A MUST READ from Rob Goldman of Facebook re: Russian story which MSM refused to report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Each and every day we see how complicit and un-American these news networks are becoming. It's beyond absurd at this point.

All of these from Twitter, Trump re-tweeted one himself and I copy and pasted the string of posts he made, bold is mine obviously:

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
Very excited to see the Mueller indictment today. We shared Russian ads with Congress, Mueller and the American people to help the public understand how the Russians abused our system. Still, there are keys facts about the Russian actions that are still not well understood.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
Most of the coverage of Russian meddling involves their attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 US election. I have seen all of the Russian ads and I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election. We shared that fact, but very few outlets have covered it because it doesn’t align with the main media narrative of Tump and the election.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective 21h21 hours ago
The main goal of the Russian propaganda and misinformation effort is to divide America by using our institutions, like free speech and social media, against us. It has stoked fear and hatred amongst Americans. It is working incredibly well. We are quite divided as a nation.

The single best demonstration of Russia's true motives is the Houston anti-islamic protest. Americans were literally puppeted into the streets by trolls who organized both the sides of protest.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
The Russian campaign is ongoing. Just last week saw news that Russian spies attempted to sell a fake video of Trump with a hooker to the NSA. US officials cut off the deal because they were wary of being entangled in a Russian plot to create discord.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
There are easy ways to fight this. Disinformation is ineffective against a well educated citizenry. Finland, Sweden and Holland have all taught digital literacy and critical thinking about misinformation to great effect.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective 8h8 hours ago
We are also taking aggressive steps to prevent this sort of meddling in the future by requiring verification of political advertisers and by making all ads on the platform visible to anyone who cares to examine them.

Each and every day we see how complicit and un-American these news networks are becoming. It's beyond absurd at this point.

All of these from Twitter, Trump re-tweeted one himself and I copy and pasted the string of posts he made, bold is mine obviously:

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
Very excited to see the Mueller indictment today. We shared Russian ads with Congress, Mueller and the American people to help the public understand how the Russians abused our system. Still, there are keys facts about the Russian actions that are still not well understood.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
Most of the coverage of Russian meddling involves their attempt to effect the outcome of the 2016 US election. I have seen all of the Russian ads and I can say very definitively that swaying the election was *NOT* the main goal.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
The majority of the Russian ad spend happened AFTER the election. We shared that fact, but very few outlets have covered it because it doesn’t align with the main media narrative of Tump and the election.

The main goal of the Russian propaganda and misinformation effort is to divide America by using our institutions, like free speech and social media, against us. It has stoked fear and hatred amongst Americans. It is working incredibly well. We are quite divided as a nation.

The single best demonstration of Russia's true motives is the Houston anti-islamic protest. Americans were literally puppeted into the streets by trolls who organized both the sides of protest.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
The Russian campaign is ongoing. Just last week saw news that Russian spies attempted to sell a fake video of Trump with a hooker to the NSA. US officials cut off the deal because they were wary of being entangled in a Russian plot to create discord.

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective
There are easy ways to fight this. Disinformation is ineffective against a well educated citizenry. Finland, Sweden and Holland have all taught digital literacy and critical thinking about misinformation to great effect.

We are also taking aggressive steps to prevent this sort of meddling in the future by requiring verification of political advertisers and by making all ads on the platform visible to anyone who cares to examine them.
He looks Russian:

ukhi1Op4_400x400.jpg

stream_img.jpg

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective

Rob Goldman‏ @robjective

He looks Russian:

ukhi1Op4_400x400.jpg

stream_img.jpg
He certainly looks like he could kick your ass.

While that may be true of Russian ads, it was not true of Russian content:

https://www.justice.gov/file/1035477/download (P. 14)

"34. Defendants and their co-conspirators also created thematic group pages on social media sites, particularly on the social media platforms Facebook and Instagram.

"ORGANIZATION controlled pages addressed a range of issues, including: immigration (with group names including 'Secured Borders'); the Black Lives Matter movement (with group names including 'Blacktivist'); religion (with group names including 'United Muslims of America' and 'Army of Jesus'); and certain geographic regions within the United States (with group names including 'South United' and 'Heart of Texas').

"By 2016, the size of many ORGANIZATION-controlled groups had grown to hundreds of thousands of online followers."

Forum List

Back