A new bill in New York requires hairstylists to be trained in all hair textures

A better idea is to give students a choice

If they want to only do white hair take Course A

If they only want to do black hair take Course B
I wouldn’t have an issue with that but I don’t think they should be called a professional hairstylist of that’s the case. A true professional should be able to work with all types of hair. Maybe call them
A salon associate or something.

I wouldn’t have an issue with that but I don’t think they should be called a professional hairstylist of that’s the case. A true professional should be able to work with all types of hair. Maybe call them
A salon associate or something.
We live in an age of specialization

Such as the medical profession

Is there a supposed issue with this? What’s wrong with someone who wants to be a licensed hair stylist to be familiar with all types of hair? Why would anyone be against this ?
You want to micro braid horse manes? Then stitch them into barely hair?

That's a whole different thing than regular hair cutting.

I don't go to the black dude hair shop.

That's a lie, I do, but it's just to see my friend.

I ain't goin' there for no haircuts. I don't need no fade. If I did, he'd be the man to give it to me.

But he knows and I know, that I ain't doin' that. Pshht! :auiqs.jpg:

Naw, naw. I'll go and and listen to 'em bullshit for a while til my boy gets off and then we'll go get some beer and talk

about the old times and catch up on what's been goin' on. My cracker ass ain't goin' in there fer no haircuts.

:nono: He could probably do a Bucs sign in the side of my head if I wanted that. He's good.

That ain't got nothin' to do with how things are though. If I go to the black dude hair shop, they know who I am and why I'm there.

Other dudes I know come in to get their hair cut, and there's jokes, and somehow everybody knows I ain't in line. :auiqs.jpg:

Last edited:
Education under coercion isn't education. At best, and the only excuse for this nonsense is to get more money out of cosmetology students.
You’re using words either you don’t understand or purposefully misusing for dramatic effect. Either way it’s. A king you look like an idiot. There is no excuse needed for making a hairstylist a better trained individual to be licensed by the state

You’re using words either you don’t understand or purposefully misusing for dramatic effect. Either way it’s. A king you look like an idiot. There is no excuse needed for making a hairstylist a better trained individual to be licensed by the state
Not even close.

If someone wants to learn how to style negroid hair they can study, train and test for that. What they propose is just a vehicle for blacks to sue white hairstylists.

If someone wants to learn how to style negroid hair they can study, train and test for that. What they propose is just a vehicle for blacks to sue white hairstylists.
If someone doesn’t want to comply with the license requirements they can cut Karens hair in their kitchen instead of being a well educated hairstylist. They are free to make that choice.

Forum List

Back