A map of the liberal thought process on abortion

To map a particular process, one must proceed from right definitions.

The OP proceeds only from the OP's definitions, which are not submitted to the Board.

Of course trolling occurs.

"trolling" is a rather convenient way to dismiss responses.

i'm just one individual responding to the op and elucidating a topic i care deeply about.

if the op only wants to write fairy tales, maybe he should run off to the creative writing forum.

Nothing but trolling, flaming and spam.

I couldn't be more disappointed.

I sincerely think it would be interesting, productive and useful to have a map / flowchart on not only the abortion issue but on any number of other subjects as well.

Are there not any others interested in this as well?
The title of the thread is trolling...So what else would follow?
I myself would never use abortion..and I am a liberal...I pay for what I create, cherish it and keep it...What others do is their story..

It is not trolling at all.

Do leftists not have a thought process?

Assuming they do... how would it be controlling to try to plot it out , like with a flow chart?

I sincerely think it would be interesting, productive and useful to have a map / flowchart on not only the abortion issue but on any number of other subjects as well.

I myself would never use abortion..and I am a liberal...I pay for what I create, cherish it and keep it...What others do is their story..

Assuming they do... how would it be controlling to try to plot it out , like with a flow chart?
I have a hard enough time keeping on track with mine..

Anyone who is truly pro-life surely must support universal health care.

The United States today leads the industrialized world in pre-natal deaths. Millions of pre-born babies have died in America due to a lack of adequate health care for their mothers. How do we know universal health care would help? Well, it's pretty obvious actually.

The U.S. is next to last in the industrialized world in pre-natal mortality. We even trail some third world countries -- like Cuba.

According to the State of the World's Mothers Report American babies are three times more likely to die in their first month as children born in Japan, and newborn mortality is 2.5 times higher in the United States than in Finland, Iceland or Norway.

The 40 or so other nations that have a lower death rate all have one thing in common; they all have universal, government provided, health care. So, surely if one is pro-life then one supports universal health care.

The OP proceeds only from the OP's definitions, which are not submitted to the Board.

I submitted no definitions at all in the OP and in fact said we should start with a blank page... while also considering the fact that things like the Constitution does exist and I encouraged the responders to expound on how they take the Constitution into consideration or factor it in.

I already did it for you, plain and simple. That's how they think.

Almost everyone thinks the right to choose should be granted in some cases (rape, incest, life of mother) and also that the government should be able to prohibit abortion in some cases (i.e. 3rd trimester).

So, the good news is there is much we all (pro-life and pro-choice) Republicans and Democrats agree on about abortion. Also, there are a broad range of issues besides abortion that impact the "sanctity of life."

Finally, and this is counter-intuitive, the data seems to demonstrate that generally when Democrats are in power, abortions decline; when Republicans are in power, abortions rise. Democratic policies are generally more supportive of helping women carry pregnancies to term.

This is likely true for several reasons, foremost because Democratic administrations generally provide more economic support for poor women which helps them afford to choose to have children.

Economic support is crucial to reducing abortions because 3/4 of women who have an abortion say at least part of the reason they chose to abort was because they couldn't afford to raise a child. It's also been shown again and again that rising poverty causes abortions to rise.

I submitted no definitions at all in the OP and in fact said we should start with a blank page... while also considering the fact that things like the Constitution does exist and I encouraged the responders to expound on how they take the Constitution into consideration or factor it in.
Then if you are beginning with a blank page, please give a list of terms and definitions.

Lower abortion rates under Democratic administrations likely is also caused because Democrats tend to expand family planning, maternal health and contraception services. These services (also included in most universal health care plans) unquestionably reduce abortions as well as save the lives of women and children, born and unborn, both in the United States and worldwide.

Birth control also helps create stable families since most unintended pregnancies happen outside of marriage. As a group, young, unwed, mothers find it harder to go to college, have a career and/or marry a man with a good job. So, birth control reduces those kinds of pregnancies and therefore helps women to get pregnant when their lives are more established and hopefully they are married.

When voting for a politician, consider all his or her views and decide which candidate you think is really "pro-life" and which supports policies likely to result in more death. A "pro-life" bumper sticker or even stating that one is "against abortion" is not enough, alone, to make one really pro-life.

Conservative Evangelicals Traditionally were Pro-Choice

It was Jerry Falwell who first said in 1980 that "The Bible clearly states that life begins at conception… (Abortion) is murder according to the Word of God."

Wow, that statement by Jerry Falwell changed the world because the issue of abortion (never mentioned in the bible) became THE defining political issue for conservative evangelicals. They went from supporting their fellow Southern Baptist (Jimmy Carter) to supporting Ronald Reagan. And, the rest is history.

Today, the power the Republican party wields in most of the country is only possible because of the staunch support of conservative evangelicals. And the issue of abortion is front and center, indeed paramount, to millions of them.

Conservative Evangelicals Traditionally were Pro-Choice

Then if you are beginning with a blank page, please give a list of terms and definitions.

The purpose of this is to discover what information it is that left leaning people actually use...

Providing my own references should not be necessary for anyone else to be able to share what their resources and interpretations are.

The tolerance of spamming and such in threads like this is one of the reasons I will likely never be donating any money to this site.

Chuz, go away if you cannot be honest.

I am completely honest.

I am also very curious as to what the thought processes of others really might look like, where we agree, where we disagree, etc.

It would be nice to find a forum where that can be explored without all the spamming and trolling that we have seen so far.

I've been wanting to try this for a long time.

The idea of this thread is really very simple. I am curious about what the left's thought process is from start to finish on abortion. Ultimately, since our Constitution is the supreme 'law of the land' it has to come down to a reading, understanding and or interpretation of the Constitution itself.

So, starting with all the facts and realities we have today, including The Constitution, Roe and all the Supreme Court cases, scientific facts, etc. . .

Please help me map out (and thereby understand) the liberal thought process of abortion.

If need by, I will start a similar map for the Conservative thought process in another thread - to serve as a guideline for this one.

Trolling and thread derail attempts will be reported. (for whatever good that does) Wouldn't it be great if we could have threads without all that?

I digress.

Staring with a 'blank page' as much as that is possible. . . The FIRST thought that comes to mind when you think about the abortion issue as a left leaning person is. . .

WHAT?

Then the next step, etc.

whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Forum List

Back