A Message to the NFL

Dear NFL,

We real Americans can all go another year, and more without watching you idiots coming onto our TV screens disrespecting our Flag, our Country, our National Anthem, our Military, our Veterans, and our Police Officers. We watch you people to play football and to be entertained, and to be entertained ONLY, not to see you dimwits protesting over fake manufactured oppression. If you want to "protest" by getting on your knees, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! So either wise up or be unemployed.

Enough is enough. And you Owners had better listen up as well.

The NFL proved they support racists and they are unpatriotic. How are you going to penalize someone for exercising their constitutional rights to protest?

You fire them!

Yeah. But I can live with it, and I see no reason to punish people for it.
So players are protesting, but those who object are punishing?
Nope, objecting is great. Voicing objection is great. The line is crossed when "consequences" are issued, just like when a conservative speaker is shut down on a college campus.

my message to the nfl

fuck ya

i got better things to spend my money and time on

also great i am teaching the grandchildren that there is more to life

then the nfl

so at least here i hope it becomes generational

Nope, objecting is great. Voicing objection is great. The line is crossed when "consequences" are issued, just like when a conservative speaker is shut down on a college campus.

Well, its football, so instead of fines and suspensions, we give them a 15 yard penalty on kickoff? :)

Seriously, I see sports figures being much more effective in making a difference off field.

Seriously, I see sports figures being much more effective in making a difference off field.
Well, look at our culture. We (and especially our kids) place an incredible premium on celebrity. Sad but true.

That's why I think that popular culture may need to be part of the answer if we're going to fix some of our problems. They may need sometimes need to take the lead.

Insane as that may be.

What I find is many, many similarities in behaviors. Regularly. Daily.
I see a lot more violence from the left these days.
Frequency is not the point. "More" is not the point. I said "similar behaviors".
Yes, once is too often, but I do think frequency does matter.
Well sure, it can, particularly violence, but there are so many similar behaviors that trying to separate the two ends is like trying to drink water out of a fire hose.

It's up to each end to hold its own side accountable, and they sure as hell aren't doing that right now.

Well, look at our culture. We (and especially our kids) place an incredible premium on celebrity. Sad but true.

That's why I think that popular culture may need to be part of the answer if we're going to fix some of our problems. They may need sometimes need to take the lead.

Insane as that may be.

I think Sterling Brown is a good example of the problem and how you react.

Milwaukee police release video showing violent arrest of NBA player Sterling Brown

He was every bit a cooperative person, up to the point his rights were violated.

What I find is many, many similarities in behaviors. Regularly. Daily.
I see a lot more violence from the left these days.
Frequency is not the point. "More" is not the point. I said "similar behaviors".
Yes, once is too often, but I do think frequency does matter.
Well sure, it can, particularly violence, but there are so many similar behaviors that trying to separate the two ends is like trying to drink water out of a fire hose.

It's up to each end to hold its own side accountable, and they sure as hell aren't doing that right now.

I suspect it is because there is a small portion of truth in each side. There are more than two sides, most of us are not on one end or the other. It is necessary to cast the others as extreme to appear more popular, reasonable and necessary.

Dear NFL,

We real Americans can all go another year, and more without watching you idiots coming onto our TV screens disrespecting our Flag, our Country, our National Anthem, our Military, our Veterans, and our Police Officers. We watch you people to play football and to be entertained, and to be entertained ONLY, not to see you dimwits protesting over fake manufactured oppression. If you want to "protest" by getting on your knees, DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! So either wise up or be unemployed.

The NFL proved they support racists and they are unpatriotic. How are you going to penalize someone for exercising their constitutional rights to protest?

You fire them!
Then do that. We know thats not going to happen because the league would fold.

BS I stand with the kneelers. Most of them have a longer heritage to the US than most of us, since they were brought here as slaves.

Also most vets know it has nothing to do with the flag. But Trump made it all about the Flag and the NA, its about the race divide, and police shooting black men.

Speak for yourself. What the hell is a "real American"???

Actually taking a knee was and is a sign that they do not feel America represents them, therefore they don't feel like Americans. They are protesting and will reap whatever that protest yields. So far it is reduced viewership, which will eventually translate to lower incomes. Many could fall from one percenter status.

The NFL is fading anyay. Between the protests, the pink shoes and the basic pussifiaction... it's just a matter of time.

Yeah…the draft was carried live on 3 networks. You’re fading away.

BS I stand with the kneelers. Most of them have a longer heritage to the US than most of us, since they were brought here as slaves.

Also most vets know it has nothing to do with the flag. But Trump made it all about the Flag and the NA, its about the race divide, and police shooting black men.

Take a knee, playahs! The cops put him in cuffs...disrespectful! All he did was shoot his Grandma...who was descended from slaves!

Woman Dies During Standoff At Silver Lake Trader Joe's, Suspect Taken Into Custody

They always show older vets, over 70 with canes or can barely stand,

every player should start the game by pushing a WC survivor from the military so people see its not all rosy for vets. Maybe they should also have vets in scooters drive around the field a few times before the games while the NA and the players stand.

What propaganda comparing the football players with men fighting in battle.

Really show what fighting in a war is like, or parade some coffins around on the field.

Take a knee, playahs! The cops put him in cuffs...disrespectful! All he did was shoot his Grandma...who was descended from slaves!

Woman Dies During Standoff At Silver Lake Trader Joe's, Suspect Taken Into Custody

Dylan Roof was as white as he could be, his grandparents would be proud.

Dear NFL,

You fire them!
On what grounds when there was no company policy stating they had to stand during the National Anthem? The rule suggestively stated, they “should stand,” not that they shall stand or must stand. And with no stated penalty to include possible termination.

The playahs aren't protesting Roof.

The playahs aren't protesting Roof.
They arent protesting the shooter in Trader Joes either but you still brought that up.

Forum List

Back