A morning to remember why

Remembrance Photo Gallery
» Download the Macromedia Plug-in
» Small Images 1.8MB (Download times: 4.5 min. over 56K / 8.73 min. over 28.8K)
» Large Images 2.68 MB (Download time: 6.38 min. over 56K / 12.4 min. over 28.8K)
» HTML Version

"As we observe this solemn day in U.S. history -- the fifth anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks -- we as a nation remember the thousands of lives lost and the people whose lives were changed forever. We also honor the heroism of all first responders including fire fighters, law enforcement and emergency medical services, and our citizens who responded selflessly in the face of terror. "
David Paulison, FEMA Director

A Nation Recovers
Read stories about those involved in the recovery effort following September 11th.
» Download the free Acrobat® Reader and WinZip to access the downloadable PDF version of "A Nation Remembers, A Nation Recovers" (ZIP, 1MB)

Your Comments
» Share your comments five years later
» Your comments one year later
» What the world had to say after September 11th

FEMA: September 11th Remembrance Gallery

FEMA: A Nation Remembers, A Nation Recovers

"If half the money spent on war had been spent to mitigate the reasons we were attacked on Sept. 11th, the world would and our country would be a safer and saner place."

Seriously insane evil assholes attack for insane reasons. Mitigation ineffective.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfZcj0Hgi8&feature=related]Dan Fogelberg ~ Wandering Shepherd - YouTube[/ame]
Dan Fogelberg ~ Wandering Shepherd

35.jpg

34.jpg

37.jpg

44.jpg

Shit on you bud. Two million soldiers have volunteered to go and fight this filth on their turf. These two million believed in what they were doing and we honor those who have died there. so fuck you right back.

Did you enlist?

I looked into re-enlisting. I was turned down. But I still serve, doing what I can.......

My question was posed to Willow Tree, not you or others I know and or understand from their posts that they enlisted. Chickenhawks make me ill.

I was hoping that the OP would have had a thread remembering 9-11 and not making it a political gamesmanship. Too much to ask :eusa_whistle:

Remembering, but with perspective. 3,000 or so people from dozens of nations died on Sept. 11; our response was emotional and has cost many times that number around the world. At least half again as many young Americans have been killed in a war of choice and many, too many more, have been horribly and permanently wounded.

When we are hit again, and we will be, I hope our leaders on both sides of the aisle act reasonably. The horror of Sept. 11th lives on everyday for the families who lost loved ones in NYC, PA and DC; and for those who lost loved ones in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If half the money spent on war had been spent to mitigate the reasons we were attacked on Sept. 11th, the world would and our country would be a safer and saner place.
Osama said convert or die !! that is the reason we were attacked along with our support for Israel !!

Shit on you bud. Two million soldiers have volunteered to go and fight this filth on their turf. These two million believed in what they were doing and we honor those who have died there. so fuck you right back.

Did you enlist?

thats not what his thread said
The one thing the media as well as the libs who are against these events after 9-11 is that 2 million kids as I do think we were doing the right thing?

I did try to get a job with halliburton, I was to old to join
Those 2 million kids believed in what we were doing
God bless them
your not supporting that will not change that

I don't believe our response to 9-11 has benefited our county nor protected us from further harm. My opinon does not mean I'm not a real American, nor a patriot. The response to Sept. 11th was wrongheaded on many levels; it was an emotional response to a horrible tragedy not rational or well planned.

9-11-2001
why are we at war ?
Even Obama with all of his promises knew that the absolute destruction of the 2 most radical groups in this world was something that we had to do
May god be with all of the people who gave there lives or lost there lives in the last 10 years
OBL is gone along with most of his lead group
Saddam is at room temp.

what else was we suppose to do?

Let us pray these sacrifices have prevented another attack on our home land as well as saving lives of another million that Saddam was resp. for killing during his reign of terror

God bless

One thing we can say about this...Bush told the truth that day when he said we were going to get them...we did get them...most of them..the job isn't done yet, but I am not sure that it is worth what it has cost...had we all known the price would we do it again?

Intense, I did not really want to wander into this thread for the precise reason of what one of your posts is...of the destruction that day..it is firmly engrained in my head..I really didn't need the pictures to remind me...my son went to Afghanistan and did his tour of duty disarming IED's on the roadside..he was just 11 when the attacks happened on 9-11 and turned 21 in August. posting positive stuff is what we should do not posting the destruction from that day.

"If half the money spent on war had been spent to mitigate the reasons we were attacked on Sept. 11th, the world would and our country would be a safer and saner place."

Seriously insane evil assholes attack for insane reasons. Mitigation ineffective.

They do. Why make ourselves a target? Do you think the divisive and hateful rhetoric of some of our 'leaders' and many who post on message boards which can be read all over the world help?

Mitigation can be effective; what we have done is made the "seriously insane assholes" heros to young, poor and repressed men throughout the ME and Africa, and provided the assholes a recruitment tool.

Intense, I did not really want to wander into this thread for the precise reason of what one of your posts is...of the destruction that day..it is firmly engrained in my head..I really didn't need the pictures to remind me...my son went to Afghanistan and did his tour of duty disarming IED's on the roadside..he was just 11 when the attacks happened on 9-11 and turned 21 in August. posting positive stuff is what we should do not posting the destruction from that day.

I think it's needed. There are a lot of people that would like to forget that it ever happened. These pics show that there is real evil in this world....we can't ever forget that, and that it can happen on out soil.

We each start by speaking for ourselves. I did carefully choose what I Posted, to not be too graphic. I prefer to remember and Honor, than to sit here turning the Thread into a Political Bash Fest. I thank your son for his service.

I think it's needed. There are a lot of people that would like to forget that it ever happened. These pics show that there is real evil in this world....we can't ever forget that, and that it can happen on out soil.

It isn't needed..the reason no one, even if they would like to, can forget the images from that day..they were repeated and repeated for years after the fact. I still close my eyes and see them...I don't need the actual pictures to remind me...I spent the past year seeing them, closing my eyes at night and having nightmares about my son coming home in a box with a flag on top...he is safe, but it doesn't change the hell that I personally went through over 9-11 I certainly don't need reminders.

They do. Why make ourselves a target? Do you think the divisive and hateful rhetoric of some of our 'leaders' and many who post on message boards which can be read all over the world help?

Mitigation can be effective; what we have done is made the "seriously insane assholes" heros to young, poor and repressed men throughout the ME and Africa, and provided the assholes a recruitment tool.

Seems they were there long before we ever got involved...remember the Israeli athletes at the Olympics. There are fanatics in this world and they really don't need an excuse.

If not this means, any other would have done. Your argument is flawed.

It isn't needed..the reason no one, even if they would like to, can forget the images from that day..they were repeated and repeated for years after the fact. I still close my eyes and see them...I don't need the actual pictures to remind me...I spent the past year seeing them, closing my eyes at night and having nightmares about my son coming home in a box with a flag on top...he is safe, but it doesn't change the hell that I personally went through over 9-11 I certainly don't need reminders.

We all have personal opinions about this, and you certainly have and right and a justifiable one to feel the way you do. My opinion is different than yours...that's okay.
My hats off to your son and his mission, Xchel.

This is the 10th Anniversary. There are other Threads. Whether it is needed or not is beyond You or I to say.

Forum List

Back