A morning to remember why

Intense, I did not really want to wander into this thread for the precise reason of what one of your posts is...of the destruction that day..it is firmly engrained in my head..I really didn't need the pictures to remind me...my son went to Afghanistan and did his tour of duty disarming IED's on the roadside..he was just 11 when the attacks happened on 9-11 and turned 21 in August. posting positive stuff is what we should do not posting the destruction from that day.

Please tell your son that this old infantryman from a war long past sends him a salute, thanks him for his service, congratulates him on a job well done, and is grateful for his safe return.

As for the need for this thread, while I regret that so much of it has turned political, I suppose it's like Memorial Day for a vet. I don't need it, to remind me that freedom isn't free; I don't need it, to remind me of what I saw in battle, of the men I lost, of the buddies who didn't make it home; all those, and so much more, are branded into my soul; some of it lives on in my nightmares. That day, like this one, hurts, deeply, but I think we need them, as individuals and as a nation; to grieve, to mourn the loss, to remember the fallen, to honor their sacrifice; to remember how precious a gift freedom is, and how lucky we the living are to enjoy it; and why this nation, for all her flaws, has been and still is worth it all.

Did you enlist?

I looked into re-enlisting. I was turned down. But I still serve, doing what I can.......

My question was posed to Willow Tree, not you or others I know and or understand from their posts that they enlisted. Chickenhawks make me ill.

If I've made you ill I've done my job. My point still stands. Those 2 million volunteered and did what they believed in they don't need a piece of crap like you second guessing them..

I looked into re-enlisting. I was turned down. But I still serve, doing what I can.......

My question was posed to Willow Tree, not you or others I know and or understand from their posts that they enlisted. Chickenhawks make me ill.

You do understand that not everyone can enlist? For so very many acceptable reasons.

It's the same old batshit crazy argument they use everytime. Like they'd let old grandma enlist,, no they saved us for frisking at the airport.

"If half the money spent on war had been spent to mitigate the reasons we were attacked on Sept. 11th, the world would and our country would be a safer and saner place."

Seriously insane evil assholes attack for insane reasons. Mitigation ineffective.

They do. Why make ourselves a target? Do you think the divisive and hateful rhetoric of some of our 'leaders' and many who post on message boards which can be read all over the world help?

Mitigation can be effective; what we have done is made the "seriously insane assholes" heros to young, poor and repressed men throughout the ME and Africa, and provided the assholes a recruitment tool.

If not this means, any other would have done. Your argument is flawed.

I don't think so. Saying so isn't convincing, please explain what you're suggesting.

You do understand that not everyone can enlist? For so very many acceptable reasons.

It's the same old batshit crazy argument they use everytime. Like they'd let old grandma enlist,, no they saved us for frisking at the airport.

It's true, not everyone can enlist, and some have good reasons. Cheney for example had better things to do. Those of us who did have earned the right to express our concern when chickenhawks - safely secure in their own homes - nso easily resort to sending others into armed conflict.

It's true, not everyone can enlist, and some have good reasons. Cheney for example had better things to do. Those of us who did have earned the right to express our concern when chickenhawks - safely secure in their own homes - nso easily resort to sending others into armed conflict.

I hate sick fucks like you who think people who haven't served in the military have no right to speak.. truest anti American communist on the damn planet. I bet you hated every fucking potato you peeled didn't you?

They do. Why make ourselves a target? Do you think the divisive and hateful rhetoric of some of our 'leaders' and many who post on message boards which can be read all over the world help?

Mitigation can be effective; what we have done is made the "seriously insane assholes" heros to young, poor and repressed men throughout the ME and Africa, and provided the assholes a recruitment tool.

If not this means, any other would have done. Your argument is flawed.

I don't think so. Saying so isn't convincing, please explain what you're suggesting.

I think you can't see past your Politics or your obsession with Cheney. As far as living your life within accord of everyone around you, so as to not offend, that also is a big fail. The Jihadist's do appreciate your support though. ;) Boo! Don't forget to jump before hitting that prayer rug. Careful not to offend now. :D

Bullshit.

Those who serve defend the freedom of ALL of us to speak freely. Your service does not give you the right to decide what others can and can not say.

Moron.

Do you consider Clinton and Obama...what's the term you used...oh yeah, "CHICKENHAWKS"? Hmmm?

Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 8, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft. Given Selective Service Number 3 26 46 228.

Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964
Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968
Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28, 1969
Bill Clinton dishonors order to report and is not inducted into the military
http://www.gmasw.com/clinton.htm

And you have issues with Cheney?????? I laugh at your partisanship, wry.

I'm still waiting for false flag #217 today. It's still early.

Fuck you.... you little fucking Coward......you admitted you fled the Country right after this happened out of fear......hey let me ask you.....how does it feel running with a tail crammed between your legs?......

Nice cleavage, Harry. :eusa_eh:

Recognising WHY it happened is what is needed.

We spent far too many years already pretending they did it because they "hate our freedoms" and other stupid things

They did it because they hated. They stil eat with one hand and wipe their ass with the other. They are not intelligent beings. And, neither are you.

And what do you suggest we do with 1/5th of the worlds population?

not all of that 1/5 are of the same mind set......ask Sunni if he would strap a Bomb to himself or his kid to die for a Flake like OBL.....

Noted for her touching portraits of animals, Dumas wanted Retrieved to mark not only the anniversary of the September 2001 attacks, but also serve as recognition for some of the first responders and their dogs.

“I felt this was a turning point, especially for the dogs, who although are not forgotten, are not as prominent as the human stories involved,” she said. “They speak to us as a different species, and animals are greatly important for our sense of empathy and to put things into perspective.”

Dumas contacted the New York Fire Department and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and discovered that out of nearly 100 dogs who were among the first responders, only 15 were still alive last year.

“They are all retired and I spent time with each of their handlers learning about their experiences,” Dumas said.

“The dogs are now old and they will soon pass away … These portraits are about how time passes, and how these dogs and their portraits are offering us a way to deal with the things that happened as well as relying on them for comfort.”
The dogs of 9-11: "Retrieved" tells the stories of the 12 search and rescue dogs still alive | ohmidog!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9jUEp_l7cE&feature=related]The man who saw it coming. - YouTube[/ame]
The man who saw it coming.

Intense, I did not really want to wander into this thread for the precise reason of what one of your posts is...of the destruction that day..it is firmly engrained in my head..I really didn't need the pictures to remind me...my son went to Afghanistan and did his tour of duty disarming IED's on the roadside..he was just 11 when the attacks happened on 9-11 and turned 21 in August. posting positive stuff is what we should do not posting the destruction from that day.

Please tell your son that this old infantryman from a war long past sends him a salute, thanks him for his service, congratulates him on a job well done, and is grateful for his safe return.

As for the need for this thread, while I regret that so much of it has turned political, I suppose it's like Memorial Day for a vet. I don't need it, to remind me that freedom isn't free; I don't need it, to remind me of what I saw in battle, of the men I lost, of the buddies who didn't make it home; all those, and so much more, are branded into my soul; some of it lives on in my nightmares. That day, like this one, hurts, deeply, but I think we need them, as individuals and as a nation; to grieve, to mourn the loss, to remember the fallen, to honor their sacrifice; to remember how precious a gift freedom is, and how lucky we the living are to enjoy it; and why this nation, for all her flaws, has been and still is worth it all.

I agree and disagree...we can remember those people and their lives without the horrible pictures to remind us of the tragedy from 9-11, people from every corner of the world died that day and the entire world stood by our side and mourned with us. The papers here still recall what happened that day..yes, even Honduras remembers...as I went out today neighbors and others said, tough day today isn't it..I said yeah sometimes I suppose but we live and learn from it. My son is home, but I am one of the lucky ones..how many mom's nightmares of their child coming home draped in a flag became a sad reality? You remember losing those around you and you know the nightmare I am talking about..I close my eyes and see the battle pictures and the pictures of him in uniform with gun in hand and still try not to see those things...but I do. My dad served in Nam and Korea. I did not serve for health restrictions. That said I am very good at remembering, but I think we should celebrate the lives of those lost that day instead of the pictures of rubble. The lives of people like the man that said ' let's roll' which were his last words...before they brought down the plane on their own keeping it from hitting the White house. Heroes is what they were..or even the young man who was just a janitor in the WTC that was from a foreign country and died...remembering him and his family is enough...the idea of memorial day is the way this should be treated.

Let's not celebrate the horror they caused..it gives OBL too much credit. I prefer to see these pictures..

My son said it well to me before he left..he said ' mom if I die celebrate my life not my death' I cried for months afterwards thinking about those words, but they impacted me and made me realize how much he grew up.

Photos & Pictures | Photos from the Staten Island Advance - SILive.com

The above is what I want to see..not the towers falling down...if we want to see the towers we need to look at them still standing before they were hit.

Aviso de redirección

Bullshit.

Cheney?
what does DC have to do with the brave men and women who have given it all? DC served this country the way he thought best
WRY what have you done?

Forum List

Back