both sides of the coin. In one instance, I relied on luck, and in the other instance I not only DIDN'T have good luck, but I had to constantly overcome BAD luck. I could have quit and cut my losses but I didn't and now I have my perseverance to thank for it.

As far as the homeless needing to eat, they eat. Again, if they weren't, then when I take a walk down the mean streets of Manhattan or Atlantic City, I'd be seeing dead bums all over the place. How come I'm not?

Look willow paid into the system it's her money to do with as she chooses. Welfare on the other hand is not which she isn't part of.

You need to read the post again because I presented both sides of the coin. In one instance, I relied on luck, and in the other instance I not only DIDN'T have good luck, but I had to constantly overcome BAD luck. I could have quit and cut my losses but I didn't and now I have my perseverance to thank for it.

As far as the homeless needing to eat, they eat. Again, if they weren't, then when I take a walk down the mean streets of Manhattan or Atlantic City, I'd be seeing dead bums all over the place. How come I'm not?

Probably because those homeless guys are all eating for free in the soup kitchens down town?

Welfare is so cushy nowadays that you can literally support a fun lifestyle on it.

Okay, then go for it. See how cushy you actually find it.

My business partner's brother in law makes an entire living off welfare. He gets his rent paid on a decent apartment, plenty of food, his car is paid for, he has a gym membership, takes trips to Saudi Arabia every year for his Hajj (he's a converted muslim), drives a decent car, the works. The guy doesn't fucking work a single hour.

I have friends who work 60 hours a week who can't say the same.

That's fucking pathetic, my man.

How many times I have been behind people on food stamps also paying for beer and cigs. They cant afford food but they got their essentials

Welfare is so cushy nowadays that you can literally support a fun lifestyle on it.

Okay, then go for it. See how cushy you actually find it.

I have been to the grocery store waiting in line I see women with these manicured long nails talking on the latest new cell phone, wearing nice expensive looking clothes, swiping those government cards. and yes you can tell that it is a food stamps card. Oh and when they leave with their buggy full of groceries they get into a nice car some even drive SUV's. Not all look like or drive that but some do.

Forum List

Back