A morning to remember why

We acted reasonably in 1993. And we got 9/11/2001. We cannot reason with people who are beyond reason. We cannot build peace with those who do not want peace.

The 1993 and 2001 attacks were not because of our support of 'Israel' (as OBL claimed). If it had been, then why attack 86 countries? Why not just the US? You glibly whine about 'mitigating the reasons'... you would prefer we sacrifice our freedom to placate those who hate us for those freedoms. Fuck you. You are not an American. That is not our way.

Oh grow up. We acted reasonably in '93 because it does no good to act unreasonable. As for my status as an American, child, I enlisted in the US Navy in 1967 during a time of war (as it turns out another unnecessary war which cost the lives of a number of guys I served with and went to school with). Bums, like you and the Cheney's, and nearly every signer of the PNAC never served, never but themselves or their kids into harms way. See their names, here:

Statement of Principles

Save your "fuck you's" for someone who cares, I don't give a damn what phonys and faux patriots like you believe.

Shit on you bud. Two million soldiers have volunteered to go and fight this filth on their turf. These two million believed in what they were doing and we honor those who have died there. so fuck you right back.

Did you enlist?

We acted reasonably in 1993. And we got 9/11/2001. We cannot reason with people who are beyond reason. We cannot build peace with those who do not want peace.

The 1993 and 2001 attacks were not because of our support of 'Israel' (as OBL claimed). If it had been, then why attack 86 countries? Why not just the US? You glibly whine about 'mitigating the reasons'... you would prefer we sacrifice our freedom to placate those who hate us for those freedoms. Fuck you. You are not an American. That is not our way.

Oh grow up. We acted reasonably in '93 because it does no good to act unreasonable. As for my status as an American, child, I enlisted in the US Navy in 1967 during a time of war (as it turns out another unnecessary war which cost the lives of a number of guys I served with and went to school with). Bums, like you and the Cheney's, and nearly every signer of the PNAC never served, never but themselves or their kids into harms way. See their names, here:

Statement of Principles

Save your "fuck you's" for someone who cares, I don't give a damn what phonys and faux patriots like you believe.

Shit on you bud. Two million soldiers have volunteered to go and fight this filth on their turf. These two million believed in what they were doing and we honor those who have died there. so fuck you right back.

what do you want to see happen to the muslims in this world who make up 1/5 of the worlds population?

Statement of Principles

Did you enlist?

I looked into re-enlisting. I was turned down. But I still serve, doing what I can.......

While we are remembering. Let's get some perspective:

We were attacked first in 1993 (with a Democrat in the White House - for those of you who want to 'blame Bush')

We tried 'reason' and a 'proportional response'.

We were attacked again on 9/11/2001 (with a Republican in the White House)

We responded.... with force.

The "reason" for the attacks - according to Osama Bin Laden himself - was the US support of Israel.

Despite what anyone's opinion is of Iraq and Afghanistan.... the world has a message now: We will not let terrorist attacks on US soil go unpunished. Better message than the first time around. Maybe if we had reacted with brute fucking force in 1993, we would not be mourning the loss of 2,977 people today.

And, while we're remembering them... remember this.... 86 countries lost citizens that day. It was an attack on Western Society - not the United States alone.

Exactly CG, and if some of those people who object to why we went to war would have been in New York, Wahsington DC or PA and saw how our citizens were murdered, even many having to jump from an 86th floor building, they might change their tune.

We must always remember those who died, make sure that their faces are never erased from our memories, and continue to remember what we lost that day.

The following link is somewhat long, and very emotional. But as we all watched it unfold wherever we were, this is what we saw, what we felt. And why we are resolved to never let this happen again. The following link has pictures audio from news outlets, audio from bystander as well as a recording from a woman stuck in one of the building to her husband, to say her goodbyes to him.and expressing her love.

http://911digitalarchive.org/REPOSITORY/MISC_COLLECTIONS/america_attacked/ATTACK.SWF

Why do we "celebreate" this day? EVERY YEAR? We celebrate our defeat? Our lowest point since Pearl Harbor?

We're in 2 wars, thousands dead. Yet what do we have to show? Freedom is stripped away for the fallacy of "safety".

Remember where you were, and remember the lives lost. But don't celebrate.........

Moved. I don't care to mix this with politics

Last edited:

Statement of Principles

Did you enlist?

thats not what his thread said
The one thing the media as well as the libs who are against these events after 9-11 is that 2 million kids as I do think we were doing the right thing?

I did try to get a job with halliburton, I was to old to join
Those 2 million kids believed in what we were doing
God bless them
your not supporting that will not change that

Statement of Principles

what do you want to see happen to the muslims in this world who make up 1/5 of the worlds population?

The acknowledgement of Unalienable Right's, concerning Each of Us, not just those Subservient to Them. :) That would be a nice Foundation. People are not Property. Equal Justice for All. are good building blocks from there. ;)

I will never forget being out and seeing the faces of all our people, they were all terrorized that day. I have never in my life experienced hearing a bustling city so quiet, people were not talking, everywhere I went, businesses had radios and tvs on.

I drove on a highway that airplanes go over a week later and even 2 weeks later. As a plane would be decending, all the cars on the highway would slow down to almost a stop. We were ALL terrorized. Something deep within all of us was stolen that day.

Statement of Principles

Did you enlist?

No

While we are remembering. Let's get some perspective:

We were attacked first in 1993 (with a Democrat in the White House - for those of you who want to 'blame Bush')

We tried 'reason' and a 'proportional response'.

We were attacked again on 9/11/2001 (with a Republican in the White House)

We responded.... with force.

The "reason" for the attacks - according to Osama Bin Laden himself - was the US support of Israel.

Despite what anyone's opinion is of Iraq and Afghanistan.... the world has a message now: We will not let terrorist attacks on US soil go unpunished. Better message than the first time around. Maybe if we had reacted with brute fucking force in 1993, we would not be mourning the loss of 2,977 people today.

And, while we're remembering them... remember this.... 86 countries lost citizens that day. It was an attack on Western Society - not the United States alone.

Exactly CG, and if some of those people who object to why we went to war would have been in New York, Wahsington DC or PA and saw how our citizens were murdered, even many having to jump from an 86th floor building, they might change their tune.

We must always remember those who died, make sure that their faces are never erased from our memories, and continue to remember what we lost that day.

The following link is somewhat long, and very emotional. But as we all watched it unfold wherever we were, this is what we saw, what we felt. And why we are resolved to never let this happen again. The following link has pictures audio from news outlets, audio from bystander as well as a recording from a woman stuck in one of the building to her husband, to say her goodbyes to him.and expressing her love.

http://911digitalarchive.org/REPOSITORY/MISC_COLLECTIONS/america_attacked/ATTACK.SWF

the very theme of the thread
never forget

Did you enlist?

thats not what his thread said
The one thing the media as well as the libs who are against these events after 9-11 is that 2 million kids as I do think we were doing the right thing?

I did try to get a job with halliburton, I was to old to join
Those 2 million kids believed in what we were doing
God bless them
your not supporting that will not change that

And it was just libs that were agaisnt what happened after 9/11? Sounds rather myopic.

The acknowledgement of Unalienable Right's, concerning Each of Us, not just those Subservient to Them. :) That would be a nice Foundation. People are not Property. Equal Justice for All. are good building blocks from there. ;)

There were Muslims working in the Twin Towers when they were attacked. They were not the terrorists but people working for their daily bread.

How about we get the politics out of this thread, and keep it out. This is not the time or place for that.

Watching A&E this morning put everything into perspective.

It also let me know how much we've changed since 9/11 and the months that followed.

Back then we were together.

Now we've let the left and outsiders talk us into being a divided nation.

They've rationalized everything to the point where some of us feel it never happened, some of us feel we deserved it, and some of us wish it would happen again just to teach us another lesson.

Why do we "celebreate" this day? EVERY YEAR? We celebrate our defeat? Our lowest point since Pearl Harbor?

We're in 2 wars, thousands dead. Yet what do we have to show? Freedom is stripped away for the fallacy of "safety".

Remember where you were, and remember the lives lost. But don't celebrate.........

Sorry, but I must celebrate 10 yrs. of serious terrorist ass-kicking. I thank God and American young folks that we still face intemidation with defiance instead of the pathetic whimper some prefer.

God bless America!!!

It is NOT celebrated you doofus, it is REMEMBERED.

If we forget the happenings and all we lost that day. We are likely to allow a slumber and go fast asleep again, therefore allowing it to happen again.

There were Muslims working in the Twin Towers when they were attacked. They were not the terrorists but people working for their daily bread.

Is there a point you are trying to make? Make it.

For the record the Jihadist's consider Muslim Victims acceptable losses, collateral damage, Martyr's.

I will never forget being out and seeing the faces of all our people, they were all terrorized that day. I have never in my life experienced hearing a bustling city so quiet, people were not talking, everywhere I went, businesses had radios and tvs on.

I drove on a highway that airplanes go over a week later and even 2 weeks later. As a plane would be decending, all the cars on the highway would slow down to almost a stop. We were ALL terrorized. Something deep within all of us was stolen that day.

My job at the time was close to one of the largest airports in the world
I had to fly also
it was the so un real that we use to watch 1000s of planes every day to empty skies

your right
I remeber stopping and watching low flying planes in the last few weeks

Forum List

Back